Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Community Team General Update: May 31st, 2012

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Community Team General Update: May 31st, 2012
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

JohnSkylar
05.31.2012 , 01:13 PM | #121
Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post
Yes. The logistics of all of that would have to be mapped out first (approvals, possible legal issues, etc), but it's definitely something that we want to investigate for the future.
So glad to see you say this. I can be pretty patient, but keep us updated!

(also, I'd love to help)
House Arn on Lord Adraas. Currently composed of Tyfe (a Jedi Sentinel) , Wilfryd (a luckless roustabout Scoundrel), Erryl (a Trooper who eats his chunky soup and defends his Republic), and Therys (a mean old Sith Sorc with a meaner past).
If I sound like a jerk, I probably just think I'm being funny. Humor me

WrecklessMEDIC
05.31.2012 , 01:15 PM | #122

Thanks for the update! Must say SWTOR has the most interactive community team I've ever dealt with. Glad to see the Dev Tracker filling up again.

Rollento
05.31.2012 , 01:17 PM | #123
I'm somewhat glad to see the Community Team responding to the community, and I feel it will go a long ways to keeping up customer retention.

However, some of the biggest gripes about the game are towards the development team's actions. Lack of updates on important issues are at the front of problems. I hate the "Coming Soon" or "Early Summer" posts, but us players are like kids on a road trip always asking their parents "Are we there yet?". So the reply is somewhat ok, but maybe we can come to a even point by creating a page on the website titled "Coming in 1.3" page and a "On the Horizon" Page that has hints of "in progress" updates that we can be excited about.

Also, if a patch is going to be rolled out, why not always post the patch notes a day or two before time? If we know that a patch will be coming that affects us (class nerfs/buffs, GTN, Augment changes, etc.), it won't be so much of a surprise. This was done for the massive 1.2 update, but not for weekly patches. I was excited for maintenance when an update was coming on Tuesday. Some minor patches really fixed issues we complained about, others were just minor. The problem though was that we had no way of knowing what the patch was until after it was implemented. I'd preferred all patches to the game, big or small, be spoken about ahead of time.

Celwinn
05.31.2012 , 01:17 PM | #124
Thanks for the updates.

It is a sad day when alot of people leave any project but it's reassuring to know that we are left in capable hands

On a semi unrelated note, would it be possible to see a Death Match video between all of the Community Team Staff? Perhaps in Outlaw's Den? Please?

My main is a Commando so Major Musco has became my favourite community Staff right now.
Don't let the past define you

Ludwig_VanCover
05.31.2012 , 01:19 PM | #125
I just wanted to drop by and say thank you to not only the community managers, but also the customer support agents, developers, live team and everyone else. I wanted to let you all know that I am very appreciative of all the hard work and dedication the team is taking for maintaining SWTOR and for ensuring a quality service. I am looking forward to seeing more information about the community representatives (and even perhaps the developers?).

It is also nice to know that you guys are playing on the live servers as well. Many people probably make rude assumptions about you guys not realizing the population problem on some servers, but just knowing the fact that you guys are indeed on the live servers should hopefully let people know that you see what the ingame economy is like and you can see some of our concerns in /general chat.

Again, thank you for introducing yourselves and here's to a more positive outlook for the game.
░▒ General Ludwig VanCover - The Army of Light ▒░
░▒ "The Time is Always Right to Do What is Right." ▒░
Acting Grandmaster of The Army of Light | Recruiting Tanks, and Healers
Commando Healer Extraordinaire - TEH Server

Magnesium
05.31.2012 , 01:20 PM | #126
While it is good to introduce yourselves, as always the proof is in the work itself, hopefully your efforts will assist the community but if all you are doing is being a typing admin between Devs and us, then it really doesn't help the community much at all, I hope I am wrong.

Aquatium Only in Light can a Shadow exist
Maelstrom
Recruitment Video | Website | Forums | YouTube Channel | Recruitment Post

EricMusco
05.31.2012 , 01:21 PM | #127 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by Lord_Karsk View Post
Very nice, and grats to Eric Musco. You came along way from hosting the Torocast podcast.
And you sure know how to talk fast,and you understand gaming on a high lvl.

Thank you for the kind words. I assure you that in my new role, the speed at which I speak will remain speedily intact!

Quote: Originally Posted by QuickBunnie View Post
Will the community changes affect your events that are being planned? Since fans would need to buy tickets ahead of time, it would be nice to get a quick update if there were any changes.

Specifically, it was implied by David Bass and Stephen Reid that they were going to try to make the SW:TOR event at Star Wars: Celebration VI the 'big' event for the trade show season. Is this still the goal of the community team? Is it still an official SWTOR event?

Thanks for your update.

The events that were in David’s capable hands definitely still remain! You can look forward to seeing SWTOR at both San Diego Comic-con and Star Wars Celebration later this year. If I may steal your words, it is definitely the goal of the Community team that Star Wars: Celebration VI will be the ‘big’ event for the trade show season!
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

mikphobos
05.31.2012 , 01:21 PM | #128
It's certainly understandable to be cautious of any new changes, but I wanted to let you know that I've worked several years as a Community Manager prior to BioWare, but that's not why I wanted to respond to this.

I've already explained what happened this past weekend and apologized personally to the original player affected. Our CS team quickly called every single person affected and apologized for what had happened.

Mistakes happen and lessons were definitely learned, and we're going to be more thorough in everything that we do. Since all parties involved have no further issues with each other, I'm going to officially ask that we move beyond this. I'm going to, and I hope that you can as well. There is no reason to discuss this further.
i am hoping for the best for the game, and thanks for your quick answer lots of expectations that i have for you now.

curtkram
05.31.2012 , 01:24 PM | #129
I've already explained what happened this past weekend and apologized personally to the original player affected. Our CS team also quickly called every single person affected and apologized for what had happened.
For those that lack a proper moral compass, Joveth did the right thing here. A mistake was made, and that sucks, but the team admitted they were wrong and did their best to fix it. There will always be mistakes. It's far too common for someone to deny responsibility and sweep it under the rug. What Joveth and the community team did with this, in public, was commendable and I don't think it's fair for them to take heat for it.
Sorry for discussing it further. I hope it helps people understand that this is what you should be doing, and you deserve at least a little praise.

Mumit
05.31.2012 , 01:26 PM | #130
It feels like there's been more communication in this thread today than there has been in the last two weeks. Can we expect a level of communication like this going forward, or will it be reverting back to the level of communication we usually have seen where it's limited to mostly server outages?

Is there a community representative independent of the PVP or PVE representative who's goal is to explain the reasoning behind class changes, or is that mostly going to remain limited to developer posts after class changes have already been pushed to live servers?

And, lastly, I know it's a long shot - But can you give us an idea on when Bioware feels summer begins and ends?