Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Community Team General Update: May 31st, 2012

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Community Team General Update: May 31st, 2012
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

ScarletBlaze
05.31.2012 , 12:41 PM | #91
Thank you for the post. I for one appreciate it.
A southern girl is a girl who knows full well that she can open a door for herself but prefers for the gentleman to do it because it demonstrates a sense of respect. Guild Roleplays: http://republicexplorerscorp.enjin.com/activity
Referral Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/vLlZlR

AllisonBerryman
05.31.2012 , 12:41 PM | #92 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by Elfindreams View Post
As an example, a majority of the quest bugs and such that get logged don't ever make it into the known issues list on the forums. It seems the only way something gets on the known issues list is if someone posted something in the forums (not via bug report) and it spawned a multi-page threadnaught. Or if you were lucky enough to catch the eye of particular devs/etc.
You're right in that the known issues list on the forums isn't a comprehensive list of all the in-game issues. The goal of that list is primarily to make sure highly-visible issues that impact many players are listed. That doesn't mean that other reports go into a black hole, and we do encourage you to use in-game Customer Service to report bugs. This way, they'll be put into the system for sure. Once a bug is entered (and once it's checked to see if it has already been entered), the time to fix it varies, since we have to prioritize bug fixes based on resources for each specific fix. On the forums, we do try to post when we (on the community team) have passed an issue along, but the in-game CS portal is the best way to report individual bugs.

curtkram
05.31.2012 , 12:42 PM | #93
I would still like to know which servers you guys and gals are playing on (and which servers you transferred from if applicable). I think it would help me as a player (or us as a player base) understand how you're dealing with the same problem we're facing. I understand your characters should remain anonymous, and I'm not asking to stalk you. I suppose if you're on a server with 10 people, maybe it would be too easy to narrow down which one is you.

Otherwise, this is a question you can answer. You don't have to ask a dev because this time you actually know the answer, surely there isn't a 'do not disclose' or you don't need permission or anything. The question is directly related to getting to know you better, so it fits into what you're looking for in this topic. I know it's kind of a loaded question, but maybe if you answer a hard question it will let us know you really do want to communicate with us and build a little trust with some of the more skeptical forum user base.

Beyorn
05.31.2012 , 12:47 PM | #94
Thank you all for subjecting yourself to the fires of the forums. (/hands out flame retardant outerwear)

I know if you guys don't know the answer to this yet but I have been worried about this since all the stuff happened last week.

Will we get something from Mr. Ohlen or Mr. Erickson about where the game is heading? With the downsized team I'm afraid that the 4th pillar (story) will fall by the wayside ;(. For me and my little group this is the most important part of the game.

BadOrb
05.31.2012 , 12:47 PM | #95
Glad to meet you all , it was a great read , hope the community treat you well. Oh and Allison you answered a question that I have been wondering about , Ill send an in game customer report about a really bad bug , it involves not been able to get rid of a companion or log off , so its an important one.

cheers,

Badorb.
'Ah you think micro transactions are your ally ? The DLC betrays you because it belongs to me , when your home world is monetized , you have my permission to buy'.
"Oh goody. Lord Douchebag McFuzzlebunny can now be related to me if he see's my legacy name and decides he likes it." quote from Selvec 09/06/12

psi_overtake
05.31.2012 , 12:48 PM | #96
Quote: Originally Posted by Celebrus View Post
.... I can tell you right now that it doesn't matter how much we personally get to know them, that simple fact alone isn't going to improve the game...
... as of now, this has done nothing for the game.
It's improved my mood, which will turn into a better gaming experience and will spread to my guild, which will get them happier. Mood and knowledge heavily influence current and potential players.

"We want answers!"
Well here is a lot:
http://www.swtor.com/blog/weekly-for...-may-30th-2012
http://www.swtor.com/blog/community-...ame-update-1.3
plus archives of other data

"I feel like BW has forgotten about us / We never hear from BW!"
http://www.swtor.com/community/devtracker.php
http://www.swtor.com/blog/community-...-may-31st-2012

Some people will just never be satisfied with how long the process takes. I'm glad that the game's representatives are taking the time to blog and post on the forums (and especially happy that they're deleting irrelevant and/or rage posts) about what they know and how they're here to listen to our concerns (and post answers where they can).
PsiSniper Sniper & PsiOvertake Sorcerer (Updated July 5, 2012)
Ascend / Consumed / Art of War
The Brony Legacy
Quote: Originally Posted by CourtneyWoods View Post
Let's show them how Imperial Intelligence handles things! Pa-Chow!

Elfindreams
05.31.2012 , 12:48 PM | #97
Quote: Originally Posted by AllisonBerryman View Post
You're right in that the known issues list on the forums isn't a comprehensive list of all the in-game issues. The goal of that list is primarily to make sure highly-visible issues that impact many players are listed. That doesn't mean that other reports go into a black hole, and we do encourage you to use in-game Customer Service to report bugs. This way, they'll be put into the system for sure. Once a bug is entered (and once it's checked to see if it has already been entered), the time to fix it varies, since we have to prioritize bug fixes based on resources for each specific fix. On the forums, we do try to post when we (on the community team) have passed an issue along, but the in-game CS portal is the best way to report individual bugs.
Oh I understand the length of time to fix/priorities/etc. My problem is that bugs that are practically identical to ones listed on the thread go unannounced on the thread. For specific example there is a mention in the thread right now of a quest that if you do the last step in a quest the bonus mission goes away. I reported a similar bug where in a specific quest the last bonus boss and the computer to activate to finish the quest are equally easy to get to and in the same instance. If you kill the boss then activate the computer you complete the bonus and the quest, you activate the computer and then kill the boss... no bonus. I reported that a month ago. Still not in the known issues list.

If one is visible enough to make the list, shouldn't the other? It just seems that what makes the list is arbitrary and insufficient to keep people from tripping over (and having to report) bugs that you already know about, which wastes our time, supports time and r&d time.
The Jade Legacy Ebon Hawk
[Nova Imperium] [The Crescent Order]

RedWolfs
05.31.2012 , 12:49 PM | #98
Quote: Originally Posted by Beyorn View Post
Thank you all for subjecting yourself to the fires of the forums. (/hands out flame retardant outerwear)

I know if you guys don't know the answer to this yet but I have been worried about this since all the stuff happened last week.

Will we get something from Mr. Ohlen or Mr. Erickson about where the game is heading? With the downsized team I'm afraid that the 4th pillar (story) will fall by the wayside ;(. For me and my little group this is the most important part of the game.
I agree story and forking arcs was one of the major things to make SWTOR unique. I certainly hope it does not fall by the wayside.

AllisonBerryman
05.31.2012 , 12:50 PM | #99 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by Elfindreams View Post
Oh I understand the length of time to fix/priorities/etc. My problem is that bugs that are practically identical to ones listed on the thread go unannounced on the thread. For specific example there is a mention in the thread right now of a quest that if you do the last step in a quest the bonus mission goes away. I reported a similar bug where in a specific quest the last bonus boss and the computer to activate to finish the quest are equally easy to get to and in the same instance. If you kill the boss then activate the computer you complete the bonus and the quest, you activate the computer and then kill the boss... no bonus. I reported that a month ago. Still not in the known issues list.

If one is visible enough to make the list, shouldn't the other? It just seems that what makes the list is arbitrary and insufficient to keep people from tripping over (and having to report) bugs that you already know about, which wastes our time, supports time and r&d time.
It's likely that the bug you're talking about is already known as well, but it may not be in the known issues list if we needed more reports about it or if it was a less visible mission. Please do report it with the in-game CS tool, though!

Mudmink
05.31.2012 , 12:50 PM | #100
I like this thread. It's nice to get to know our Community Team!

And /highfive to Eric! Sith Inquisitor all the way
Meo Muse || The Harbinger