Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Community Team General Update: May 31st, 2012

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Community Team General Update: May 31st, 2012
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Costello
05.31.2012 , 12:13 PM | #71
Is there any plans to have feedback on the 'Feedback request from James Ohlen' such as what was taken from the feedback players have provided.

Remember views on planets, ingame events and PvP. But don't recall anyone saying what was being done because of it. Such as By Popular demand your Next planet will be Yavin 4 and Bespin or whatever the results lead to.

AllisonBerryman
05.31.2012 , 12:15 PM | #72 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Everyone - we're happy to answer questions you have about the community team, our plans for communication, the forums, and topics related to this blog, but please understand that we can't necessarily field any question about the game right now in this thread. Like Joveth posted earlier, we do know that character transfer is very important to you all, but we don't have new information at the moment. If you do have questions about the game, I'd recommend posting them in our upcoming Q&A blog thread.

TylerTrojan
05.31.2012 , 12:15 PM | #73
Thanks for the update!

I really really like the idea of community managers being assigned to particular sub-topics, and tied in with a particular developer - seems like a great way to streamline the process and allow for specific questions to get specific answers in a much more efficient manner.

One suggestion I have (not sure how possible this would be) is to have a rotating series of features on the different areas of the game (PVP, Ops, Guilds, community, RP etc.). Say there are 7 or 8 categories that you guys come up with, then each week a different "focus" would be featured. Ideally this would be in a presentation format similar to the Guild Summit (but only one of the presentations) with a live-streamed ~10 min presentation by a dev focused on that game area on what has been going on with that particular area of the game over the last 2 months, where they are taking it, and give more particulars on what they're doing to grow that area of the game. Followed by ~10 min Q&A with live-submitted questions, that'd be awesome

Of course, I know that's a lot of work, but it really should only take each team a few hours once every two months to make a quick PPT and explain what's going on to the community. Even if some of the features (live-stream, Q&A, etc.) are impractical, it'd be awesome if there could be a rotating featured blog post with Q&A or something like that. Just another way to let us know what is going on in the different areas of the game, hopefully without putting too much strain on the devs, who should be primarily focused on developing!

AllisonBerryman
05.31.2012 , 12:17 PM | #74 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by Lurchy View Post
A question I do have is:- Once the population consolidation issue has been resolved and the game has settled down to <insert number here> amount of Servers, will each of those servers finally get its OWN forum so that the players can actually start making a community?
Specific server forums is something we will very likely revisit in the future. No promises, but we definitely hear feedback regarding them.

Adaram_TOR
05.31.2012 , 12:21 PM | #75
I love you all. Each and every one of you is awesome and appreciated!!

Lurchy
05.31.2012 , 12:22 PM | #76
Quote: Originally Posted by AllisonBerryman View Post
Specific server forums is something we will very likely revisit in the future. No promises, but we definitely hear feedback regarding them.
Ok thanks for the prompt reply, server forums have always been very good in my previous games and the amount of trash talking isn't that bad if controlled properly.
Originally Posted by ErisktheRed
my suggestion, the empire creates the death star early and blows up Illum instead of Alderaan. Problem solved.

LarryRow
05.31.2012 , 12:24 PM | #77
Quote: Originally Posted by AllisonBerryman View Post
This doesn't mean that there won't ever be exclusive info on press sites, but we will always work to make sure that players can get important game information and news, no matter where you choose to look.
Can't you post links to these exclusive interviews? The press site still gets hits; we still have to go there to get the info. Otherwise, users just copy paste it into a forum post and the site gets less hits. Also:

Quote:
We are committed to working with the community and we will continue to do so through Game Update 1.3, Character Transfers, and beyond.
Shouldn't that be, "through Character Transfers, Game Update 1.3, and beyond" or is that not an ordered list?

Finally, I like your idea about matching community team members to specific game elements and their respective developers. I look forward to seeing more activity in the forums from you guys in the future. Forward!

Jinxblog
05.31.2012 , 12:25 PM | #78
Quote: Originally Posted by Muertepk View Post
two cents?

its a bit late to revamp the community interaction system. it is nice and all, and going forward im sure the minor amount of people who care to be involved with this community will love the lap dog interactions.

but this is yet another thing that should have been implemented since beta, its a great thing no doubt but i personally have watched significant numbers of forum folks abandon this outlet for greener and less whiny pastures.
"Better late than never."

No flames are necessary, you are already roasting in the fires of your own stupidity.

RealDalamars
05.31.2012 , 12:26 PM | #79
Thanks for the updates guys and looking forward to good interaction.

That said I haven't really posted my requests any where but I do have some feedback for the teams. This very Apple'esqe method of "we can't talk about it right now" doesn't really work. I don't understand why Bioware wouldn't want to shout to the world all the things they are planning for the year. The secrets don't serve any purpose. It's not like another MMO is going to introduce new Star Wars elements because they ripped off your idea. My goodness I play this because it's Star Wars. There is nothing that any of your competitors could steal from your announcements that would convince me to switch to them if I KNEW you were going to put it in SWTOR.

It should be communicated all the way to the top that getting folks, like me, excited in the upcoming features and giving us things to look forward to is likely going to travel at light speed when you talk player retention. Being mysterious in this venue doesn't serve any useful purpose, and doesn't serve to keep anyone interested.

BTW a notable exception would be the surprise events in game, like the plague event. I would want that to be a surprise. But features? Tell us! Get us excited about the future! Let us know what is on the drawing board. If nothing else you can solicit feedback before you waste massive development cycles building something nobody is going to like.
The First Order
Always with you what cannot be done...

JediElf
05.31.2012 , 12:26 PM | #80
This is fantastic! What a great post to read, and I'm thrilled to meet you all.

I can't wait to see what you guys have in store for us, and for the boards!

Welcome one, and all!

Beware the Jawa Sith!
SGRA FAQ! Check it out!