Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Community Team General Update: May 31st, 2012

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Community Team General Update: May 31st, 2012
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

JovethGonzalez
05.31.2012 , 12:00 PM | #61 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by Jinxblog View Post
I have an interesting question for you guys.

We get asked a lot "What do you (the players) want? What features, Ops, etc do would you like to see in the future of this game?"

Well, what does the Community Team of SW:TOR want? What does the future community look like to you guys? Are there any new features you would like to see in-game or on the forums that would help out immensely with your jobs?
That's a very good question and the truth is that we're aiming for a future in which we have a closer collaboration between you folks, us (the community team), and the development team. I believe that with the new specialty initiative (the one I mention in the blog post), we'll be getting closer to that. Once the infrastructure is set up, the goal is to be more agile in responding to questions and concerns (from the community team POV). As for the game? Well, we're players too so we all have different opinions on this. I love exploring in our game, so I'd personally love to see new planets down the line.

psi_overtake
05.31.2012 , 12:01 PM | #62
Quote: Originally Posted by Jinxblog View Post
I have an interesting question for you guys.

We get asked a lot "What do you (the players) want? What features, Ops, etc do would you like to see in the future of this game?"

Well, what does the Community Team of SW:TOR want? What does the future community look like to you guys? Are there any new features you would like to see in-game or on the forums that would help out immensely with your jobs?
I second this. I can't imagine that you guys come into here equipped with anything less than a hazmat suit.

Are there any technical roadblocks that are impeding your communication with the players, like only a small percentage of us actually providing feedback on the forums? Are the forums the best way to communicate our feedback, or are other methods better for dissemination?
PsiSniper Sniper & PsiOvertake Sorcerer (Updated July 5, 2012)
Ascend / Consumed / Art of War
The Brony Legacy
Quote: Originally Posted by CourtneyWoods View Post
Let's show them how Imperial Intelligence handles things! Pa-Chow!

Lurchy
05.31.2012 , 12:02 PM | #63
Quote: Originally Posted by hargrave View Post
Joveth my issue is why do we have so much money and time and spent on PR and so little time spent on actual development? This is what happened to battlefield 3 and it tanked. We dont need to hear over and over and over "COMING SOON" We have 6 months now of "Coming soon" and we have a team dedicated to this and that but we the customer dont see anything being done.

If bioware/ea spent the amount of time and money they do on PR saying "coming soon" and we have a team for this we would have space pvp and open world fixed i believe.

What id like to you to know is all the PR in the world is meaningless without action. Now im sure you will tell me oh we have a team doing this and "coming soon" well let me ask you this. Lets say i open the newspaper and theres a full page ad saying chevy is having a corvette sale. So i go down there to look at the corvettes and the dealership tells me oh we dont have any corvettes theres a dedicated team making them in kentucky and there "coming soon" So they advertised having this corvette i drive down there and they tell me that. Know you as a chevy customer what would you think about that?

This is how i feel and this is why im going to play another mmo that i cant even say on here due to carebears b/c you guys spend billions on PR for stuff you dont have all the time and i getting tired of it.

Less PR
MORE development into the game<------------
How about less hyperbole, more rational chat mate?
Originally Posted by ErisktheRed
my suggestion, the empire creates the death star early and blows up Illum instead of Alderaan. Problem solved.

psi_overtake
05.31.2012 , 12:03 PM | #64
Joveth my issue is why do we have so much money and time and spent on PR and so little time spent on actual development?
Bioware's recent downsizing was to increase (through hiring in the near future) the number of engineers they have.
PsiSniper Sniper & PsiOvertake Sorcerer (Updated July 5, 2012)
Ascend / Consumed / Art of War
The Brony Legacy
Quote: Originally Posted by CourtneyWoods View Post
Let's show them how Imperial Intelligence handles things! Pa-Chow!

GamewizX
05.31.2012 , 12:03 PM | #65
Joveth my issue is why do we have so much money and time and spent on PR and so little time spent on actual development?
Unless you work for EA and Bioware and know how the funding is allocated, your entire post is baseless.
The Shadowlands -Ξ▒▓██ The Gamewiz Legacy ██▓▒Ξ- The Shadowlands
www.oldrepublicdads.com | Proud member of -=ORD=- | www.oldrepublicdads.com
Aaliyah - 50 Sage (TK) | Corthin - 50 Sentinel (CB) | Hartman - 35 Commando (GN)

JovethGonzalez
05.31.2012 , 12:03 PM | #66 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by Drudenfusz View Post
Does Chris Collins not play SWTOR or why does the article tells us what everyone is playing except for him?
Oh he does, but at the time of writing, I think he had left the office (they're in Ireland). I'll be sure to ask him when he gets back in and update accordingly.

Boyana
05.31.2012 , 12:03 PM | #67
Quote: Originally Posted by Adderdin View Post
Great... but we dont care who you are and what your roles in bioware are.

If you have no information regarding the future of this game, the patch notes, a short list of "things that are going live within next 30 days" or "things that will be going live within next 60 days", the entire introduction is exactly as this post - worthless.
Talk for yourself! I am very interested in what they have to say!

snwmnx
05.31.2012 , 12:04 PM | #68
Question for community team:
What happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object?

Hint:
Spoiler

AllisonBerryman
05.31.2012 , 12:07 PM | #69 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by psi_overtake View Post
Are the forums the best way to communicate our feedback, or are other methods better for dissemination?
The forums are a great way to provide feedback (cue me as a broken record: as long as it is constructive and specific). Many of us on the team are always monitoring the forums and reading threads in all the subforums. Additionally, the Community Representatives send us their own reports that detail feedback and important issues. Unfortunately, sometimes we can't always respond to an issue immediately, especially if we have incomplete information or need further investigation, but we are always reading and passing feedback along (and, of course, always working to bring the community answers and details when we're able to share them).

Lurchy
05.31.2012 , 12:12 PM | #70
A question I do have is:- Once the population consolidation issue has been resolved and the game has settled down to <insert number here> amount of Servers, will each of those servers finally get its OWN forum so that the players can actually start making a community?
Originally Posted by ErisktheRed
my suggestion, the empire creates the death star early and blows up Illum instead of Alderaan. Problem solved.