Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Community Team General Update: May 31st, 2012

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Community Team General Update: May 31st, 2012
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Keymod
05.31.2012 , 11:29 AM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by BossJawa View Post
too little too late, not much community left to manage tbh

so many things that should have been there and handled better at the start not at the start of the end
The game is only 6 months in and is making a profit so no it's not to late
Buzzbrad - The Shadowlands From The Razor - Mercenary
DDE VIP

JovethGonzalez
05.31.2012 , 11:30 AM | #32 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by Pargon View Post
Oh hi there! Watch your step. The footing in this place can be tricky, it seems.
I know Kung Fu.

Jinxblog
05.31.2012 , 11:35 AM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by Celebrus View Post
It really remains to be seen whether this will have positive impacts if *any* impacts what so ever. We aren't guaranteed the kind of communication that the game really needs simply because they came out and threw a few names at us. While it looks good, and could end up being something that the game can really use, we may want to give it a few weeks before we crown it as the saviour of the game.

I'm expecting to read "coming soon" a lot more often, and thats about it, but we shall see.
So what communication does this game really need? Release dates? If it's not ready to be released, there is no release date. Simple as that. The only answer IS "coming soon". The features are coming, they are. ^_^

There are a lot of people on threads complaining "there is no community", "they don't talk to us", "they don't hear us", on and on. And here they are, telling them more about themselves, putting names (and maybe faces) to many community related aspects of this game, and posting with us, interacting, having fun! I made a thread asking for a forum and blog post just like this one and I am personally ECSTATIC about this.
No flames are necessary, you are already roasting in the fires of your own stupidity.

Costello
05.31.2012 , 11:35 AM | #34
Can you please pass back to the development team the line 'we are not ready to talk about that' does not inspire confidence.

I'll give one example where better communication could have saved a lot of hassel, the look of armour. The community found the ott armour look to be a bit lame, ugly or naff. But because feedback was only sort way too late into the development Stephen had to come on the forums and say we are listening but because its a long process you wont see any changes and the current armour in the pipe line will still look lame, ugly or naff.

If the communication process had been started right from the begining then the art team wouldn't be waisting their time with armour nobody likes the look off.

So where does that leave us going forward. Take Species. We know more will be added in the next 6 months but you aren't ready to talk about them. Don't you think it would be a good idea to both talk about them with the players so the art team can work on species people want. And also have a better time line that in the next 6 months. So far TORs track record has been very bad on time lines if its promised to be out in 2012 its late decemeber. If the aim of a feature is in one month it gets pushed back a couple. If something should have been in at lauch it comes out in patch 1.2

It seems player feedback is left too late and deadlines are never hit. Not great things for inspiring confidence that TOR will become the game players hope it will.

Alaskangeek
05.31.2012 , 11:35 AM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post
We're very aware that this is the top issue facing the community right now and rest assured that the teams are working on launching this when it is ready. It's definitely one of our priorities, but we want to make sure that it is fully functional and ready before it goes live. This is why you're going to be seeing a lot of "soon"s and "we're working on it".

In sum: we are listening and character transfers are our priority.

Ok thanks for responding and listening!

Qishari
05.31.2012 , 11:36 AM | #36
Hi all,

Just a quick request to please keep your comments constructive and on-topic. We would really like to keep this thread from becoming derailed.

Keymod
05.31.2012 , 11:37 AM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post
I know Kung Fu.
Will you mostly be using twitter or the forums for communication
Buzzbrad - The Shadowlands From The Razor - Mercenary
DDE VIP

SoNofHuD
05.31.2012 , 11:38 AM | #38
Thanks for the update. Some of us appreciate any information you guys provide regarding the team behind the game. Regardless of the haters, it is nice to learn about the team and what goes on behind the scenes. Welcome new community team!
== wHo-DAT Kardashian ==
<PACE>

JovethGonzalez
05.31.2012 , 11:39 AM | #39 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Listen folks, If you're going to be incredibly rude and break any of our forum rules, you're going to have a bad time. [insert meme image]

We're going to respond to things that we can actually respond to.

Outside of interviews that have been given, any of our news articles and our weekly Q&As, I honestly do not have any new information as of right now other than what I just posted. When we do have new information we'll share it with you.

NRN_Hawk
05.31.2012 , 11:41 AM | #40
Well, at least this game actually has an active official Community Team - not like the forbidden game.

As for transfers, we won't need them if people would just come online and play the game. -.- That's what I'd call a community.

Terentatek ftw.

Oh and btw., you're kinda hot Allison. Another plus for a Woman playing Juggernaut. ^^

Erm ok, I should go back ingame and stop getting this off-topic.
Hawk's Twitch

Streaming PVP in crossdress mode - you will be hawked \m/

Subbed since wave 2 early access, back when Valor still mattered on Ilum.

~ Pot5 - http://www.helguild.com - HEL ~