Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Community Team General Update: May 31st, 2012

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Community Team General Update: May 31st, 2012
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

JovethGonzalez
05.31.2012 , 11:18 AM | #21 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by Jinxblog View Post
Clearly, you are missing the point. Community managers, as the name implies, manage the community. They are the liaisons between us, the players, and the development team. If we want a speeder bike that hold 8 people (a personal dream of mine), we tell them and they bug the dev for us. If the dev team wants to know what playable species we want the most, they tell the community team and they ask us. They are the bridge between the worlds. I don't expect them to know when new stuff is coming out because that is not the role they play.
I was a little worried that you were going to start calling the community team your own personal speeder bike.

Celebrus
05.31.2012 , 11:18 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Jinxblog View Post
Clearly, you are missing the point. Community managers, as the name implies, manage the community. They are the liaisons between us, the players, and the development team. If we want a speeder bike that hold 8 people (a personal dream of mine), we tell them and they bug the dev for us. If the dev team wants to know what playable species we want the most, they tell the community team and they ask us. They are the bridge between the worlds. I don't expect them to know when new stuff is coming out because that is not the role they play.
It really remains to be seen whether this will have positive impacts if *any* impacts what so ever. We aren't guaranteed the kind of communication that the game really needs simply because they came out and threw a few names at us. While it looks good, and could end up being something that the game can really use, we may want to give it a few weeks before we crown it as the saviour of the game.

I'm expecting to read "coming soon" a lot more often, and thats about it, but we shall see.

Alaskangeek
05.31.2012 , 11:22 AM | #23
Ok, so if this community team is really here to listen and do something for the community...listen up!

We really need transfers!
Put 1.3 on hold and have the whole dev team just work on that.

I plan to be here until the end, but even I'm wondering why I should continue to pay $15/month for a single player RPG?

"It's coming" "We are working hard on it" does not give the community hope...deadlines do.

Of course the response will be "we'll tell you when we can tell you." In the mean time, the un-sub counter keeps rising cause the community has nothing to look forward to, except, "checks in the mail! No really it is!"

Rassuro
05.31.2012 , 11:22 AM | #24
I like the article, this was a good idea.

Quote: Originally Posted by CourtneyWoods View Post
Let's show them how Imperial Intelligence handles things! Pa-Chow!
I could use a break from the tough jobs.
Toor, 50 Operative healer | Odaen, 50 Assassin tank | Tiyr, 50 Vanguard tank | Zerofour, 50 Mercenary DPS | The Red Eclipse

Celebrus
05.31.2012 , 11:23 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Rassuro View Post

I give up, I'll do it.

Jinxblog
05.31.2012 , 11:25 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post
I was a little worried that you were going to start calling the community team your own personal speeder bike.
"Coming in 1.5, we've introduced a new line of speeders!

The Joveth Rocket - This bike comfortably seats two and includes dual speakers to broadcast your favorite tune as you hog the GTN terminal!

The Windspeed Woods - Need to go faster? This speeder increases movement speed by over 9000%!"

Maybe
No flames are necessary, you are already roasting in the fires of your own stupidity.

psi_overtake
05.31.2012 , 11:26 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Rassuro View Post

Agreed, really liking the extra communication
PsiSniper Sniper & PsiOvertake Sorcerer (Updated July 5, 2012)
Ascend / Consumed / Art of War
The Brony Legacy
Quote: Originally Posted by CourtneyWoods View Post
Let's show them how Imperial Intelligence handles things! Pa-Chow!

Pargon
05.31.2012 , 11:26 AM | #28
Oh hi there! Watch your step. The footing in this place can be tricky, it seems.
Chattur'gha, Narokath, Santak, Pargon, Pargon, Pargon, Pargon

curtkram
05.31.2012 , 11:27 AM | #29
Thanks community team. I'd like to know what servers you're playing on, and if applicable which servers you transferred from. Good luck with the support team re-balancing.

JovethGonzalez
05.31.2012 , 11:29 AM | #30 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by Alaskangeek View Post
Ok, so if this community team is really here to listen and do something for the community...listen up!

We really need transfers!
Put 1.3 on hold and have the whole dev team just work on that.

I plan to be here until the end, but even I'm wondering why I should continue to pay $15/month for a single player RPG?

"It's coming" "We are working hard on it" does not give the community hope...deadlines do.

Of course the response will be "we'll tell you when we can tell you." In the mean time, the un-sub counter keeps rising cause the community has nothing to look forward to, except, "checks in the mail! No really it is!"
We're very aware that this is the top issue facing the community right now and rest assured that the teams are working on launching this when it is ready. It's definitely one of our priorities, but we want to make sure that it is fully functional and ready before it goes live. This is why you're going to be seeing a lot of "soon"s and "we're working on it".

In sum: we are listening and character transfers are our priority.