Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Commendation chest after Firebrand + Stormcaller

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Commendation chest after Firebrand + Stormcaller
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Caeduz
05.31.2012 , 03:13 AM | #11
Same here, clear the HM with all the trash and it was still un-lootable....tbh it doesn't surprise me anymore

alifaraaz
05.31.2012 , 03:49 AM | #12
If this is all they broke.it doesn't sound too bad lol!

You're most likely right about whatever used to trigger the beginning of the timer for the chest has messed up. It may very well have started the timer when you open the loot chest next to firebrand.

Everytime anyone experiences this report an actual ticket please. The more the receive the more likely they are to fox it.soon.

Good to know though, I guess well skip this chest tonight
Kazar - Powertech, [Tomb of Freedom Nadd EU]

Keondo
05.31.2012 , 04:20 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by ImmortalAlien View Post
The reward for that chest is decent enough. It's only one or two extra pulls that are of moderate difficulty. For a decent group, this should be only a minute or two diversion.

That said, the chest that used to hold the Firebrand and Stormcaller loot should either be gone or locked. The loot drops from one of the tanks.
Lemme be clear. We cleared all the trash up to the chest
I don't even know why that guy would think we didn't honestly... but seeing as that's somehow in question... (couldn't possible be that the devs would screw up, that's just not possible!!)

Looted Firebrand, headed down the corridors, killed 2 groups, (not the group in the back that's alone cause it's not in the way of anything)... clear that first group of 6 outside, made a right, clear a group where 2 are standing in the bunker and 2 stealthers... clear the group of 8 at the chest... no chest to be had!!!
It was red and stayed red...

In my book, thats what I call broken
:
T H E . C R I M S O N . G U A R D

deltanine
05.31.2012 , 07:22 AM | #14
broke for us too, csr told us we didnt meet the requirements and told us to read the patch notes (as expected a useless response)

oredith
05.31.2012 , 07:25 AM | #15
everyone in denova reported the same issue last night (5/30).

another quality patch, well tested, brought to you by the Bioware internal test team (the non-existent one)

edit to add, in case people think timing was the problem. we took 5 minutes and 12 seconds to get to the chest after killing the tanks. We were partnering up with another guild to kill pilgrim right after, so I was keeping tabs on time.

I don't think 5:12 is too long to get to the chest.. -_-
(╯□)╯┻━┻
flipp'n yo desk, like a bauss
Tankie

Grywon
05.31.2012 , 07:49 AM | #16
There was a bug earlier where loot in chest was not avaliable for looting and with that change they fixed it. Not defending them but explaining a bit since it happened to us. At that point costumer support distributed the items to people who should get them after a very long ticket explaining who was in raid, what exactly happened and when exactly it happened.

Now they should have checked where this trigger was earlier and change it either to tanks dieing or door opening after encounter.
I can only please one person a day. Today is not your day, and tomorrow does not look good either.

oredith
05.31.2012 , 08:28 AM | #17
Bioware needs to fire all their playtest people (if they had any to begin with), and hire new ones.

what was the last patch that fixed something, and did NOT break something else?
(╯□)╯┻━┻
Tankie

RichyYoung
05.31.2012 , 08:54 AM | #18
Its not in the known issue list yet, it would be nice if a dev can get back to us on this one as its not part of the trash mobs that we clear them all... At little awkknodgement of this bug as i too got the generic response from customer service... its clearing the trigger missing from when stormcaller and firebrand die.

If they make it so we all have to clear ALL trash then there would be a riot, clearing trash is already boring as hell, causing each ops and flashpoint to take way longer than it should as it is.

oredith
05.31.2012 , 08:57 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by RichyYoung View Post
If they make it so we all have to clear ALL trash then there would be a riot, clearing trash is already boring as hell, causing each ops and flashpoint to take way longer than it should as it is.
i think you would be mistaken.

there wouldn't be a riot, there would just be silence. Raiding in this game is already pretty marginal. I do it because I like raiding with my friends. we drink, we joke, we laugh at each other's expense. it's not because of the great game design.

one thing we universally hate, is the trench area between tank and minesweeper - if we had to clear every single trash, it could very well be the straw that broke the camel's back. we'd just leave.

i don't think i'd be the only one with that sentiment.
(╯□)╯┻━┻
Tankie

KeyboardNinja
05.31.2012 , 09:15 AM | #20
Same thing for our group and our clear of EC SM. We all filed tickets, and a couple of us were contacted by CSR reps. They were their standard apologetic selves, and mentioned that they are escalating the issue. However, despite repeated insistence on our part, they are not giving us the Black Hole coms or the rare mat. The best I was able to get from one was that we would be contacted after the investigation is finished and the items could be granted at that point. Translation: don't hold your breath.

Oh well. It wouldn't be raiding in TOR if there weren't bugs.
Computer Programmer. Theory Crafter. Dragonslayer on The Ebon Hawk.
Tam (shadow tank) Tov-ren (commando healer) Aveo (combat sentinel) Nimri (df scoundrel)
Averith (hybrid sniper) Alish (lightning sorcerer) Aresham (jugg tank) Effek (ap powertech)