Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Jedi Shadow Handbook v2.0

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Jedi Consular > Shadow
The Jedi Shadow Handbook v2.0

HouseSolo
05.28.2012 , 07:24 PM | #101
Hey, guys. I haven't played in a few months. Is the 31/0/10 build still viable, or has it been nerfed? I'm not up on the metagame at all. Thanks for the help.

Zintair
05.30.2012 , 09:18 AM | #102
Quote: Originally Posted by HouseSolo View Post
Hey, guys. I haven't played in a few months. Is the 31/0/10 build still viable, or has it been nerfed? I'm not up on the metagame at all. Thanks for the help.
Completely viable. At least for PvE. Many have shifted to a more hybridized form of the build for PvP.

I can list some PvP specs if that was the basis for the question otherwise I recommend the build for any PvE content.
Sanctus formerly Serenity (PotF)
A Republic PvE/PvP Guild
Website | Video | Thread

Sharik
05.30.2012 , 12:18 PM | #103
Quote: Originally Posted by Zintair View Post
Completely viable. At least for PvE. Many have shifted to a more hybridized form of the build for PvP.

I can list some PvP specs if that was the basis for the question otherwise I recommend the build for any PvE content.
I too would like to know what a good PvE leveling spec would be. Of course mixed with some PvP for face melting fun.

Also my main is a sage healer and I am currently having him set up to be bio chem, for quick instant pocket heal and power/wil buffs. what do you all recommend for a shadow for crafting?

Thanks!

Zintair
05.30.2012 , 01:08 PM | #104
Quote: Originally Posted by Sharik View Post
I too would like to know what a good PvE leveling spec would be. Of course mixed with some PvP for face melting fun.

Also my main is a sage healer and I am currently having him set up to be bio chem, for quick instant pocket heal and power/wil buffs. what do you all recommend for a shadow for crafting?

Thanks!
I think the best PvE leveling spec was 31/0/10 - My personal preference based on playstyle which eventually allows you to become practically unkillable.

If I could have changed one thing I would have taken +willpower over + endurance gear. So my recommendation is to spec like a tank with tanking talents but to Gear for DPS with as much +Willpower and + Power as you can find. Don't completely neglect your tanking stats (Defense/shield/absorb) just don;t fous as much on Endurance as you would on Willpower when you are making gear choices.

Using Theran and having Tanking cooldowns and skills really makes you formidable and the added DPS reduces the time it takes to kill everything (which was the only downside to leveling as a tank)
A Republic PvE/PvP Guild
Website | Video | Thread

HouseSolo
05.30.2012 , 04:12 PM | #105
Quote: Originally Posted by Zintair View Post

Sorry, I should have been more clear. I did mean for PVP. Thanks, I appreciate the help.

Zintair
06.02.2012 , 09:59 AM | #106
Quote: Originally Posted by HouseSolo View Post
Sorry, I should have been more clear. I did mean for PVP. Thanks, I appreciate the help.
Ok before I post any specs what eactly are you looking for in your PvP playstyle? Will you be looking to be more tanky or more DPS? Will you be gearing for tank or gearing for DPS?

This goes for KC mainly. There are a few different routes you can take depending what you hope to achieve. Regardless it's going to require gear and playing the style to master but it's important to nail down the playstyle so the spec and gear follow accordingly.

EX: Defend Healers and DPS and shut down enemy offensive DPS? Reliable self heals and ok burst.
EX: Burn down opposing healers, excel at burst and mobility and apply offensive CC to take out multiple targets.
A Republic PvE/PvP Guild
Website | Video | Thread

Senatorial
06.07.2012 , 01:13 PM | #107
What exactly has been changed in this guide to reflect 1.2?

ShawnFish
06.10.2012 , 01:15 PM | #108
Just started a Shado and thank you so much for this guide . . . I learned a ton.

One of the more thought out competent reads I've had on this forum - - - - - thanks again
Alkalinex - - 50 Powertech
Rehab'Romance - - 50 Sorc
Rehab-Romance - - 27 Gunslinger
S'olstice - - 28 Operative

stephenalandavie
06.15.2012 , 09:30 PM | #109
Quick question here the guide says use a power generator but shadows dont have this? we get focus and shield?

Zintair
06.16.2012 , 02:00 PM | #110
Quote: Originally Posted by Senatorial View Post
What exactly has been changed in this guide to reflect 1.2?
That's difficult to say because ownership of the guide was transferred to me roughly right after 1.2 went live. Much of the changes are for POST 1.2 however.

Not too much has been done to the Shadow however 1.3 will see another Update to this.

Is there something that's not consistent? It's easy for me to accidentally gloss over something so if you DO find something that's incorrect please post and I will correct. 1 Editor is not enough for all this haha.
A Republic PvE/PvP Guild
Website | Video | Thread