Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Is anyone out there?

Undertakertg's Avatar


Undertakertg
05.29.2012 , 08:35 PM | #1
Well hey guys, I'm really just writing this to ask if anyone really plays this game anymore. Well, on my server at least, I have 193 guild-mates, and I'm lucky to have 10 on at a time, mind you, they're always the same people. I've honestly never seen a single member of the enemy faction, besides this one time when I got ganked outside of a world boss, after fighting my friend in a duel, and battlegrounds. I just find it annoying that there is literally nobody ever online these servers. It's just weird to me, kinda saddening almost. Idk, I feel like this games dying I guess, considering there wasn't single person on Taris when I got there. NOT ONE. I feel like I'm playing a WOW private server. It's just depressing lmao. Also, playing as a sorcerer, I have no burst dps compared to other classes which is completely unfair, so even in the case that I saw somebody of the other faction, Id probably get wrecked anyways, lol.
Na Chiwlllllll

theUndead's Avatar


theUndead
05.29.2012 , 09:27 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Undertakertg View Post
Well hey guys, I'm really just writing this to ask if anyone really plays this game anymore. Well, on my server at least, I have 193 guild-mates, and I'm lucky to have 10 on at a time, mind you, they're always the same people. I've honestly never seen a single member of the enemy faction, besides this one time when I got ganked outside of a world boss, after fighting my friend in a duel, and battlegrounds. I just find it annoying that there is literally nobody ever online these servers. It's just weird to me, kinda saddening almost. Idk, I feel like this games dying I guess, considering there wasn't single person on Taris when I got there. NOT ONE. I feel like I'm playing a WOW private server. It's just depressing lmao. Also, playing as a sorcerer, I have no burst dps compared to other classes which is completely unfair, so even in the case that I saw somebody of the other faction, Id probably get wrecked anyways, lol.
First of all yes MANY people still play this game myself included.

I play on a oceanic server in a 300+ guild and at peak times we have atleast 100 people on at a time.

To your point about your server population, it has been stated numerous times that they are addressing it with server transfers and eventually "super servers" which will consolate the smaller servers and increase population.

Finally I am of the opinion that the game is infact not dieing but rather needs some rather important changes which seem to be on the horizon. Therefore my advice to you is roll another charater on a bigger server for now and wait for transfers so that you can eventually move all your toons. But about your pvp concerns i'm sure you would do better on a higher populated server.

Good luck
The Hellion Legacy (Harbinger)
Referal Link
For free stuff and coins including a one time character transfer.
"The best weapon against an enemy is another enemy." Friedrich Nietzsche

Bewoulff's Avatar


Bewoulff
05.29.2012 , 10:31 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by theUndead View Post
First of all yes MANY people still play this game myself included.

I play on a oceanic server in a 300+ guild and at peak times we have atleast 100 people on at a time.

To your point about your server population, it has been stated numerous times that they are addressing it with server transfers and eventually "super servers" which will consolate the smaller servers and increase population.

Finally I am of the opinion that the game is infact not dieing but rather needs some rather important changes which seem to be on the horizon. Therefore my advice to you is roll another charater on a bigger server for now and wait for transfers so that you can eventually move all your toons. But about your pvp concerns i'm sure you would do better on a higher populated server.

Good luck
QFT. MMOs go through growing pains. In almost every case, I've seen MMOs drop the ball in SOME sort of category. This MMO failed to account for lowered subs after launch. It's inevitable that an MMO will drop subs after a month, two, or even three. Heck, most MMOs slowly lose their subs for a year until they either grow back some or stabilize. This game is no different. It's possible BW had high hopes for the subs and didn't plan on lower pops. But whatever the case may be, fixes are coming. So level some alts, do a lot of crafting, or unsub until those fixes are in place.

People on the boards talk about unsubbing from an MMO like its the end of the world. You can unsub from an MMO to wait out the fixes. Your account and characters will still be here in a year down the road. I have around 3 MMOs I love. When I get bored with one I unsub and resub another. It's not a big deal to unsub while you wait for fixes.

Enkenon's Avatar


Enkenon
05.29.2012 , 10:58 PM | #4
I play on Ludo Kressh.
I hoped in last Friday to check out the game cause I'd been away for a few weeks.
It was around 22:00 there were 19 players in the republic fleet including the 4 players
from my guild.I tried to join a WZ waited for 30 min without a single pop and loged out.
So to answer your question...no .On my server the game is unplayable due to extremely low population.
(ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZB]]]]][[[[[BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ)

Bowmankcmo's Avatar


Bowmankcmo
05.30.2012 , 06:28 AM | #5
Don't feel bad. On my server (Rorokoooroooooo (or however it's spelled haha), I haven't seen 10 PEOPLE on at the same time (not guildmates, just PEOPLE, in general) for a month. I still love the game, and play every day, and the moment I log in, I hit "Queue Solo PvP", then play solo for several hours. In a month, I have yet to play -any- PvP. I have 3 characters at level 50 now and I've only done 1 (that's ONE) flashpoint, with the first character, back when there were people playing on my server. I am looking very, very forward to character transfers, because obviously I want to be able to take advantage of group stuff, and maybe even find a good guild. But I'm also very invested in the characters I've made, so I don't just want to start over on a server that actually has people on it.

For me, SWTOR is an amazing single-player RPG. I've heard it's a MMORPG, but I'll have to find that out some day. =)

Eillack's Avatar


Eillack
05.30.2012 , 06:30 AM | #6
Oh, didn't notice this thread, sorry about that.... I've been too busy playing TOR to go on the forums really.
With unity, comes strength...with strength, comes power...with power...comes obedience.....
CE Owner '09 Account
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post
..I think it's ultimately our fault for not communicating enough.

Helgarm's Avatar


Helgarm
05.30.2012 , 06:39 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Eillack View Post
Oh, didn't notice this thread, sorry about that.... I've been too busy playing TOR to go on the forums really.
Don't worry, you can read the same thing in about 200 other threads across the forum. It'll be hard to miss 'em all.

H.

slaveteri's Avatar


slaveteri
05.30.2012 , 07:24 AM | #8
We have at our peak times generally over 20 players online in my guild. Unfortunately, during down times we're lucky to have 4 people on. It's not 24/7 now like it was right after launch. But our guild focuses on team play, raids, and PvP, so we tend to play when we can find more people online, in general.

We're always recruiting. And there's almost always someone online.
teri | xiombarg
Recruitment Officer
Pak'Cafan - US Juyo

Scorpienne's Avatar


Scorpienne
05.30.2012 , 05:24 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Undertakertg View Post
Well hey guys, I'm really just writing this to ask if anyone really plays this game anymore.
They do, definitely! Here's an analysis of how many people are usually on various servers. You can see where your server stacks up, and maybe make plans for a transfer in the future.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=449144

If you've got a guild of that many people and most of them aren't showing up, maybe your should talk to your GL about trimming out the dead weight. Some people would rather have a full roster. Other people would rather have a roster that accurately represents the actual number of people who are in the guild. Both have their merits.

Paige