Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Ideal companion for Commando healer?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
Ideal companion for Commando healer?

MidichIorian
05.28.2012 , 06:00 PM | #1
First, I have no intentions of using this char in the future. I just want to get through the remaining story content (two planets), max my companion affections and get the legacy bonuses. Hence, there's no need for you to add additional info, I simply want to have my main question answered.

Anyhow, I have this lvl 45 dps-specced commando that's been sitting there for months. I tried it briefly the other day but it felt really awkward compared to the force wielding chars I'm usually playing on. So I was thinking that I could re-spec to healer and have some companion take care of the main dps'ing. Which companion works best with a healer spec'd commando?

Reavana
05.28.2012 , 09:59 PM | #2
Given your stated desire, You can pretty much use any but Elora. Just gear them up, and let them go at it.

Erevan_Kindelar
05.29.2012 , 03:07 AM | #3
Aric Jorgan and M1-4X are both ranged DPS types, so whichever one of them is better-geared.
Tanno Vik is your tank and well-geared he is pretty effective, but he is melee so while the Tank/Healer combo is typically more powerful than DPS/Healer, I would suggest trying with him then trying with Jorgan/M1-4X to see which option works better for you.
No, really! I am telling the truth, honestly! Look I can prove it, I am a politician! I am as honest as the day is long!
Besides, I am a terrible liar, everyone can see when I am lying - my lips are moving... oh damn, err, that last comment was off the record, right?

Eternalnight
05.29.2012 , 03:19 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Erevan_Kindelar View Post
Aric Jorgan and M1-4X are both ranged DPS types.
They are not.

M1-4X is a tank

Ancaglon
05.29.2012 , 04:00 AM | #5
if you're just going to trash the character at 50, don't bother with switching to healer. Healing is no less "awkward" than gunnery DPS and will not require re-gearing.

Erevan_Kindelar
05.29.2012 , 06:31 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Eternalnight View Post
They are not.

M1-4X is a tank
He is?? He is as squishy as a DPS to begin with, and I have always kept him in a DPS stance. Good to know I have another option, thanks
No, really! I am telling the truth, honestly! Look I can prove it, I am a politician! I am as honest as the day is long!
Besides, I am a terrible liar, everyone can see when I am lying - my lips are moving... oh damn, err, that last comment was off the record, right?

MAgson
05.29.2012 , 02:39 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Erevan_Kindelar View Post
He is?? He is as squishy as a DPS to begin with, and I have always kept him in a DPS stance. Good to know I have another option, thanks
Aric Jorgan - Ranged DPS
Elara Dorne - Healer
M1-4X - Ranged Tank
Tanno Vik - Melee Tank
Yuun - Melee DPS

Dafpants
05.29.2012 , 09:24 PM | #8
M1-4X is fairly squishy until geared up. Being a cybertech (or making friends with one) goes a long way.
Even though I levelled as Combat Medic I often have Elara running around with me so I can concentrate on dps and don't have to watch my own health so much. When grouped up I'll concentrate on heals.
Duct tape is like The Force; it has a light said and a dark side and it holds the universe together.
While I always try to provide correct and meaningful information I have been known to make mistakes, from time to time.