Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

FPS Problems

iTryHard
05.25.2012 , 07:08 PM | #1
Hi, I just wanted to know if anyone had any solutions for FPS problems... My specs are-
Core 2 Quad Q8300
GTX 560Ti
4GB DDR2 RAM
I get ~20 fps in WZs on High, on Medium, and on Low. It's seriously hampering my fun, I could own face with my Sentinel... But the lag makes it unplayable as a melee class. Does anyone know of any solutions?
P.S. I am going to spend ~$500 in October on new parts, but don't really have much spare $ so can't really upgrade much... (IDK even how many people will be playing in October =[)
Thanks for those who are courteous enough to reply.

Sekish
05.28.2012 , 08:49 AM | #2
I'm not sure what to advise you - PvP in this game apparently requires minimum 4 Ghz CPU's. I did my research and this doesn't seem to be GPU (videocard) - related issue. Your card should be more than sufficient, and your CPU, while 4-year old, is quite above the minimum requirements (which, by the way, are a joke!).

I was astonished at the FPS drop in warzones. It's practically unplayable, even on 'Very Low' settings.

danpen
05.28.2012 , 08:55 AM | #3
If they are so slow.
I am looking for people who need more help in the forums and i will be there to help you make it better ok.

SuspectDown
05.28.2012 , 12:43 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by iTryHard View Post
Hi, I just wanted to know if anyone had any solutions for FPS problems... My specs are-
Core 2 Quad Q8300
GTX 560Ti
4GB DDR2 RAM
I get ~20 fps in WZs on High, on Medium, and on Low. It's seriously hampering my fun, I could own face with my Sentinel... But the lag makes it unplayable as a melee class. Does anyone know of any solutions?
P.S. I am going to spend ~$500 in October on new parts, but don't really have much spare $ so can't really upgrade much... (IDK even how many people will be playing in October =[)
Your CPU is holding you back.

Depending on where you live, $500 will EASILY get you a third generation quad core Intel Ivy Bridge CPU, motherboard, 8+GB of ram, a high quality power supply, and probably an SSD if you want one, too.

danpen
05.28.2012 , 03:36 PM | #5
What internet are you using as well we need a bit about that so we can help
I am looking for people who need more help in the forums and i will be there to help you make it better ok.

blowmedown
05.28.2012 , 07:18 PM | #6
Core 2 Quad Q8300
GTX 560Ti
4GB DDR2 RAM
What i would try is setting everything to highest settings log out then back in and then set shadows and bloom OFF everything else to low in windowed mode, log out then back in.
Your video card is good enough, the ram is very poor at todays standards. Check your mother board and see if you can upgrade to 1333 MHz DDR 3 your CPU can suport it this might require a BIOS flash for the mother board.(not for your average gamer you need some tec savey)
Make sure your power settings are set to performance, ( start, control panel, system and security, power options. click high performance, ok/apply) ? can your power supply handle that video card.

SuspectDown
05.28.2012 , 08:00 PM | #7
deleted...........................

sumuji
05.28.2012 , 10:45 PM | #8
4gig of ram seems to be an issue in this game. The game starts writing more to the hdd which causes hitching and overall slowness. Not saying it's the cause of your problems but that's just the boat I'm in. Seems to be a crappy engine or coding they're useing.

Owsley
05.29.2012 , 09:43 AM | #9
Here is a thread about using RAM Disk to speed up PvP. If you read it and some of the links, you'll see that the underlying issue has to do with how disk files are managed. It's a huge bottleneck in PvP.
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=394951
"But war, organised war, is not a human instinct. It is a highly planned and co-operative form of theft."
Jacob Bronowski - The Ascent of Man

stephenalandavie
05.29.2012 , 05:12 PM | #10
Core 2 Quad Q8300
GTX 560Ti
4GB DDR2 RAM
Your graphics card is fine I have just bought that 2GB though and i avg at about 112 FPS