Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Best Story lines

GenosArmagus
05.28.2012 , 10:25 AM | #1
Out of all the classes (both Republic and Imperial) which do you think has the best story lines.

chuixupu
05.28.2012 , 12:12 PM | #2
I've done Imperial Agent, Bounty Hunter, Consular to 50, Smuggler to 30.

IA is my favorite so far, hands down.
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant

Tkerzis
05.28.2012 , 12:15 PM | #3
I haven't fully played them all, but most till after Chapter 1. So far I must say that the Agent is my favorite.
From what I hear the Jedi Knight has a really good one after Chapter 1.
Empire: Amnixia 55 Merc - Idolvo 55 Powertech - Tkerzis 52 Operative - Nerevar 50 Sorc - Leprous 26 Juggernaught
Republic: Idolvox 55 Scoundrel - Ídolvo 30 Commando - Idolva 30 Sage

kaczuszka
05.28.2012 , 12:15 PM | #4
sith inquisitor

jedi knight/sith warrior

trooper
peace is a lie there is only passion through passion I gain strength through strength I gain power through power I gain victory through victory my chains are broken the force shall free me

qwinnet
05.29.2012 , 11:45 AM | #5
IA, far and away. I've leveling trooper, jedi knight and jedi counselor to 50 and the others to a variety of lesser levels. Being an IA is like playing James Bond. You are a cold blooded killer one minute and sweet talking conniver the next. All the powers are trying to use you to their benefit. You trust no one. Even some of your companions want to kill you. Your next move is barely known. Your past moves are never forgotten. You are summoned to meetings with superiors to be killed or congratulated. The story rocks.

mamosh
05.29.2012 , 12:37 PM | #6
IA by far but i also enjoyed the smuggler one a lot and liked the bounty hunter consulting with the team much more team bounding in that story
Spoiler

Master_Jeth
05.29.2012 , 02:21 PM | #7
Jedi Knight was generic IMHO. It should have been less about Episode 3, 4, and 6 cliche's and more about a unique perspective of a Jedi Knight in these times.

The Jedi Consular, from what I've played of it, mostly Act 1, it starts off feeling proper and like a Jedi but then it too quickly ends up feeling as boring as Episode 2 was with all the boring "galactic issues" arising, yadda yadda.

The Sith Warrior was just corny, I'm sorry to say but it was. Dark Side options weren't even emotionally engaging, it was just a psychotic, depressing, serial killing spree with SOME meaningful Sith perspective in there... This was the first class I tried in the game and was the most disappointed by at the end of Act 2, early Act 3.

The Sith Inquisitor I haven't tried yet and dont really want to because I dont like what I HAVE SEEN of the story from watching class quests in party. It was interesting but too mystical and not enough Sith personality.

The Trooper was satisfying through Acts 1 and 2 but incredibly anti-climactic for me. It just felt like a waste of effort fo find out the end.

The Bounty Hunter I've played up to the start of Act 2 and again, it was the same with the Jedi Knight. The Bounty Hunter story was like a cliche' story moment after another and I felt like either a punk with a pistol on the dark side or a space cop with the light side choices.

The Imperial Agent I haven't really tried so I wont comment on it beyond the notion I get of it being like M.I. 6 James Bond meets Nazi S.S.

The Smuggler was fun up through Act 1 and though I haven't gotten much farther than that, I can't find too much wrong with it beyond being a very predictable storyline, then again being a Smuggler is predictable by nature I suppose.
"Look before you. Your world is in the shadow of the Imperial Fleet. Your armies are beaten, your leaders are imprisoned and you are an Imperial citizen now. All shall bow to the Sith Empire." - Lord Lonan

Barrgil
05.29.2012 , 02:29 PM | #8
I'll just sum up my experiences here:

Consular - Save/Kill infected Jedi guys, then battle crises throughout galaxy and find Emperor spy guys.
Inquisitor - Ghostbusters
Warrior - Help the Empire,
Spoiler

Bounty Hunter - Take revenge for Mako by winning Great Hunt,
Spoiler

Knight - Do heroic stuff for Jedi,
Spoiler

That's all I've played so far.
Kîra - Deception Assassin
Bargil - Hybrid Sorcerer
DARKHOUND - Hyperspace Cannon | Dara Mactire - The Crucible Pits

ESTistheGAME
05.29.2012 , 02:31 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Hidden_Visage View Post
Jedi Knight was generic IMHO. It should have been less about Episode 3, 4, and 6 cliche's and more about a unique perspective of a Jedi Knight in these times.

The Jedi Consular, from what I've played of it, mostly Act 1, it starts off feeling proper and like a Jedi but then it too quickly ends up feeling as boring as Episode 2 was with all the boring "galactic issues" arising, yadda yadda.

The Sith Warrior was just corny, I'm sorry to say but it was. Dark Side options weren't even emotionally engaging, it was just a psychotic, depressing, serial killing spree with SOME meaningful Sith perspective in there... This was the first class I tried in the game and was the most disappointed by at the end of Act 2, early Act 3.

The Sith Inquisitor I haven't tried yet and dont really want to because I dont like what I HAVE SEEN of the story from watching class quests in party. It was interesting but too mystical and not enough Sith personality.

The Trooper was satisfying through Acts 1 and 2 but incredibly anti-climactic for me. It just felt like a waste of effort fo find out the end.

The Bounty Hunter I've played up to the start of Act 2 and again, it was the same with the Jedi Knight. The Bounty Hunter story was like a cliche' story moment after another and I felt like either a punk with a pistol on the dark side or a space cop with the light side choices.

The Imperial Agent I haven't really tried so I wont comment on it beyond the notion I get of it being like M.I. 6 James Bond meets Nazi S.S.

The Smuggler was fun up through Act 1 and though I haven't gotten much farther than that, I can't find too much wrong with it beyond being a very predictable storyline, then again being a Smuggler is predictable by nature I suppose.
I don't know what Sith Warrior line you played but I loved it because I have a 50 gunslinger, 50 commando, and 50 Maurader, and it seems that the options were very murderous at points but not all of them were some were deceptive, and manipulative. It depended on if you just click spammed the dark side "attack" option or waited and got the dark points later in the conversation. Some of them worked really to my advantage. Also, I liked how the Sith Warrior storyline, and companions tied into other stories.
Spoiler
I'ma I'ma wild boy.

Jenzali
05.29.2012 , 04:48 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Hidden_Visage View Post
It's unfortunate you didn't enjoy the SW story, I enjoyed it very much. If you do ever happen to play through it again, I would suggest not immediately hitting the dark side option whenever it pops up. If you choose some of the neutral or light side options, they often lead in to much more intriguing options, such as "convince them to join your side", "convert the Jedi to the dark side", "imprison and torture them", "choke the person they love, making them desperate to do what you say", "make snarky comment to Darth Baras to make him angrier", "lie to your master so he doesn't know about your plotting against him" etc. and more often than not the neutral or LS options are more tactically sound, better for the Empire and are a lot more like a manipulative Sith. Some of the neutral options even give you opportunity for even more DS points.

If you don't immediately hit the "ROAR KILL NOW" options there are tons of lines that sound very similar to what Darth Vader or Darth Sidious would have said in the movies, etc. Overall, the SW felt the most "Star Wars"-y to me out of all the storylines, and by not killing everyone you can get your own little army of fallen Jedi you converted and a bunch of Sith Lords who obey all your commands.

(I enjoyed the SW story very much as a neutral-ish SW and am planning to do 2 more runthroughs of the SW story after I have finished all 8 class stories just to explore all the branches. I loved it that much. It's also the only story other than IA where your choices actually matter)
Dashto Vant - Arsenal Mercenary - The most dashing bounty hunter in the galaxy.