Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

SWG II in the works? Find out on May 31!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
SWG II in the works? Find out on May 31!

Saseav
05.29.2012 , 04:25 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Erevan_Kindelar View Post
I suspect that the announcement will be something other than a Star Wars MMO, for two reasons - first, SWG was closed down on the day SWTOR went live for the people who bought the game early (15th December), which makes me think that SOE and now EA/Bioware had an exclusive licence for the Star Wars name in MMORPG terms.
Second, there are lots of other Star Wars options or other franchises that Lucasarts could be working on. Diluting the attention that SWTOR gets by announcing another SW MMO would be counter-productive for Lucasarts at this point.

Also, Lucasarts and EA have booths side-by-side at E3, I can just imagine the atmosphere there if Lucasarts were going to announce they were in bed with another publisher producing a direct rival to the title EA/Bioware have been working on for so long and only recently released
could be an internal project.
Quote:
yeah yeah, blame your perverted mind on sas, just get on with explaining! I sense/smell a bad joke coming.
VIP
Lvl 50 TK Sage-Battlemaster of Slam Force

Bluerodian
05.29.2012 , 04:37 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Erevan_Kindelar View Post
I suspect that the announcement will be something other than a Star Wars MMO, for two reasons - first, SWG was closed down on the day SWTOR went live for the people who bought the game early (15th December), which makes me think that SOE and now EA/Bioware had an exclusive licence for the Star Wars name in MMORPG terms.
Second, there are lots of other Star Wars options or other franchises that Lucasarts could be working on. Diluting the attention that SWTOR gets by announcing another SW MMO would be counter-productive for Lucasarts at this point.

Also, Lucasarts and EA have booths side-by-side at E3, I can just imagine the atmosphere there if Lucasarts were going to announce they were in bed with another publisher producing a direct rival to the title EA/Bioware have been working on for so long and only recently released
Given that EA has stated TOR is not one of their top priority games, it wouldn't surprise me if Lucasarts planned something regardless. I'm not saying it is an SWG2, but rather an MMO in the general sense (No way to know until the reveal). Doing so would work out in LA's favor overall any way. They get to profit off of TOR AND their internal project. In the end, money matters. All else is secondary.

If EA tries to bark, remember that Lucasarts also holds all the cards and can, through strong-arming and underhanded tactics, cripple TOR by refusing to approve any further development to the game unless EA backs off.
Sarcasm is just one of my services.

Long time SWG player from Cradle to Grave. First Kettemoor, then Starsider.

Eillack
05.29.2012 , 02:06 PM | #13
Dear OP,

"NEW frachise"

That is all.
With unity, comes strength...with strength, comes power...with power...comes obedience.....
CE Owner '09 Account
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post
..I think it's ultimately our fault for not communicating enough.

Cegenaus
05.29.2012 , 04:17 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Miyuki View Post
the emus are a good idea, but didnt really come together in the end. shame really.
the one i am talking about is still being worked on. they might be on the next build by now actually
Cegenaus/Xyrin/Ixor/Domz
Merc/Sorc/Mara/Jugg

Vortex Reborn/Das Ubel- Terentatek

Jonoku
05.29.2012 , 04:18 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Eillack View Post
Dear OP,

"NEW frachise"

That is all.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Level 55 Juggernaut Tank
Prophecy Of The Five

Darth_Eminok
05.29.2012 , 04:22 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Gratulor View Post
It will be something to do with the TV show and very likely something to do with Darth Maul and Savage Opress. Mark my words.
Nononononononononononono!

No Clone Wars.... PLEASE!
<---LEGION OF SHADOWS--->
"Your future lies with us."
http://legionofshadowsguild.enjin.com/home

Tuscad
05.29.2012 , 04:29 PM | #17
Dear OP,

"NEW frachise"

That is all.
The education system is failing us. People can't read!
Date Joined: March 2009 - Date unsubbed: 9/18/2012
It's been real but the game just wasn't worth the sub for me anymore.
Star Wars: First Assault is an Xbox Live Arcade game: http://kotaku.com/5948064/um-whats-t...ox-live-arcade

Jonoku
05.29.2012 , 04:31 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Tuscad View Post
The education system is failing us. People can't read!
Level 55 Juggernaut Tank
Prophecy Of The Five

Wefi
05.29.2012 , 04:50 PM | #19
Not swg 2
Not Battle Front 3
Ex-SWG clientside Modder. Creator of Super Jedi. Fixing what is broken since 2004.

Rhudian
05.29.2012 , 04:55 PM | #20
Dear OP,

"NEW frachise"

That is all.
As far as I understand things, a franchise is a sliced potato that has been cooked in boiling grease and drowned in ketchup.

So basically all we know about SWG2 so far is that it has a new food recipe involving Corellean tubers. Probably for buffing your action bar? It's anybody's guess, really.