Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

When did Luke Skywalker die?

maxetius
05.28.2012 , 09:34 PM | #41
Quote:
They were great. just because the actors were so-so, doesnt mean the back story of VADER wasnt great.
Let's see how good of an actor you are standing in front of a green screen and told to pretend you were somewhere [not a warehouse] and told to interact with objects you can't see smell and hear only out of a speaker.

Lucas's over reliance on digital rendering was the Prequel's undoing. Let's face it, Star Wars was never going to stand the test of time technologically, but it didn't need to, because sets + models is something that will always be around.

Instead we have digitally rendered 'sets' and action scenes that all look embarassingly dated compared to today's CGI extravaganzas. There's no nostalgia in crappy animation.

I seem to have digressed.

RDeanOU
05.28.2012 , 10:17 PM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by maxetius View Post
Let's see how good of an actor you are standing in front of a green screen and told to pretend you were somewhere [not a warehouse] and told to interact with objects you can't see smell and hear only out of a speaker.

Lucas's over reliance on digital rendering was the Prequel's undoing. Let's face it, Star Wars was never going to stand the test of time technologically, but it didn't need to, because sets + models is something that will always be around.

Instead we have digitally rendered 'sets' and action scenes that all look embarassingly dated compared to today's CGI extravaganzas. There's no nostalgia in crappy animation.

I seem to have digressed.
I think you are placing too much blame for how bad the prequels were on Lucas's use of green screens. Don't undersell the role his piss poor writing and inexplicable plot choices had in the catastrophe that was Episodes I-III.

Seriously.....acting wasn't the problem. Writing and directing was where the prequels drove off the cliff.

Captain_Zone
05.28.2012 , 11:18 PM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
I'll tell you how he dies. Luke tries to touch Kyle Katarn's beard and dies from feeling its awesomeness. Even the great Luke Skywalker is no match for the Power of the Beard.

Kyle would later create the Order of the Beard, where he sits as Grand Master with John Williams as co-Grand Master and Lando as advisor.
Kyle, like Obi-Wan, has the special Heroic Moment: One With The Beard. Luke, not having a beard, is automatically at a disadvantage. Lando's 'stache is nearly as powerful, and has been known to destroy a Death Star.
. OPOD
Shivalka: Darth Baras is quite large, isn't he?
Joran Karn: You, my dear Sith, have just mastered the art of understatement.

Aurbere
05.29.2012 , 09:09 AM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by Captain_Zone View Post
Kyle, like Obi-Wan, has the special Heroic Moment: One With The Beard. Luke, not having a beard, is automatically at a disadvantage. Lando's 'stache is nearly as powerful, and has been known to destroy a Death Star.
I wish one of my characters in game could get one with the Beard. It obviously would make any bearded character OP. But that means that they would nerf beard power so lets keep One With the Beard in the books and movies.
Added Chapter 40 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Akilus
05.29.2012 , 09:29 AM | #45
I don't think it is confirmed.

Captain_Zone
05.29.2012 , 10:07 AM | #46
Quote: Originally Posted by Akilus View Post
I don't think it is confirmed.
In all seriousness, Luke Skywalker isn't going to die until such time as either A. George Lucas relents on his "No Kill" order, or B. George Lucas passes away.

And even if George dies, he may have something in his will that Luke, Leia, and Han STILL have Immortal Plot Armor. There's no way to tell, right now.
. OPOD
Shivalka: Darth Baras is quite large, isn't he?
Joran Karn: You, my dear Sith, have just mastered the art of understatement.

LordDeschain
05.29.2012 , 01:49 PM | #47
There is an author who is good at killing off hero's and main characters of stories and that is STEPHEN KING!!

But he would never touch SW although Dark Tower fans (like myself :P) may remember the many SW references he dropped so he is obviously a fan. Can you imagine a Stephen King SW novel?.....

Wolfninjajedi
05.29.2012 , 01:51 PM | #48
Quote: Originally Posted by LordDeschain View Post
There is an author who is good at killing off hero's and main characters of stories and that is STEPHEN KING!!

But he would never touch SW although Dark Tower fans (like myself :P) may remember the many SW references he dropped so he is obviously a fan. Can you imagine a Stephen King SW novel?.....
In the time it took you to write that, Stephen King wrote 3 novels.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Jonoku
05.29.2012 , 02:02 PM | #49
Luke learns a new force ability, yoda's ghost tells him a secret. He gets to live for another thousand years and be old as yoda or even more then yoda. He just doesn't die.

Wolfninjajedi
05.29.2012 , 02:16 PM | #50
Quote: Originally Posted by Jonoku View Post
Luke learns a new force ability, yoda's ghost tells him a secret. He gets to live for another thousand years and be old as yoda or even more then yoda. He just doesn't die.
Except he has died, it just hasn't gotten to that point. If there was no death, then there wouldn't be on his bio a date to him dying and it would be removed.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.