Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Companion tanks in Hard Mode flashpoints?

DSafana
05.29.2012 , 08:08 AM | #11
Companion Tanks in Hard mode is ,,, well hard. They can't be buffed with adrenals, stims, or relics to reduce damge taken, They have no access to relics for stats or clickables.
They also don't know when to move, so you need to passive them to get them out of FIRE.
Presence does not help their tank ability, it doesn't effect, endurance, shield defense or any tankable stats. It only adds to primary stat so they can do more damage.
It's easier to replace a player DPS with the DPS companions then it is to replace a Player tank with a companion tank. You only need to passive them to get them out of fire.

Shlamorel
05.29.2012 , 08:36 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Cytherion View Post
I have tried hard modes with companion tanks, it is doable but the lack or armor buff on companions make them far inferior to player tanks as it should be, however you can compensate for this by giving them heavy absorption and shield ratings. Absorption prevents them from spiking too much. If you use player heals and a companion healer, the hard modes are pretty much possible.

Kaon HM Companion tank
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJ1YPN3QHt4

Bioware please give us better tank stances for companions. Thanks!
Thanks for this information - it was very helpful
Shlamorel Sta'raeth - Jedi Seer
Dragonbrand
------------
I vow to try and respond in a constructive and positive manner

RachelAnne
05.29.2012 , 11:36 AM | #13
Its more a AI issue.

My companion can tank everything, but does never move out of fire, activate the cooldowns when big hits come etc. Ok we can now argue that a lot of real tanks also dont do these things right but Ill leave that

Still are the dungeons a bit harder than the 4men hc quest´s.

Raeln
05.29.2012 , 12:15 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by RachelAnne View Post
Its more a AI issue.

My companion can tank everything, but does never move out of fire, activate the cooldowns when big hits come etc. Ok we can now argue that a lot of real tanks also dont do these things right but Ill leave that

Still are the dungeons a bit harder than the 4men hc quest´s.
Yes, hardmode flashpoint mobs hit harder than heroic 4 quests. Most heroic 4 quests do not even require a healer with 4-players.