Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Happy Birthday Christopher Lee!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion

Eillack
05.28.2012 , 07:50 AM | #21

He did a great job in Star Wars and I love the classic Dracula movies with him! Oh and Lord of the Rings.
With unity, comes strength...with strength, comes power...with power...comes obedience.....
CE Owner '09 Account
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post
..I think it's ultimately our fault for not communicating enough.

FASARouge
05.28.2012 , 11:41 AM | #22
It wouldn't be the same without him!
"Don't start trashing my brother, you cantina rat.
Take that back or I'll smack you so hard your head-tails will pop off!
"

- Mission Vao -

Cortusjace
05.28.2012 , 01:34 PM | #23
A legend of an actor if any indeed is mr Lee.
I am curious though, you think he accepted the role as Dooku in memory and/or honour of Cushing?
Lee and Cushing did after all developed a good, close friendship over the years they acted against each other in the Dracula classics, with Lee as The Count and Cushing as Van Helsing, as well as many other films and he took Cushing's death rather hard.

A villain on screen, an honorable man in life is indeed Cristopher Lee.

Aurbere
05.28.2012 , 07:37 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Cortusjace View Post
A legend of an actor if any indeed is mr Lee.
I am curious though, you think he accepted the role as Dooku in memory and/or honour of Cushing?
Lee and Cushing did after all developed a good, close friendship over the years they acted against each other in the Dracula classics, with Lee as The Count and Cushing as Van Helsing, as well as many other films and he took Cushing's death rather hard.

A villain on screen, an honorable man in life is indeed Cristopher Lee.
I believe he did accept the role of Dooku in honor of Cushing. They were very good friends and they each had a great amount of respect for eachother. Cushing and Lee are some of the greatest actors ever.
Added Chapter 49 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

GusVIII
05.28.2012 , 09:18 PM | #25
And let's not forget his not-so-famous role as an international super-spy during WWII. No joke:

http://www.cracked.com/article_18905...-******es.html

If anything this list proves that Star Wars is full of real-life bad@sses.

Dude may have very well been one of the inspirations for James Bond. Ironic since he would later play the role of famous Bond villain, the Man With the Third Nip... I mean Golden Gun. I'm also now of the realization that he could have totally killed Roger Moore, Yoda, Gandalf, or anyone else for that matter, if he had really wanted to.

Happy Birthday Sir Christopher Lee!
<█[][][][][][o]={]▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓)

spectreclees
05.28.2012 , 09:20 PM | #26
Bless him for being alive and kicking at 90 and still filming movies! Happy Birthday Dooku!

MishraArtificer
05.29.2012 , 02:13 AM | #27
I believe he also performed (and posed for the cover) on a European heavy metal album...
Quote: Originally Posted by CosmicKat View Post
Twiki (with or without Dr. Theopolis), Muffet, and Wesley Crusher could form a boy band and do a Buck Rogers/BSG/Trek crossover tour, then crash on a remote asteroid, meet up with Doctoor Zee, and save themselves by making a spaceship out of random Cylon debris... and it would still be much less stupid than Jar Jar.
Behold...my referral link!

Emeda
05.29.2012 , 07:43 AM | #28
What does this have to do with SWTOR?

Probable should move this to the off topic forums IMO.
If this game is so great then why do so many people that love the game spend all their time in the forums?

Helgarm
05.29.2012 , 08:32 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Emeda View Post

Possibly.

But back on topic:

Happy (belated) Birthday, Sir Christopher Lee.

Here's to many more.

H.

Captain_Zone
05.29.2012 , 09:00 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Emeda View Post

This is actually the OFF TOPIC forums about Star Wars itself, not the game. Christopher Lee was one of the few good points about the Prequels. The Man gave the Sith some much needed Class where there really wasn't much before. Hope he lives another 90 years!
. OPOD
Shivalka: Darth Baras is quite large, isn't he?
Joran Karn: You, my dear Sith, have just mastered the art of understatement.