Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

RIFT vs SWTOR Raiding, not PvP

Ganrax
05.26.2012 , 03:47 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Molik View Post
Screenshot or It didnt happen. I call bS on this. Maybe 40 min in Rakata gear , but if you were still gearing up in KP/EV HM's i doubt that you cleared it within the 40 min window.

"They are not hard in the slightest, as long as you have the correct gear required" right there i call bs, cause you just contradicted your own statement "We were clearing EV and KP in under 40 minutes each in Hard Mode while we were still gearing up in it"

Yea BS!!!
You can call BS all you want, we were clearing it in 40ish min with the raid in a mix of Columi/Tionese/Rakata gear(Tionese because Columi commendations didn't drop like candy back then, and "Destined Loot" was still on normal mode so a lot of Columi went to waste on people that didn't need it, hell I even had my Rakata mainhand before I even had a single piece of Columi on my Commando). We were all optimizing our specs/rotations to the best of our knowledge(without a combat log at the time) but we were in no way even close to over gearing the raids. I honestly don't care what some random on the forums thinks the right time to clear the raid is, any competent group can clear HM EV and KP with no wipes in 40 minutes easy. The boss fights ARE NOT HARD, if you have the minimal amount of gear required and are not a complete moron that stands in the big red circles on the ground or infront of the boss(if you're not the tank) then you should have absolutely no trouble whatsoever clearing these raids at a very fast pace. The only fight I can think of that had any type of engaging mechanics aside from "avoid AOE" and "beat the enrage" is Soa, the rest of the boss mechanics are just a bunch of underdeveloped unimaginative boring garbage.
-Keep in mind I am talking about EV and KP, not EC, I actually enjoy EC's bosses and I think it is a good sign of things to come for SWTOR.

Also I don't think you know what "contradict" means or you are just grasping at straws trying to justify your view. When I said "Correct Gear required" I wasn't referring to Rakata at all aside from the Rakata we were getting from killing the bosses which why we were farming it in the first place(hence the "While we were still gearing up in them", gearing up implies that you are STILL trying to get gear from inside the raid). The required gear to successfully run EV and KP HM I would say is a mix of Columi and Tionese at least unless you are being carried by over geared players.

Now if I were to have said ""They are not hard in the slightest, as long as you have full remodded Rakata completely over gearing what the raid was intended for" then yes I would have been contradicting myself, but unfortunately I did not say that.

I'm wondering, what exactly do you think makes the raids so difficult that it would take more than 40 minutes to clear them on Hard Mode? There isn't an insane amount of trash(hell in EV you only ever have to kill 1 group of trash before the first boss and 1 long hallway after and the rest you can either toss off the edge of the place or completely skip the majority of) and the boss fights aren't exactly show stoppers of difficulty, the bugs that used to exist in these raids were even harder to overcome than the intended boss mechanics so they are even easier now. What exactly holds you up to the point where you can't fathom people clearing this place that quickly without over gearing it, Rakata isn't even that much better than Columi anyway, you even have to remod it to make it better than Columi so it's not like you get some kind of insane performance increase from having Rakata gear over Columi that allows you to shave off 20-30 minutes from a raid.

Ganrax
05.26.2012 , 03:58 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Molik View Post
Rift sucked, all it was was WOW with a new skin, but hey if you like it you like. I for one do not.

I have raided EQ2, WOW, Rift, and SWTOR as the raid breakdown goes its

EQ2>WOW>SWTOR>RIft

Sorry but rift is such a semi par product that not only did most of its player base leave due to it being a wow clone, they left teh game cause it just plain was just balls.

And you all must be on the wrong server, and as for 40 mins to clear SWTOR raids i mean i could say a hr or so but not 40 mins, i mean you could get lucky and do that once, but not all the time

Sorry SWTOR>RIFT!!
I find it kind of funny that you bring up Rift being a reskinned WoW(which it is), and neglect to mention that SWTOR is as well and many people share that same opinion just as they do with Rift, the major difference is that SWTOR has a very popular IP and lots of lore behind it while Rift's is some original stuff they created. It's one of the first things I noticed when I played through my first character in beta, this is really just a reskinned WoW clone like Rift was. Not saying I didn't enjoy it at the time but to call one out and not the other is a joke. Underneath all the over used drawn out voice overs and emphasis on the leveling process it is just another standard Themepark MMO.

Personally I'm tired of them all, the 1 night full clears of raid content and then a week of waiting around for the lockout to reset just isn't fun to me like it used to be. I just don't have fun with what this part of the genre has been reduced to, I love progression and raiding but I need more to do than just that to keep my interest enough to continue a subscription.

Lovia
05.26.2012 , 03:59 PM | #23
Well most likely they will have to cater to people that arent going to move out of aoe, will do nowhere near the dps they should and will not use interupts or whatever else their class role requires of them. And for the ppl that care for their game they will give some titles and access to some gear a few weeks earlier.

I doupt they will nerf content unless in cases like Soa although i doupt they will add so much RNG in future fights, Instead they will make better gear more readily avaible, like black hole relics and rakata chest from Lost island, so 2-4 ppl can hard-carry the content.

Denova though was better designed than EV/KP and is a step in good direction and we still havent seen nightmare.

sadly i cant comment on rift as i havent played it.

Mookind
05.26.2012 , 04:00 PM | #24
I call ********

Soley because no one capable of running HM EV/KP in 40 min would waste their time doing it.

Nuf said

And yes, all pve is easy

We clear 8 man HM EC in a couple hours. Can't imagine why anyone would waste their time in EV at all. KP NMM is the only thing we run.

KingofFlares
05.27.2012 , 12:00 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Ganrax View Post
We were clearing EV and KP in under 40 minutes each in Hard Mode while we were still gearing up in it, whenever we go back to get people's alts gear it is even faster. The only thing that ever kept people held up back then was the fight stopping bugs, especially in EV. They are not hard in the slightest, as long as you have the correct gear required and half a brain you can breeze through them. I'm not saying Rift's entry level raids were any different, they were easy too, but at least they had fun and interesting mechanics instead of a simple "don't stand in aoe" and "kill the boss before 5 minutes is up".
It is literally impossible to do it under 40min maybe a hour, but each boss fight takes around 4-5min, with 5 bosses making it roughly 25min for the bosses alone, not including soa takes 8-9min instead of 4-5 and loot discussion, trash clear,and generally walking to the next boss. say the time for the bosses is 30min a perfect run. then u have 20min of adds or more. sorry to say ur calculating wrong

Mynden
05.27.2012 , 11:32 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by KingofFlares View Post
It is literally impossible to do it under 40min maybe a hour, but each boss fight takes around 4-5min, with 5 bosses making it roughly 25min for the bosses alone, not including soa takes 8-9min instead of 4-5 and loot discussion, trash clear,and generally walking to the next boss. say the time for the bosses is 30min a perfect run. then u have 20min of adds or more. sorry to say ur calculating wrong
It probably is if you go fast and aoe all the trash. My guild does it in under an hour and we're not even trying to go fast
Use the link for free stuff (including a server transfer)
http://www.swtor.com/r/DMvJV3

Valan
05.29.2012 , 01:10 AM | #27
I don't understand these kinds of threads. If Rift's raiding is better, go play that until the ones here improve to your liking? Is this like a Public Service Announcement to people who haven't tried Rift before?

In any case, SWTOR's raids have been getting better with each new release. Give it time.
Tactician, Operative of Rapture
a 16 player Operations guild on The Shadowlands