Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

IA Storyline, "Dark Meeting" with Lord Jadus

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore > Spoilers
IA Storyline, "Dark Meeting" with Lord Jadus

Ranadiel_Marius
05.27.2012 , 04:58 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Path-x View Post
Okay I decided to work for him so he obviously let me go. But you guys are saying that if you don't, he kills you. How does that work??? Are you getting cloned or what?

Also I have heard that you can arrest him.
There is no death, there is the respawn.
A Primer on the Emperor(yes this does have spoiler)

One Night Stands and Similar Encounter (spoilers again, and I am probably going to repost this sometime in the future)

Path-x
05.27.2012 , 05:50 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Ranadiel_Marius View Post
Actually I was asking how does it work from storyline perspective?
Jedi: You won the day, Sith. So, kill me if you must.
Warrior: I must.

Mutive
05.27.2012 , 06:13 AM | #13
This always slightly worries me. I'm like, "If I can respawn, can others?"

Who knows? There may be legions of people I thought were dead just waiting at some spawn point, ready to take me out. Chilling!

Mutive
05.27.2012 , 06:14 AM | #14
I don't think that it's a decision that the game remembers.
Spoiler

The biggest difference to me is "head canon" such as it is. I think that after being electrocuted to death by a Sith Lord, most of us are going to be a bit more wary of them. But you could totally get your character electrocuted and still be all "I <3 the Sith!" just for the heck of it. The game doesn't stop you.

Ranadiel_Marius
05.27.2012 , 06:17 AM | #15
You die, respawn, go back to Jadus, and then redo the conversation as though the previous instance of the conversation never happened.

One Night Stands and Similar Encounter (spoilers again, and I am probably going to repost this sometime in the future)

Path-x
05.27.2012 , 12:19 PM | #16
You die, respawn, go back to Jadus, and then redo the conversation as though the previous instance of the conversation never happened.
Oh I see... so it is basically just an in-game mechanism that forces you to obey. It is not really a story point.
Jedi: You won the day, Sith. So, kill me if you must.
Warrior: I must.

frobalt
05.28.2012 , 06:39 AM | #17
Oh I see... so it is basically just an in-game mechanism that forces you to obey. It is not really a story point.
Actually, storyline wise Darth Jadus only knocks you out (the last thing he says is along the lines of 'when you wake up' it's just that the mechanic of what happens is similar to what happens when you get 'killed' by a mob.

Also, the conversation doesn't start again, or, certainly didn't for me. The story just continued from there.

Ranadiel_Marius
05.28.2012 , 06:58 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by frobalt View Post
Actually, storyline wise Darth Jadus only knocks you out (the last thing he says is along the lines of 'when you wake up' it's just that the mechanic of what happens is similar to what happens when you get 'killed' by a mob.

Also, the conversation doesn't start again, or, certainly didn't for me. The story just continued from there.
Oh then I was misinformed. That's what I get for answering on a storyline I have yet to play yet.

ZirusZero
05.28.2012 , 05:15 PM | #19
This just recently happened to me. When I saw myself lying in front of him, I called BS.
Quote: Originally Posted by CommunityDroidEN View Post
After our Shenanigans radar sounded off, we quickly hurried to this thread to see what was going on. Upon inspection of the reported Shenanigans, we have removed a few posts to prevent further Shenanigans from taking place.