Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

2 Man Hard Mode Flashpoint Guide

PorsaLindahl
05.26.2012 , 04:50 AM | #11
Just did a Kaon run Imperial side. Don't know if we just had bad luck, but only 1 purple item dropped for us, and it came from the final boss loot chest. There were a ton of greens and blues, though.
There is no ignorance; there is knowledge. There is no fear; there is power. I am the heart of the Force. I am the revealing fire of light. I am the mystery of darkness. In balance with chaos and harmony. Immortal in the Force.

Cytherion
05.26.2012 , 02:24 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by PorsaLindahl View Post
Just did a Kaon run Imperial side. Don't know if we just had bad luck, but only 1 purple item dropped for us, and it came from the final boss loot chest. There were a ton of greens and blues, though.
if its on normal mode, the bonus droid boss drops 51 grade boots and final boss drops 51grade legs. If the item itself is not an upgrade, you can always take the mods and enhancements out of it and give to companions

Cytherion
05.27.2012 , 11:17 PM | #13
I had some folks ask me if a 2 man hard mode is still possible if neither party can tank. For the healer - dps combo, the solution can be to use a Companion Tank.

It was hard but over all it wasn't too bad. Bottom line is.. that its doable folks ! That too without full Rakata or Campaign gear. Its quite a bit of multi-tasking but if youre up for the challenge it can be fun.
Our companion tank was geared in a couple of Tionese grade pieces and I was healing on my combat medic alt in regular daily commendation gear (Explains the gimp healing) and exotech gear from Kaon nm. But with my Elara Dorne out and Sage DPS, we managed to complete both instances.

1 x Companion Tank (geared in atleast a few 51 grade pieces)
1 x Player Healer
1 x Companion Healer or DPS
1 x Player DPS

Companion Tanks Hard Mode Kaon Under siege
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJ1YPN3QHt4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNiGELLbxPk

Taral V
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONocdQYlrqc

Long live swtor companions! rawr!
/cheer

Lance_Dunsten
05.28.2012 , 02:59 AM | #14
Thank you for the great guide. Let this be a place to provide gear progression for 2 man without the need to find larger parties. With the current server population, this might be a perfect solution to many, also for well geared players, this will provide entertainment.

Cytherion
05.28.2012 , 03:08 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Lance_Dunsten View Post
Thank you for the great guide. Let this be a place to provide gear progression for 2 man without the need to find larger parties. With the current server population, this might be a perfect solution to many, also for well geared players, this will provide entertainment.
Absolutely! The idea to start using companions in hard modes occurred to me due to my low population server but then it became a lot of fun and a decent source of gear and crafting mats.( Biometrics and such)

I am beginning to think BW designed the flashpoints keeping this mind. Even with group finder on the horizon, I think two man co-op trend will begin to grow.
Would definitely like to see co-ops like these tied into some sort of a Mentor program at some point in time.

GrndAdmrlThrawn
05.28.2012 , 10:32 AM | #16
Awesome guide. A friend of mine and I decided to try tackling HMs 2-man recently and it has been a ton of fun. We did HM Kaon blind with only a few wipes. We saw this guide and wanted a challenge, so we tried the only one you don't have a guide for yet: Lost Island. We beat it in Story Mode. We are going to attempt it in Hard Mode soon and put together a guide or some tips if we get down some bosses.

Cytherion
05.28.2012 , 01:13 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by GrndAdmrlThrawn View Post
Awesome guide. A friend of mine and I decided to try tackling HMs 2-man recently and it has been a ton of fun. We did HM Kaon blind with only a few wipes. We saw this guide and wanted a challenge, so we tried the only one you don't have a guide for yet: Lost Island. We beat it in Story Mode. We are going to attempt it in Hard Mode soon and put together a guide or some tips if we get down some bosses.
Nice! and good luck with Lost Island. We have been trying it as well, got close on the droid but not enough just yet.
You will also need to respec a few times during lost island for different bosses (a bit inefficient for my taste but anything for fun)

The droid boss is possible using a brute force method with 2 x campaign geared dps running with 2 x black hole geared heal companions or equivalent gear . Unlike the usual strategy with players where the dps groups up in one corner and moves from corner to corner, it is better to position your companions in 2 different corners so chances for you to move is 1/3 and you will only need to move 1 companion nevertheless. Pray that the fight is over before heroic moment ends.

With unity ,heroic moment and adrenals burning you may get him down after first bubble. The ending isnt going to be pretty but youll get it. Interrupt incinerate asap or fight will be over very fast.

The jumping beast is a pain with companions, even if you figure out the positioning for smash, the next challenge is because companions cant click the pillars. So you have to really time the pillars with 2 people. Remember to turn your companions passive when he goes on a pillars or companions will bug out. This fight is possible in theory with an endurance stacked dps and a player healer.

RubberTree
05.31.2012 , 12:52 PM | #18
Maybe introduction of some hard mode "Mentor" flashpoints that you can run with a mentor and get some benefits along the way like the legacy system, would make the entire game be played all over again. It would be a good idea to give extra Legacy points for running lower level flash points. The social points dont add up enough for the time you spend helping lower level guildies with their flashpoints.

Nolenthar
06.07.2012 , 07:42 AM | #19
We have started to do that ourselves with a Sage. Sage Healer + Sentinel DPS, companions DPS. Works wonder but the instances order is definitely not the same, Kaon first boss is a pain for instance and definitely instance can't be tagged as easy, whereas FE HM is way easier.

I still think a combination of tank + DPS might be a better one on the long run as the instances where bosses hit very hard will be pretty much out of reach but it's nonetheless very fun and I wouldn't change my partner for anything . DPS is however quite good and enrage timer not a big deal.

Thanks a lot for this guide, looking forward to do more.
Kao'celaar Ildorii, Juyo Master, Mystical Awakening

emidas
06.09.2012 , 03:04 AM | #20
I have started progress on these as a Scoundrel Scrapper DPS, with a Jedi Shadow Tank partner. Our first run was Maelstrom Prison, as boots are the only piece of mine that aren't Columi+. It took us 3-4 attempts on the first boss due to me not originally putting out enough damage during the Optics. Once I adjusted my gameplan during those phases, we got him down a little bit into his enrage (good LOS'ing by the tank as well helped greatly). The rest of the bosses were really easy and all 1-shot. Looking forward to trying some more of these!