Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Does anyone besides me think that Starwars is on the decline?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Does anyone besides me think that Starwars is on the decline?

bmhale
05.27.2012 , 07:56 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by LordDeschain View Post
As soon as people stop having babies than SW will be dead, if not it will live forever in American mythos, just like many ancient stories get told over and over, this will last forever.

Every new generation will want to enjoy SW, i was born in 84 and fell in love with the OT which was before my time, and personally really enjoyed the PT ( im not one of those to cool for school haters). So i wouls assume it dying is not something that will ever happen.
Will it possibly not be quite as popular maybe, but i mean cmon think about it, SW is everywhere, goto disney you got a damn ride, watch tv there are cartoons, besides the movies there are over 100 novles and well over 100 games.

to say its going to die is just either wishful thinking on your part or just plain dumb, 100 years from now ppl will still watch SW, unless of course we blow ourselves to hell in back with the direction our planet is taking
I'd have to agree. SW has become deeply entrenched in our world's collective memories. While interest in it ebbs and flows, I wouldn't say it's in any danger of being dried up anytime soon considering the popularity of SW novels, SW games, the current cartoon show, and the upcoming live action show.

In reference to the last line, I'd bet if anybody survives, there will be people re-enacting the movie like is seen in the movie Reign of Fire.
The Caesari Legacy on The Shadowlands
Treanidus (Level 53) Dr-Crash (Level 52)
Ceshavia (Level 50) Koshak (Level 54)
Telarnus (Level 35) Vindinar (Level 55)

ISDEnterprise
05.27.2012 , 08:53 AM | #22
I guess.

The Star Wars original trilogy are my favorite movies.

I haven't really liked any Star Wars nearly as much since then. The Prequels range from bad (Episode I) to just a decent flick (Episode III). None are legendary. The Clone Wars TV show is clearly made for children and really lacks an level of depth or quality. EU mostly doesn't interest me because half of it is just bad and much of the rest is ridiculous.

As for people saying franchises this big are basically immortal, you're wrong. Though obviously Star Wars won't die any time soon I wouldn't call any franchise immortal. There have been previous hugely popular franchises throughout history that were ridiculously successful and if you mentioned them today most people wouldn't know anything about them.

jarjarloves
05.27.2012 , 10:03 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by bmhale View Post
I'd have to agree. SW has become deeply entrenched in our world's collective memories. While interest in it ebbs and flows, I wouldn't say it's in any danger of being dried up anytime soon considering the popularity of SW novels, SW games, the current cartoon show, and the upcoming live action show.

In reference to the last line, I'd bet if anybody survives, there will be people re-enacting the movie like is seen in the movie Reign of Fire.
pretty much this. It's a major part of our popular culture i've been a part of several papers on the issue and I can tell you it's not going anywhere anytime soon.

BanwellFalconer
05.28.2012 , 09:18 AM | #24
I think the EU does tackle new concepts. Particularly the whole Abeloth story arc.