Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

STS World PVP - Hoth - Accounts threatened by GM

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
STS World PVP - Hoth - Accounts threatened by GM
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

laiboch
05.26.2012 , 08:56 AM | #221
O.k. this is to all of the people that keep saying "If you were impeding their fun"

If you are on a PVP server you are there for PVP. PVP by nature has no set schedule or approved hours. PVP can happen at any time anywhere and is to be expected. If you are one of those players that "Just wants to quest" there are any number of PVE servers you can play on and only PVP when you chose via the "Queue for PVP" option.

World PVP is always way more fun than arena style PVP because of the unpredictable nature of open world its self. No Huttball no bases to cap just you and them lighting each other up. Real PVP players only PVE so they can get better gear and abilities to PVP with.

On a PVP server it is assumed that you can and will be attacked anywhere at any time and that is part of the fun. If you feel that PVP should only happen when its ok with everyone then as I stated above please go to a PVE server where you always have the choice of when and where you will be involved in PVP or if you even have to.

As to that GM.. Honestly I feel that After Bioware has just posted that they feel that PVP is very important that they have really humped the bunk. Nothing gets a PVP community more bent than being told they cannot PVP on a PVP server. If Bioware wants a few area's to be off limits then all they have to do is put in Cannon's of doom like in that failure they call Ilum.

HeavensAgent
05.26.2012 , 08:59 AM | #222
For what it's worth, I intend to continue to participate in such raids. My server has a large-scale world RP-PvP event planned next month, and we are expecting upwards of 200+ people participating in base raids on two planets. If the GMs decide to ban me for such actions, I simply will not return when the ban has expired; In this case the status of my account is literally in their hands.

StarDaimyo
05.26.2012 , 09:12 AM | #223
Not sure if this has been asked already ...

Do you have more screenshots?

Is there a reason there is a glitch in the background image? (The same building twice - looks like the same image is copied into the screenshot 2 times - I doubt that is a normal background in the game?)

Just asking for clarification ...
------------------------------
Best Regards
Daim
Jedi Shadow, The Red Eclipse

JMESUN
05.26.2012 , 09:27 AM | #224
is that a legit GM? i thought they would have some type of signia to show GM etc.. i guess if they have numbers in there name??
░█╣╣╣█[]█╠╠█On that one shot, one kill, bringer of FATE!

kiroshei
05.26.2012 , 09:31 AM | #225
Quote: Originally Posted by StarDaimyo View Post
Not sure if this has been asked already ...

Do you have more screenshots?

Is there a reason there is a glitch in the background image? (The same building twice - looks like the same image is copied into the screenshot 2 times - I doubt that is a normal background in the game?)

Just asking for clarification ...
Its because i had to scroll up in chat and cut out the conversation in between the ops "*** is going on" chat. That is the exact chat in /say though. You just dont get to see our ops chat, whispers and notifications.

JovethGonzalez
05.26.2012 , 09:31 AM | #226 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Our internal fraud team has confirmed that this is fake and we are closing this thread. Kiroshei has been actioned against accordingly. As per our forum rules, fake reports of this kind will not be tolerated.

JovethGonzalez
05.26.2012 , 01:15 PM | #227 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
It appears that other players claiming to be from the same guild were posting and reporting similar screenshots. We have since thoroughly investigated every player from the screenshots and have found nothing in the logs that supports their claims. As a reminder, CS agents will never contact you through general chat, unless it is during a Free Weekend Pass Trial and they are assisting new players on starter planets. Thank you for your time.

JovethGonzalez
05.26.2012 , 05:58 PM | #228 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hi everyone, I just wanted to start off by apologizing to the people that brought this issue to our attention. Our investigation teams looked very carefully through logs to see if any of the reported chat had occurred but for reasons that are currently unknown, it did not appear in the initial investigation. After verification from the teams, I came on here with the information that I had at the time. However, since then, a separate internal investigation has found evidence that this did, in fact, occur and the CS agent involved will be dealt with accordingly.

Again, I apologize to anyone affected. To those players impacted by this issue, you will be receiving personal calls from our Customer Service team shortly to review the situation and receive a personal apology.

Please enjoy the rest of your weekend.