Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Catalyst quest on Taris?(possible spoilers?)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore > Spoilers
Catalyst quest on Taris?(possible spoilers?)

Urzas
03.21.2012 , 01:07 AM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by Niytshade View Post
I had an issue with the quest earlier myself, I was with my husband and he got infected after the first one attacked us. I attacked another 3 (yes I went after the big red ones) and got nothing so I just reset my quest and got it on my second one.
Same here, killed dozens with no infection. Reset the quest and got it on first hit.

bnop
03.25.2012 , 03:19 AM | #42
Infected by Rakghoul Mauler (Chemworks Factory). Was doing "Burnoff" quest and found this Rakghoul in the easternmost room. He infected me on the first hit. I hope that it works for you as well.

Wintesta
03.29.2012 , 05:22 PM | #43
Yea just so you know waiting for the full hour and a half is a waste of time. it just restarts so I don't see much of a point for the timer...

Mindsplitter
05.26.2012 , 10:57 AM | #44
If you fast travel, log off, or leave the planet, the quest timer will start when you return, but you WILL NEVER GET INFECTED. Just abandon the quest, pick it back up and get in a fight with a strong / elite ghoul. It will update instantly. Good luck.

Sorry for the necro.

Thalassicus
05.31.2012 , 02:27 PM | #45
Bug still happens, but the advice above helped work around it.

thatghost
06.04.2012 , 09:08 AM | #46
Quote: Originally Posted by Mindsplitter View Post
If you fast travel, log off, or leave the planet, the quest timer will start when you return, but you WILL NEVER GET INFECTED. Just abandon the quest, pick it back up and get in a fight with a strong / elite ghoul. It will update instantly. Good luck.

Sorry for the necro.
No, necro good in this case

After being infected about two dozen times with no quest update this had me so frustrated that I logged off and haven't played my GS in a week. I'll have to try this later today (I did in fact abandon the quest before the rage quit).

BakaOkamii
11.18.2012 , 06:38 PM | #47
Thank you, kindly. This forum helped. To confirm the resolution given, I was having the exact same problem, abandoned the quest then re-accepted it, problem solved.
Quote:
"They say there's no such place... as Paradise. Even if you search to the ends of the Earth, there's nothing there. No matter how far you walk, it's always the same road. It just goes on and on. But, in spite of that... Why am I so driven to find it? A voice calls to me... It says, "Search for Paradise."- Wolf's Rain

JasonSabella
12.23.2012 , 06:14 AM | #48
I fought Rackghouls for about an hour (including the big red-colored silver elites) and could NOT get infecfted. Then I read this thread and Reset the mission. After resetting, I fought three small normal groups, and still no luck. But then I fought a big red-colored silver elite next and FINALLY got infected. He was located at... X:-667, Y:-323, Z:-126. So I do think hitting Reset on the mission is the key. And you still may not get bitten right way. I'm not sure if finding the big red-colored silver elite was necessary to be bitten or if it was just coincidence. Maybe normal onces can bite you too....but I'm not sure based on my experience.

NamBoon
01.23.2013 , 12:10 AM | #49
There is a bug but it only occurs when you have the mission active, then leave Taris. If you have done so, reset the mission. I kept encountering the bug and would get infected x5 and nothing would happen. As soon as I hit reset and attacked a normal rakgoul, I was infected and the mission updated.

Laoghaire
01.27.2013 , 09:29 AM | #50
I didn't leave Taris. I logged out. Next day, get infected lots of time, quest doesn't proceed. I was surprised to see the bug has been around this long, since it was acknowledged.