Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Official Q&A Thread for June 1st, 2012 Q&A Blog Post

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Official Q&A Thread for June 1st, 2012 Q&A Blog Post
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

CourtneyWoods
05.25.2012 , 03:12 PM | #1 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hello and welcome to the official Q&A thread for questions to be answered for the June 1st, 2012 Q&A blog post.

As a reminder, we’ll be starting up a weekly Q&A blog series in which we will select ten questions from the community and post answers to them every Friday. We’ll have the next set of answers next week on June 1st, 2012, but before that, we need your questions!

Please use this thread to ask your question (one per community member, so make it count!). On Monday at 2PM CDT (8PM BST/9PM CEST/5AM AEST), we will close this thread, select ten questions, and get answers to them for Friday’s blog post. Please note that this is a day earlier than our standard Tuesday deadline.

In order to increase the chances of having your specific question answered and to help us keep the thread manageable, here are some guidelines on asking questions:
  1. Keep your question relatively short. Background details are welcome, but don’t go overboard.
  2. Please actually ask a question. We want to hear constructive feedback elsewhere in the Forums.
  3. Use common sense – we cannot answer everything, especially on far-reaching content.
  4. This should go without saying, but be respectful.
  5. Limit yourself to one question in this thread, please. You can always ask another question next week!
  6. And finally, as a reminder, this is not a discussion thread. Do not comment about what somebody else has posted.

As development plans are always subject to change, questions about future features will often get vague answers which can be repetitive and sometimes annoying. With that in mind, the development team is more interested in questions about current in-game features or systems, or questions about why development decisions were made. You’re still welcome to ask questions about future features and we’ll continue to answer them where appropriate – just expect the occasional ‘soon.’

Any other posts apart from questions in the thread will be removed.

With that being said, please ask away!
Courtney Woods | Lead Community Coordinator
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

LKaras
05.25.2012 , 04:12 PM | #2
What will you be doing to keep guilds and server communities together once server transfer is implemented? This is very important to me.
-Karas Parsa - Sage
-Gray Council
-Keller's Void Refugee on Jedi Covenant

JeramieCrowe
05.25.2012 , 04:21 PM | #3
Can you please give us any information on the design intent, goals, expectations, or ideas you are currently working on with your open-world PvP revamp?
Allix Crowe - Vanguard Trooper -/- Ethavan Crowe - Smuggler Gunslinger -/- Malrath Crowe - Powertech Bounty Hunter -/- Boslo - Jedi Knight Sentinel -/- Jiao-gen Pall - Jedi Knight Guardian -/- Landen Tanarr - Jedi Consular Sage -/- Vaelyth Kinti-kaar- Sith Warrior Juggernaut -/- Oteln'erose'thu - Imperial Agent Sniper -/- Zandur Tuum - Cathar Knight

Tatuaje
05.25.2012 , 04:24 PM | #4
PVP keeps me playing MMOs. What will BW do to their PVP in Patch 1.3? Cross-server pvp would bring back a lot of people on my server.
DANTE - Starsider
Kellers Void - Jedi Covenant

murshawursha
05.25.2012 , 04:26 PM | #5
What was the logic behind choosing which crew skills get to craft augment kits? In 1.2 and before, if a player wanted, for example, an augmented lightsaber, s/he HAD to buy it from an Artifice. Post-1.3, if a player wants an augmented lightsaber, s/he chooses a lightsaber s/he already owns (probably acquired through raiding or questing), and... buys an augment kit from an Armstech, Armormech, or Synthweaver, effectively cutting the Artificer completely out of the market for augmented lightsabers. Why was it done this way, rather than simply allowing Artificers to make augment kits that could only be applied to lightsabers/relics, Synthweavers to make augment kits that can only be used on force armor, Cybertech on earpieces, etc?

Icetorn
05.25.2012 , 04:27 PM | #6
Will character transfer be paid or free? Will one be able to transfer characters from a PVP server to an RP server or from PVE server to a PVP server?

Noremacv
05.25.2012 , 04:28 PM | #7
Are there plans to allow for players to select animations for abilities (perhaps through Legacy unlocks)? For example, being able to take my Marauder and use the Jedi Sentinel's animation for Master Strike, rather than that of the Marauder's Ravage. Even something non-combat related, such as tying a social emote to the recovery ability. I know some guild members of mine have mentioned a dislike for some of the recovery animations and would prefer one closer to that of their respective class trainers.
55 Sith Juggernaut 55 Sith Marauder
55 Sith Assassin 55 Sith Sorcerer
55 Powertech

Thoffs
05.25.2012 , 04:30 PM | #8
Are the sound issues caused by 1.2 going to be fixed in 1.3?

(Background: In operations, after you have been playing for 'awhile', you begin losing sounds until you lose nearly all audio -- 'awhile' depends on the player but is typically 1-2 hours. Quitting the client and re-entering fixes the problem. There is a large thread on this in the CSR forum).

Alxandria
05.25.2012 , 04:31 PM | #9
Are there plans for a revamp to the crafting UI for more ease of access to the vast database of schematics some of us have?

JimG
05.25.2012 , 04:33 PM | #10
For the new augment slots for 1.3, will the tier of augment slot raise the level required to equip the gear? For example, if I have a level 11 piece of orange gear and add the highest tier augment slot to it, can I still equip it at level 11 assuming I don't put an augment in it that exceeds my level?