Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Weekly Forum Thread Round-Up: May 25th, 2012

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
The Weekly Forum Thread Round-Up: May 25th, 2012
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

CourtneyWoods
05.25.2012 , 10:06 AM | #1 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hey everyone,

Discuss this week's Forum Thread Round-Up blog and nominate interesting discussions for next week in this thread!

As the blog mentions, the Discussion Round-Up blog is meant to highlight interesting, productive discussions and not the most talked about forum threads.
Courtney Woods | Lead Community Coordinator
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

BigSkill
05.25.2012 , 10:39 AM | #2
I wish to see a Objective with reward open world PvP, with obj in every planet, so you dont have only one Ilum lag fest.
The Objective can have some NPC defending it so you dont have only to fight with other faction but with NPC too.
There should be a reason for doing this that can be a crafting bonus, medals bonus, and maybe special item bonus.
You can add PvE content to but at least give us a real world PvP, we cant farm wz or ranked wz all the time, players have to have the possibility to choose and have fun doing what they want.
AXIS of Blood

Karabal
05.25.2012 , 10:50 AM | #3
Much much better topics chosen this week. Less fluff more meat to chew, I like it. This weeks topics include DE's interview with PC Gamer, Very interesting indeed. Especially this.

Quote:
PCG: Is the group finder available for Hard Mode Operations, or just Story Mode?

DE: Just Story. Pick-up groups for Hard Mode would be more frustration than anything else.

PCG: Will they be cross-server at launch? Is that planned for the future?

DE: They will not be cross-server as we are coming up on a huge move to servers with massively higher population caps than we have today.
I would have missed that. Suddenly I'm feeling a little more inclined to re-subscribe. Reading between the lines does the above comment suggest server merges before 1.3?

TUXs
05.25.2012 , 10:52 AM | #4
Of all the threads last week, those are the ones you noticed? No wonder...
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force

My referral code: here (what you get here)

JediElf
05.25.2012 , 11:08 AM | #5
Great article!

I'm so happy that this is going to be come a regular thing!

Thanks guys, it was a great read.

Beware the Jawa Sith!
SGRA FAQ! Check it out!

Gordoma
05.25.2012 , 11:22 AM | #6
I love the idea of super servers! However. I feel like that would make for some extreme lag on fleet..

Discussion question: If we have mega servers would it be beneficial to have a chat channel linked to several different areas. For example: Coruscant senate tower area, Nar Shaddaa central zone and Fleet.?

My thoughts: this would decrease fleet lag at fleet in high pop servers, while still letting people communicate. Additionally. I'm visually exhausted by always being on fleet when trying to form a operation group.
May the Force be with you

Deewe
05.25.2012 , 11:24 AM | #7
5 answers only, geez the forums are even more dead and deserted than I thought.

Approbate
05.25.2012 , 12:10 PM | #8
I would like to see the banning of using mounts in the fleet. It looks like a pile up of wrecked vehicles. It also make it difficult to get to the switch to access the auction house.
You are you. I am not you. I am me.

psi_overtake
05.25.2012 , 12:20 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Approbate View Post
I would like to see the banning of using mounts in the fleet. It looks like a pile up of wrecked vehicles. It also make it difficult to get to the switch to access the auction house.
Not unless they increased the speed of Sprint to 110%
PsiSniper Sniper & PsiOvertake Sorcerer (Updated July 5, 2012)
Ascend / Consumed / Art of War
The Brony Legacy
Quote: Originally Posted by CourtneyWoods View Post
Let's show them how Imperial Intelligence handles things! Pa-Chow!

Galbatorrix
05.25.2012 , 12:21 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by psi_overtake View Post
Not unless they increased the speed of Sprint to 110%

All they'd have to do is make some areas, such as around GTN's, mail boxes, NPCs, etc work as if they were in dorr areas. That way, you could zoom around on you speeder, but you couldn't block a mailbox or trainer.