Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Rating

Jaren_Kincaid
05.24.2012 , 11:04 PM | #1
When I check the stats for all my gear, they all have a "rating". What does this mean? The reason I ask is that I recently acquired a loot dropped by a baddie, and although the rating is lower than my current robe, the Armour itself is higher. Can anyone explain this, please?

meaty_crabs
05.25.2012 , 12:09 AM | #2
As far as I am aware the rating is a general indication of the armor that a piece of gear will provide. Ratings for gear go up as the level requirement for gear goes up, though a piece of lvl 33 gear for instance that is purple will have a higher rating than one that is green.

That is my understanding of it at least, hope this helps

LarryRow
05.25.2012 , 06:43 AM | #3
The "rating" is the level of the armoring (or hilt or barrel in the case of weapons). This applies to that particular mod slot on orange items, but also applies to greens/blues/purples.

This "level" has nothing to do with your own level. For example, the first gear you get at level 50 has a rating of 126. It's on a larger scale to provide smaller increments as you advance your character.

Another tip: don't just look at the rating when equipping. A rating 40 white belt is not as good as a rating 36 with +stats.

epicfear
05.25.2012 , 07:12 AM | #4
rating gives you a general idea of the quality of the item, but it should still be looked at after the stat bonuses given.
it is, however, commonly a good indicator of the likely difficulty in obtaining it.

bright_ephemera
05.25.2012 , 09:45 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Jaren_Kincaid View Post
When I check the stats for all my gear, they all have a "rating". What does this mean? The reason I ask is that I recently acquired a loot dropped by a baddie, and although the rating is lower than my current robe, the Armour itself is higher. Can anyone explain this, please?
Rating does indicate the armor value of armor and the damage value of weapons, as others have said.

However, armor rating has different results according to armor class. Heavy gear with rating X will give more actual armor than Light gear of rating X. The rating gives us a consistent level scale - rating 42 is better than rating 40 for everybody - but the armor class governs the specific armor value.
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 70+ authors to date. 1900+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!
Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.