Save pvp and subs .. Roll back 1.2

brianmack

Game started dropping subs and population crashed after 1.2. No secret that pvp was better back then, so admit fault and recover your player base.

People are bored man. you can't rollback experience in playing.

After doing a "daily" for the 30th time, running a WZ for the 1000th time, finishing your 5th level 50, etc things just get old.

Game started dropping subs and population crashed after 1.2. No secret that pvp was better back then, so admit fault and recover your player base.

You are wrong, pvp is much better now.

And they keep losing subs not because of what they did, but because of what they didn't. ---> they didn't deliver on ranked WZ.

I agree with the posters here mentioning that the LACK of content is the issue, not the changes made. I know that rated warzones was probably the biggest aspect for PvPers to look forward to in 1.2, and the loss of it disappointed many people. We just need some new content, and I believe subs will start rising again.

And they keep losing subs not because of what they did, but because of what they didn't. ---> they didn't deliver on ranked WZ.

Yah its much better for those who like unbalanced classes ( see his main is OP, lol classic). Of course you like it, you dont need to work anymore. Ranked wouldnt have saved anything, the balance is off.

Yah its much better for those who like unbalanced classes ( see his main is OP, lol classic). Of course you like it, you dont need to work anymore. Ranked wouldnt have saved anything, the balance is off.

Its not to unbalanced it maybe a bit but i have rolled every class on both sides now and tbh its more balanced then it used to be.

PVP was not better, it was considerably worse...it sounds like you just want your "I Win" button back.

Yes, concealment operatives are overpowered. They are the reason ppl keep unsubing, teams of operatives are running rampart stunlocking ppl making them unsub, i tells ya. :rolleyes:

*note* i spend around 90% of my game time on my operative.

Um, pvp subs started dropping after 1.2 because they hyped up rated warzones, then pulled them several hours before patch. PVP was no better or worse pre-patch, just a differently wrapped turd always broken in some fashion like the rest of this game, since launch.

Do you guys seriously think it's MORE balanced now? That's crazy. My tank(in full BM gear) get's murdered in the length of one stun by ranged classes, the TTK is WAY too short for any type of strategy or player skill to be a factor, whoever brings the most ranged DPS wins, Mara's seem to be the only melee class that's still viable :( and only because they are broken and OP as ****. players need to be able to survive at least ONE stun so they can use their breakfree on the second and have a few precious seconds of CC immunity and pray to god some healer somehow kept them up just enough that they can maybe DPS something a little bit.

Stunned, killed, respawn and run back, Stunned, killed, respawn and run back, Stunned, killed, respawn and run back, Stunned, killed, respawn and run back, Stunned, killed, respawn and run back, Stunned, killed, respawn and run back, Stunned, killed, respawn and run back, Stunned, killed, respawn and run back, Stunned, killed, respawn and run back, Stunned, killed, respawn and run back, Stunned, killed, respawn and run back, Stunned, killed, respawn and run back, Stunned, killed, respawn and run back, Stunned, killed, respawn and run back, Stunned, killed, respawn and run back, Stunned, killed, respawn and run back, Stunned, killed, respawn and run back, Stunned, killed, respawn and run back,

*********** boring isn't it :mad:

And don't think I'm just some formerly OP whiner who wants his I-WIN button back, I have literally one of every class type at my disposal(except grav/tracer spamming noobcannon, I refuse to play that no talent garbage) and I don't enjoy pvp on any of them anymore. :mad:

Edited by Warsire

Do you guys seriously think it's MORE balanced now? That's crazy. My tank(in full BM gear) get's murdered in the length of one stun by ranged classes, the TTK is WAY too short for any type of strategy or player skill to be a factor, whoever brings the most ranged DPS wins, Mara's seem to be the only melee class that's still viable :( and only because they are broken and OP as ****. players need to be able to survive at least ONE stun so they can use their breakfree on the second and have a few precious seconds of CC immunity and pray to god some healer somehow kept them up just enough that they can maybe DPS something a little bit.

Stunned, killed, respawn and run back, Stunned, killed, respawn and run back, Stunned, killed, respawn and run back, Stunned, killed, respawn and run back, Stunned, killed, respawn and run back, Stunned, killed, respawn and run back, Stunned, killed, respawn and run back, Stunned, killed, respawn and run back, Stunned, killed, respawn and run back, Stunned, killed, respawn and run back, Stunned, killed, respawn and run back, Stunned, killed, respawn and run back, Stunned, killed, respawn and run back, Stunned, killed, respawn and run back, Stunned, killed, respawn and run back, Stunned, killed, respawn and run back, Stunned, killed, respawn and run back, Stunned, killed, respawn and run back,

*********** boring isn't it :mad:

And don't think I'm just some formerly OP whiner who wants his I-WIN button back, I have literally one of every class type at my disposal(except grav/tracer spamming noobcannon, I refuse to play that no talent garbage) and I don't enjoy pvp on any of them anymore. :mad:

Have you put the suggestion in?

That's what you get for running into 5 enemies.

L2P

What am I supposed to do on my melee characters? Run away? just let them have the node? /dance and hope the pugs take it for me?

Oh if only we were all born with uber leet skillz, praise be to the chosen one, please allow us to bask in your wisdom. :cool:

I have one conqueror and two BM's earned the hard way, in WZ's, not base humping pubs in Illum. I'm no super PVP dynamo but I get along just fine, and yes I stand by my statement, the TTK(Time to kill) is too short. Especially If you're guarding a healer, any half assed team will focus you instantly, maybe you're tank hasn't discovered the "guard" function, or maybe you only roll with you're sooper awesome pre-made, rolling pugs like a "baus" I'm sure. Try queue'ing solo sometimes there chief, let me know how that works for you, wait, let me guess, it works GREAT because this is the internet and NO ONE LIES ON THE INTERNET....

Player skill is barely even a factor when damage rolls in this quick.

What am I supposed to do on my melee characters? Run away? just let them have the node? /dance and hope the pugs take it for me?

What are you supposed to do then as a tank? Be able to kill five players? Too many people in this game, lets be honest though actually and say ANY game, expect their character to do rediculous things. Its FIVE PEOPLE... how are you shocked you die quickly? Well.. unless your a marauder. But thats a whole different can of worms.

Small class balance changes is not the problem people unsub, they just got bored with game in general. People need ranked warzones to have a motivation for pvp. Wow is a good example how arena ratings and ranked bg can keep players playing.

What are you supposed to do then as a tank? Be able to kill five players? Too many people in this game, lets be honest though actually and say ANY game, expect their character to do rediculous things. Its FIVE PEOPLE... how are you shocked you die quickly? Well.. unless your a marauder. But thats a whole different can of worms.

I never said I wanted to attack a nod with five people and win, I was answering hyperbole with more hyperbole, although prior to 1.2 there were many times I would attack a stacked node, by abusing LOS and using cooldowns a tank or healer could keep half the enemy team busy for 20-30 seconds while they launch an attack elsewhere, when you came out of respawn you had to make a judgment call, "where will I be the most usefull?" guarding the healer? attacking the node? feinting an attack? Stealth-capping? Now none of those even feel viable, now if you want to survive you better get in the middle of the biggest pile of allies possible and hope you're not the one that sticks out, I miss the feeling of strategy, of having to think about what to do next, my ego is not so pathetic that getting in my geared pre-made and rofl stomping pugs all day is fun for me, the expertise changes made the geared players even more overpowering to the newbies and DPS classes twice as much so. I want matches where player skill matters, where strategy matters, matches that are won or lost based on whoever got the most expertise out of the group-builder are just more lame RNG. Heh, that's a good way to look at this whole game, "lame RNG for everyone!" :cool: All of my friends have canceled, out of 8 people who joined up together I am the last one left subbing, too much RNG, unbalanced PVP, broken developer promises, terrible customer service. low server populations, hell, I'm only still here because it's free for me, the game and the sub were a gift, if it was my own money I'd be long gone too I'm sure.

You are wrong nearly every time you post. My entire guild quit after 1.2 due to what it did to the pvp in this game. Not having ranked was not good, but pvp being completely ruined is why 50+ of my guild mates left.

Nothing but hard core pvpers in my guild, ex-eve, ex-daoc, ex 2400+ wow. The idea that we would rather not pvp than play star wars is something I'm still trying to get my head around.

The idea of ranking pvp in this game is comical.

You seriously whining of dying to fast...... as a tank. When i play one of my tank chars, im the last man standing in every fight.

L2P

You are the epitome of forum warrior. All you do is run your mouth. Do you have a single pvp video show casing your superior talent? My guess is changing your text color is the extent of your "accomplishments".

My answer to this would be hell no lets not go backward but forward take what learn have you. Better make it you must.

So in other word with out yoda puns is lets go forward not backward and make pvp better for all

Edited by Neoforcer

My Juggernaught is far more survivable now thn he was pre-1.2. I got my battlemaster gear after 1.2, and even pre gear i melted much less post 1.2 do to the new clickies and the rework of the tree.

People are bored man. you can't rollback experience in playing.

After doing a "daily" for the 30th time, running a WZ for the 1000th time, finishing your 5th level 50, etc things just get old.

Pretty much this. The current WZs are played out and tired. I'm finishing my third alt and I honestly don't think I can do it again a fourth time. I rerolled so Legacy is garbage to me. There is nothing in 1.3 for PvP. We need another 3-4 WZs with a wider variety of team makeups, 12v12, 16v16 and a death match.

Anyway, D3 is more fun at this point except there is no PvP. Really looking forward to GW2.

This looks like the work of a team of stunlocking Operatives going around killing people and making them unsub. Hopefully, you stick around in the face of such naked and unstoppable aggression...

You seriously whining of dying to fast...... as a tank. When i play one of my tank chars, im the last man standing in every fight.

L2P

Players like you are the reason why PvP is in the state that it is, fine until you get rickrolled by OP classes like yours. And yes, if played correctly an Op is still potent.