Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

I feel like I should be getting better fps ... help

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service (Read-Only)
I feel like I should be getting better fps ... help

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

SNUSman
05.24.2012 , 08:33 AM | #11
Asked on Alienware forum but no reply, any idea how I do it so it shows up in the DxDiag?

Y-Yorle
05.24.2012 , 08:42 AM | #12
I assume you've tried adding the swtor.exe in you nvidia controlpanel to make it run with the proper videocard?

It's been a while since I've had the pleasure of using an Alienware laptop, but I can remember being able to make profiles for specific games in the Nvidia control panel and specifically telling your rig to use the proper videocard.
The Guiran Legacy
Providence | Conflict | Proselytism
Catch me @ http://www.twitch.tv/elendus
Heliste | Pyron | K'rdas | Elendus | Judia | Pretho | Nirav

Cerimon
05.24.2012 , 08:46 AM | #13 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings SNUSman,

In the Nvidia control panel, go to Manage 3D settings, Program Settings tab, Add, select swtor.exe from the following location: C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars - The Old Republic\swtor\retailclient and then set your preferences and click apply at the bottom right. Run the game and let us know if your performance has improved or not.

Thank you for playing Star Wars: The Old Republic

Cerimon | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

Djaaf
05.24.2012 , 08:47 AM | #14
Primary video/graphic device is set directly in the BIOS. Not sure which key to hit at startup (depends on the manufacturer of your motherboard. F1, F2, F12 or Del are good candidates). In your BIOS you should have a "Video" category somewhere and that's where you set the defaul primary video adpater.