Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Character transfer - why no information?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service (Read-Only)
Character transfer - why no information?

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

-Backdraft-
05.24.2012 , 03:32 AM | #1
Hello!

I really want a answer from you customer service.... First i'm going to explain the situation...

If you buy a new car, and one day after that the car is broken which means you can't drive it. You'll go back to the place where you bought the car. Then they're saying "The engine was broke but we're fixing the wheels" Well you can't still drive the darn car. How would you feel and react? This is exactly the same rubbish that's going on right now....Your working on 1.3 LFG system and other things... Well we can't play the game atm and the only respond we keep get is "We are working on this" or "early summer"... Imagine the car seller's saying "We are changing the weels but we will fix the engine near the summer".

I've been on my server now for about 3 hours and do you know how many people there are? When I logged in: 5 people, now 14.... I'm so tierd of hearing "early summer" or "please keep check the forums".... Last weekend friday-sunday there was NONE pvp que, no groups.... And you are working on a LFG system meanwhile we players can't do anything in the game, and we still pay for it.... I got billed a week before the "freeplaytime" , I want a refund because that's nonsense.... I don't wanna pay for nothing; I don't care if I have to pay for the game but then I want to be able to do something in the game aswell.....

I already know the anser on this post; " Plaese read the forums, server transfer is coming in early summer".... Do'h you've been saying that a really long time now and we need something to happen.... this server population didn't reach to this low over one night.... been like this for very long now and you guys should have focused on it way earlier... I really enjoy the game and think its great but it's not fun logging into a empty server....

-Backdraft-
05.24.2012 , 03:34 AM | #2
And as the topic says;

My question is:

Why aren't we getting any kind of information? is it 1 month til we get it? A week or two?

Just give us something to go on.... something that get's the hope up because right now it's just going down down and dooown everything....

Ogada
05.24.2012 , 03:41 AM | #3 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hi -Backdraft-,

I will give you an answer as you have asked for one, but unfortunately it isn't the one you want.

The answer is currently there is no information to give you. As soon as we have it, you will have it. It is not Customer Service who decide how/when you get transfers; it is the Development Team.

Sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused.
Ogada | BioWare Customer Service Forum Support

-Backdraft-
05.24.2012 , 04:06 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Ogada View Post
Hi -Backdraft-,

I will give you an answer as you have asked for one, but unfortunately it isn't the one you want.

The answer is currently there is no information to give you. As soon as we have it, you will have it. It is not Customer Service who decide how/when you get transfers; it is the Development Team.

Thanks for respond anyway.... Just hope it will come soon because im running out of patience.

Bob_Ta-aar
05.24.2012 , 05:33 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Ogada View Post
Hi -Backdraft-,

You know, although it's nice of you that you at least replied, this kind of answers are excactly the kind that makes people quit this game. Sure it's up to the Development Team and not to the Customer Service. But the Developement Team has mouths and hands too, right? So why the heck can't they just tell us, what they're working on and why it's not done yet and if it's so difficult, why they're not hiring additional workforces?
Patience, my young apprentice! The Force WILL be with you ... eventually !

Ogada
05.24.2012 , 05:42 AM | #6 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hi Bob_Ta-aar,

The original poster asked for a response from Customer Service, which is why I replied.

The Development Team do give information to the community in the Dev Tracker here when it is available.

Apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused you.
Ogada | BioWare Customer Service Forum Support

danskyboy
05.24.2012 , 06:30 AM | #7
I dont care who gives out the information, but throw us a bone already. Just give us something anything????? Please?..

Leggomy
05.24.2012 , 06:33 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by danskyboy View Post
I dont care who gives out the information, but throw us a bone already. Just give us something anything????? Please?..
They said early summer what more do you want? They do not have a definite date to give you. I'm not too happy about it either but berating the CSR wont make them move any faster.

Styxx
05.24.2012 , 06:38 AM | #9
Ogada is actually right. If you are going to throw a hissy fit.. at least throw it at the right person/s. Still wrong, but whatever helps you sleep at night.

Darth_Taral
05.24.2012 , 08:51 AM | #10
And to be fair to both the Customer Service people and the Developers:

The OP said that the game cannot be played at the moment, comparing it to a broken engine.

I don't see that. The game plays perfectly well at the moment. It could be improved, but I would not call the issue of low server populations as making the game wholly unplayable, as the OP implied.

If it was truly a gamebreaking problem, then yes, expect it to be solved immediately and transparently. But this is a problem that, while people are calling for a fix, does not actually prevent gameplay, and thus can be relegated to a future update and now an immediate patch.