Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Server Transfers Guilds?... Account?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service (Read-Only)
Server Transfers Guilds?... Account?

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Diceb
05.24.2012 , 02:55 AM | #1
I get that server transfers are coming, I personally disagree and believe mergers need to happen first but lets set that aside.

Will I be able to transfer my account(*) or just a select number of toons for free?

Will our guild be able to transfer together as a guild? If so how many members have to agree to qualify to move?

Any chance of adding nicknames as a middle name to maintain character names on transfers?

Don't really care about people having to rename legacy names, all those that took knockoffs of Antilies and such did not plan well enough in my opinion.

* Account as used represents all characters on a selected server that the account holder wishes to transfer from.

Ogada
05.24.2012 , 02:58 AM | #2 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hi Diceb,

Unfortunately there is no information currently released on anything that you have inquired about. All I can do is ask you to check the website regularly as when information is released it will be visible here.

Thank you for your time.
Ogada | BioWare Customer Service Forum Support

Diceb
05.24.2012 , 03:15 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Ogada View Post
Hi Diceb,

Unfortunately there is no information currently released on anything that you have inquired about. All I can do is ask you to check the website regularly as when information is released it will be visible here.

Thank you for your time.
Yeah thats 'Kinda' the reason for the post.

Ogada
05.24.2012 , 03:20 AM | #4 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hi again Diceb,

I understand that, but as there is no information, anything I say to you would be completely made up. This would serve no purpose only to make you feel as though you had an answer and make me a liar, so I won't do that.

Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause you.

Bob_Ta-aar
05.24.2012 , 05:37 AM | #5
Is there ANY reason, why the people WORKING ond the update can't tell us, HOW they're working on it? 'Cause as long as all the information we get is "there is no information atm", it totally sounds like "we are actually not working on it at all"! Please, just get the Development Team to say something, 'cause if they don't, more people keep on quitting. Not because it's a bad game (it's actually great!), but because we get the feeling that noone cares about us!
Patience, my young apprentice! The Force WILL be with you ... eventually !

Ogada
05.24.2012 , 05:47 AM | #6 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hi Bob_Ta-aar,

I have addressed your similar post here if you want to keep everything in one place for ease of replying/adding anything you may want to ask.

Thank you.

Averran
05.24.2012 , 09:23 AM | #7
Hello everyone!

Take a look at what Dallas Dickinson had to say about transfers in a recent Q&A.

Quote:
Dallas Dickinson (Senior Producer, Live Services): We will be rolling out our Character Transfer Service in early summer. First we’ll have some targeted free transfers from/to specific servers, but that will be followed with a broader system where you can either take advantage of free promotional transfers to specific servers or paid transfers to the server of your choice. We know everyone has more questions about character transfer, and we’ll reveal more details closer to the launch date.
As our Customer Service team has provided all of the information that is available at this time, we will be closing this thread. Feel free to join in on one of the other ongoing conversations about server transfers, however!

FREE Character Transfers are Coming!
Most servers are dead - we need transfers now, not in early summer