Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Trash vs Voltaic Slash

Makhbet's Avatar


Makhbet
12.17.2011 , 03:34 PM | #1
Hello.

I'm not 50 yet, just nearing 30, and I have to say looking at Voltaic Slash it looks like it's better to use than Trash. Same cost, more dmg plus buff to Shock and has the same chance to proc Induction. So, is it worthwhile to use both, or just remove Trash from UI when you get Voltaic?
Legions of Lettow EU
Banehallow Legacy

Macgyver

Shinzou's Avatar


Shinzou
12.17.2011 , 03:48 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Makhbet View Post
Hello.

I'm not 50 yet, just nearing 30, and I have to say looking at Voltaic Slash it looks like it's better to use than Trash. Same cost, more dmg plus buff to Shock and has the same chance to proc Induction. So, is it worthwhile to use both, or just remove Trash from UI when you get Voltaic?
It is meant to be a replacement to Thrash.


A Jedi gains power through understanding and a Sith gains understanding through power.
-PALPATINE

Niaana's Avatar


Niaana
12.17.2011 , 04:54 PM | #3
think of it as claws vs maul in wow for kat druids

maul just replaced claws when you hit level 40

soo thrash is just being replaced just the same
CE holder Veteran of squad 367

If Life Turns Its Back On You .... Touch Its Bumb

maxser's Avatar


maxser
12.17.2011 , 05:58 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Niaana View Post
think of it as claws vs maul in wow for kat druids
i take it you meant mangle right?

Nithryok's Avatar


Nithryok
12.17.2011 , 11:55 PM | #5
but... normal attacks deal more dmg than thrash does... even with the talent from the left tree.

Kneemo's Avatar


Kneemo
12.18.2011 , 02:37 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Nithryok View Post
but... normal attacks deal more dmg than thrash does... even with the talent from the left tree.
how so?

normal attack says it "attacks three times" but only hits once. thrash is essentially supposed to count for 2 normal attacks in that case. this coming at the cost of Force.

Kagu-tsu-chi's Avatar


Kagu-tsu-chi
12.18.2011 , 05:39 AM | #7
Saber Strike deals x damage spread over 3 strikes, for a total of x/3 per strike.
Trash strikes twice, dealing y damage, for a total of 2y damage, y damage per strike.
Trash is better than Saber Strike.
"Back in my day, we had to wear those orange pants with purple boots!"