Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Sound Bug

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

AnnexTrunks
05.23.2012 , 09:05 PM | #1
My client seem to has a reoccurring issue with sound, specifically, background music and all other forms of music. Last night while I was playing on Balmoora and everything was fine, I heard a sound through my headset. A sound as if when you disconnect a stereo system, you hear a loud....cackle, and maybe some bass. JUST as that happened, ALL of my in-game music could not be heard. Sound effects, voice's and all else is nominal. The last time this happened, I re-installed in order to fix it. Is there a way to clear this up without re-installing? Is this a known and/or common bug?
The Assassin of Time

Beesodd
05.24.2012 , 01:04 AM | #2 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hi AnnexTrunks,

Running a repair should hopefully fix the issue game-side without necessitating a full reinstall. Also, I apologize if I misunderstand, but does "Sound effects, voice's and all else is nominal" mean that these sounds are very low.

If this is the case, it may be worth checking your sound mixer. To do so, click on the speaker icon near to your system clock in the bottom right, and choose Mixer. In the list that populates, check that the game's volume has not been set low.

You may also wish to update your sound drivers if you have not done so already, as many people neglect to do this.

I hope this helps.

Beesodd | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support| Find help for all EA Games at Answer HQ.

Metalmac
05.24.2012 , 03:54 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by AnnexTrunks View Post
My client seem to has a reoccurring issue with sound, specifically, background music and all other forms of music. Last night while I was playing on Balmoora and everything was fine, I heard a sound through my headset. A sound as if when you disconnect a stereo system, you hear a loud....cackle, and maybe some bass. JUST as that happened, ALL of my in-game music could not be heard. Sound effects, voice's and all else is nominal. The last time this happened, I re-installed in order to fix it. Is there a way to clear this up without re-installing? Is this a known and/or common bug?
Yes we know it is a bug but Bio Ware seems to be just ignore this little fact.

EVERYONE IN MY GUILD OF 98 people have the sound go out after about a hour or so.

This is not a single person bug it is accross multiple systems with multiple OS and systems it is a BIO WARE BUG!

Beesodd
05.24.2012 , 04:09 AM | #4 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hi Metalmac,

From my understanding the issue AnnexTrunks has described is a different one, as the one you have described can be reset with a client restart.

We are working to fix the sound issue you have described, and apologize for the inconvenience caused.

Beesodd | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support| Find help for all EA Games at Answer HQ.

AnnexTrunks
05.24.2012 , 06:51 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Beesodd View Post
Hi AnnexTrunks,

Running a repair should hopefully fix the issue game-side without necessitating a full reinstall. Also, I apologize if I misunderstand, but does "Sound effects, voice's and all else is nominal" mean that these sounds are very low.

If this is the case, it may be worth checking your sound mixer. To do so, click on the speaker icon near to your system clock in the bottom right, and choose Mixer. In the list that populates, check that the game's volume has not been set low.

You may also wish to update your sound drivers if you have not done so already, as many people neglect to do this.

I hope this helps.
Thank you for your reply, I will try this "repair" and see what happens. Also to clarify, in my preferences menu, ALL of my sounds, voices, music, BGM, etc...are all at 100%. Although I still cannot hear music, it doesn't go back to normal like the other guy said, and cut out after about an hour into play, it just stopped and has not worked since. All the other sounds I said that are 100%, work perfectly fine, so I know it's not an issue with my card, or an outside source. Also, this happened already once before and I had to re-install . Thank you again.
The Assassin of Time

Beesodd
05.24.2012 , 06:54 AM | #6 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Ah, thank you for the clarification. Please let us know if the repair fixes the issue.