Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

A Message from the Community Team

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
A Message from the Community Team
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

JovethGonzalez
05.23.2012 , 11:19 AM | #1 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hi everyone,

Ill start off by calling out the elephant in the room: yes, there was some restructuring here at the studio recently and we had to bid farewell to some of our colleagues and yes, we are all deeply saddened by this.

Their work and dedication to SWTOR will not be forgotten.

Here on the community team, weve had a bit of time to process this and were beginning to look towards the future of SWTORs community and what it means for you and for our team.

In the upcoming weeks, were going to be making a few changes and working on new initiatives in order to enhance our relationship with you, the fans, and with our developers. Well also be reintroducing the team so that you can get to know us a bit more.

As Greg Zeschuk mentioned in his forum post, we still have plenty of new, exciting content and features for the game, and were going to need your continued involvement and feedback.

Rest assured that the community team is still here, still listening: whether its here in our forums, on our official twitter account, one of the many fan sites, or the SWTOR subreddit.

Thank you all for your continuing support.

TUXs
05.23.2012 , 11:25 AM | #2
I look forward to these new 'initiatives'.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer 7-day FREE sub FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

GamewizX
05.23.2012 , 11:28 AM | #3
With Stephen Reid now gone I'm very curious to see who will be filling those not-so-desired shoes of being the primary buffer between the rabid community and the developers.
The Shadowlands -Ξ▒▓██ The Gamewiz Legacy ██▓▒Ξ- The Shadowlands
www.oldrepublicdads.com | Proud member of -=ORD=- | www.oldrepublicdads.com
Aaliyah - 50 Sage (TK) | Corthin - 50 Sentinel (CB) | Hartman - 35 Commando (GN)

HeawiNobal
05.23.2012 , 11:29 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post
Hi everyone,

In the upcoming weeks, were going to be making a few changes and working on new initiatives in order to enhance our relationship with you, the fans, and with our developers. Well also be reintroducing the team so that you can get to know us a bit more.

That sounds promising. Thank you.
Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me.

Helistin
05.23.2012 , 11:30 AM | #5
Looking forward to the next few months. I know us Star Wars fans can be quite demanding and unforgiving at times so bare with us

Crawelc
05.23.2012 , 11:30 AM | #6
Just a little constructive criticism, this is the kind of thing people need to see without trolling the forums. If you have something to say about an "elephant in the room" make sure your community sees it, not just the trolls.
Imprimis
All Imprimis All the time.

Tomisu
05.23.2012 , 11:31 AM | #7
It is stressful and tense and a downer to go through such moves, wishing all of you, the leavers and the stayers, good fortune.

Pedra
05.23.2012 , 11:32 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by GamewizX View Post
With Stephen Reid now gone I'm very curious to see who will be filling those not-so-desired shoes of being the primary buffer between the rabid community and the developers.
I fixed it for you.

TUXs
05.23.2012 , 11:32 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by GamewizX View Post
With Stephen Reid now gone I'm very curious to see who will be filling those not-so-desired shoes of being the primary buffer between the rapid community and the developers.
The rapid community?! Rapid meaning 'fast'? Or did you mean 'rabid'? This is no worse than any other gaming forum Gamewiz.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer 7-day FREE sub FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

BigSkill
05.23.2012 , 11:35 AM | #10
Quote:
we still have plenty of new, exciting content and features for the game, and were going to need your continued involvement and feedback.
Ok new person came to work there, is fine, is a rotating wheel right?
If something is wrong with your job is right thing that you give your seat to someonelse.
Now, i think we need to know what exactly there is of exciting, we need to know NOW, because there is no time anymore!!!!
Server are loosing lot of player every day, i love this game, i dont want to see another SWG NGE 2, and wait other 10 years for another SW based game.
You guys need to share your idea now, before you loose more time.
Legacy system is Great, but is not exciting, is not fun, is unusefull.
Most of player base is asking for world PvP, ranked wz, and more than 1 month is passed, personally i lost so amny friend tired to farm wz......
At least give the possibility to group in 8 person!!!!! Now not in another month.
Plz listen, comunicate and share your plan before to waste time.

AXIS of Blood