Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Mandalorians and Sith

ToEasy
05.22.2012 , 08:41 PM | #11
Oh, and to answer the op's question, I think it is because when they saw an oportunity to fight they took it because mandalorians are born warriors. It is their way of life so when they get to fight i am sure they won't hesitate to take it.
"Jedi do not fight for peace. That's only a slogan, and is as misleading as slogans always are. Jedi fight for civilization, because only civilization creates peace. We fight for justice because justice is the fundamental bedrock of civilization: an unjust civilization is built upon sand. It does not long survive a storm." - Mace Windu

CassusVerda
05.22.2012 , 08:56 PM | #12
Mostly because the Sith have goals that in the long run interest the Mandalorians.

They pay well, their enemies are usually powerful, and their wars are usually just what the Mandalorians need gain great stories of battle and valor. Seeing as the Jedi are more of a Defense and Prevention group, they are the exact opposite and why your rarely if ever see Mandalorians working with them.

ToEasy
05.22.2012 , 09:02 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by CassusVerda View Post
Mostly because the Sith have goals that in the long run interest the Mandalorians.

They pay well, their enemies are usually powerful, and their wars are usually just what the Mandalorians need gain great stories of battle and valor. Seeing as the Jedi are more of a Defense and Prevention group, they are the exact opposite and why your rarely if ever see Mandalorians working with them.

In fact I think The Clone Wars is about the ONLY time you see the Mandalorians in the employ of the Jedi, where they were training sergeants for the Clone Army and mercenaries for the Republic.
There was also the time during the New Sith Wars. And at some point in time the Mandalorians helped the New Republic During the Yuuzhon Vong War.
"Jedi do not fight for peace. That's only a slogan, and is as misleading as slogans always are. Jedi fight for civilization, because only civilization creates peace. We fight for justice because justice is the fundamental bedrock of civilization: an unjust civilization is built upon sand. It does not long survive a storm." - Mace Windu

GusVIII
05.22.2012 , 09:16 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by DeutschGamer View Post
Mandalorians are always seeking a challenge; turns out the Jedi are considered more of a challenge than the Sith.
It's like Mandalore the Vindicated said "we'd best return to winning the Sith's wars for them", or something like that. I would have preferred then to be a third, independent faction. The smugglers as well.

But they do side with the Republic as well. They sided with the Republic during Kotor II, the New Sith Wars, the Galactic Civil War, the Yuuzhan Vong War, and the Sith-Imperial War.

My guess is they'll eventually switch sides. After all, letting the Sith Emperor consume all life in the galaxy isn't exactly in their best interest.
<█[][][][][][o]={]▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓)

kaczuszka
05.23.2012 , 10:21 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Mandorain View Post
Why do Mandos keep teaming up with the Sith? Dont they get screwed over in every big war they jump in.
As they say "it's honrable" nd stuff like that
peace is a lie there is only passion through passion I gain strength through strength I gain power through power I gain victory through victory my chains are broken the force shall free me