Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

EP III questions....

Wolfninjajedi
05.21.2012 , 01:39 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Harlequintwo View Post
You mean Darth Vader.

Here's an intresting thought though. What would happen if Dooku revealed Sidious' identity before Anakin killed him? Would Anakin believe him? If he did, would Anakin even strike him down?

I remember that in Episode II, Dooku made a small reveal like that to Obi-Wan, but Kenobi basically said "Pfft. Yeah right, pull the other one". I'm inclined to believe that being so trusting of the Chancellor, Anakin would have just rolled his eyes.
Your right he would have just rolled his eyes and killed him. Why would he listen to a man, who hurt his master, who took his forearm, who done a number of other things compared to a guy who seemed frail and friendly?
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Rayla_Felana
05.21.2012 , 01:57 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Harlequintwo View Post
You mean Darth Vader.
Darth Vader caught him off guard and threw him down a reactor shaft, Luke took him and defeated him full on in a far more powerful incarnation of Sidious.

medamaniac
05.22.2012 , 12:25 AM | #23
On the subject of Anakin learning of Palpatine's true identity:
(...Some of this will sound like re-iterating other forum-posters and rambling, so forgive me ahead of time.)
As pretty much everyone here has said, Darth Sidious was a manipulator, most likely gained from his political experience in the Republic Senate (or simply a born diplomat). "Palpatine" also did support and motivate Anakin's ideas and him becoming a Knight throughout their time on the screen.
One can also argue that, with Sidious's ability to forsee "streams" of the future, he possibly could have seen that Anakin wouldn't have attack.
On that note, he (more than likely) forsaw Padme's death, which solidified Anakin's turn to the Dark Side and his transformation into Darth Vader. Even if Anakin didn't join Sidious, she still would have died and turned to the Dark Side/become a Dark Jedi, seeking "Palpatine" for guidance eventually; his plan coming into fruition either way.

...I think that might cover it. I either got it or screwed up big lol.

Mavryk
05.22.2012 , 02:44 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by medamaniac View Post
On that note, he (more than likely) forsaw Padme's death, which solidified Anakin's turn to the Dark Side and his transformation into Darth Vader. Even if Anakin didn't join Sidious, she still would have died and turned to the Dark Side/become a Dark Jedi, seeking "Palpatine" for guidance eventually; his plan coming into fruition either way..
If he wasn't the one who implanted that vision?
Dark-Haven Legacy
Black Chevron Community
[ Mavryk Lv55 ]-[ Avalyn Lv53 ]-[ Zavysh Lv1 ]-[ Equinor Lv13]
[ Ravlyn Lv29 ]-[ Xavier Lv23 ]-[ Lyxia Lv51 ]-[ Zakura Lv13]

Darth_Solrac
05.22.2012 , 12:34 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Rayla_Felana View Post
Darth Vader caught him off guard and threw him down a reactor shaft, Luke took him and defeated him full on in a far more powerful incarnation of Sidious.
I'm of the opinion Sidious was at his best when he.....you know.....had his own real body. I've yet to really read up on the post timeline (cuz from what I've seen so far looks really stupid & uber), but if Luke did accomplish that then they're 1-1. Lest we forget how Sidious wtflol pwned Luke on the Death Star.

Teach him his technique of absorbing lightning, Yoda did not. Failed he did.....
Nobody expects the Sith Inquisition!
Guild: Imperial Army.
Darth (Markos) Solrac: LV 50, Dark Sith Sorcerer.
Draykos Solrac: LV 29, Dark grey Jedi Guardian.

Wolfninjajedi
05.22.2012 , 01:52 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Solrac View Post
I'm of the opinion Sidious was at his best when he.....you know.....had his own real body. I've yet to really read up on the post timeline (cuz from what I've seen so far looks really stupid & uber), but if Luke did accomplish that then they're 1-1. Lest we forget how Sidious wtflol pwned Luke on the Death Star.

Teach him his technique of absorbing lightning, Yoda did not. Failed he did.....
Actually Luke did know force absorb, it just wasn't really effective in absorbing Sidious's lighting he only absorbed bits of it.

Mordegrus
05.22.2012 , 08:07 PM | #27
Also, the first time Luke met Yoda, Yoda warned Luke not to face Vader, because his training was incomplete.
Then, after Vader cut off his hand, and basically destroyed Luke, Yoda says Luke is ready. Then Yoda dies.
IMPROVED VERSION
Yoda: Not ready are you.
Luke: ...
(later at Bespin)
Vader: I am your father!
Luke: NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!
(later at Dagobah)
Yoda: Ready, you are now.
Luke: (grabs lightsaber, and kills Yoda)
“Equality is a lie…A myth to appease the masses. Simply look around and you will see the lie for what it is! There are those with power, those with the strength and will to lead. And there are those meant to follow—those incapable of anything but servitude and a meager, worthless existence.”

Wolfninjajedi
05.22.2012 , 08:12 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Mordegrus View Post
Also, the first time Luke met Yoda, Yoda warned Luke not to face Vader, because his training was incomplete.
Then, after Vader cut off his hand, and basically destroyed Luke, Yoda says Luke is ready. Then Yoda dies.
IMPROVED VERSION
Yoda: Not ready are you.
Luke: ...
(later at Bespin)
Vader: I am your father!
Luke: NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!
(later at Dagobah)
Yoda: Ready, you are now.
Luke: (grabs lightsaber, and kills Yoda)
You know time passed between EP 5 and 6 right? By EP 6, Luke's training was complete and all he had to do to become a full fledged jedi knight was face his father which he did.

Mordegrus
05.22.2012 , 08:22 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
You know time passed between EP 5 and 6 right? By EP 6, Luke's training was complete and all he had to do to become a full fledged jedi knight was face his father which he did.
Oops...
“Equality is a lie…A myth to appease the masses. Simply look around and you will see the lie for what it is! There are those with power, those with the strength and will to lead. And there are those meant to follow—those incapable of anything but servitude and a meager, worthless existence.”