Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

How to access the answers of your security questions!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
How to access the answers of your security questions!

DoubleDHZ
12.18.2011 , 04:13 AM | #1
I've got a typo in one of my answers of my questions. Sooner or later I had to answer this one question, and because of the typo, my answer never was accepted. From this time on I never got any other question, just the one with the typo.

Well, I tried to email the support, but they would not reset my questions. So by phone was my only choice. Not that it only was a foreign number, which would be somewhat expensive, some answering machine also told me, that all lines are currently busy and I should try it later. Well, that got me thinking. And I came up with this:

I have entered the answers in a form on a website. These were regular textboxes, which show the text as it is, not hidden by a password charcter. Modern browsers usually store those inputs for convenience matters. So all the answers should be stored unencrypted somewhere on my computer. Allright!

So what do you need, to get to your answers:
1. The computer, from where you entered the questions. (Obviously...)
2. A browser, which saves form input and of course this option had to be turned on, as you entered your answers. Usually such functionality is turned on by default. (In my case I had Firefox).
3. Something to display the form input. Either your browser has a built-in functionality for this, or maybe there's a plugin/addon for it. (For Firefox there's a neat addon called Form History Control (FHC). you can find it here: http://www.formhistory.blogspot.com/ )

Now all you have to do, is to check your form history. The textboxes usually have names, so they can be identified. FHC displays these names and I can even sort by them. In our case, they're called
secret_answer_0
secret_answer_1
secret_answer_2
secret_answer_3
secret_answer_4

Voilá! There are your answers!

renegadeimp
12.18.2011 , 04:15 AM | #2
Or just save the answers to a txt file on your computer, or write them down on a bit of scrap paper.
Streamline - A guide to speeding up low - mid range Computer systems.
Latency Thread - Latency issue gathering thread..
Have a tech issue you need help with? You can nomally find me on the Customer Support forum.