Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Have YOU heard of The Tragedy of Darth Sidious the Noob?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Have YOU heard of The Tragedy of Darth Sidious the Noob?

Darth_Solrac
05.22.2012 , 01:48 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Rayla_Felana View Post
He clearly had no interest in being overthrown or being replaced, in-fact I imagine what he would have eventually done if Vader didn't get deep fried would be to transfer his essence into Vader's body and become practically a god.
Lol well no Dark Lord is ever interested in that happening to them. Happens when they can no longer help it. When the apprentice becomes more powerful. But Vader still seemed to be much his master's lesser then.
Nobody expects the Sith Inquisition!
Guild: Imperial Army.
Darth (Markos) Solrac: LV 50, Dark Sith Sorcerer.
Draykos Solrac: LV 29, Dark grey Jedi Guardian.

Captain_Zone
05.22.2012 , 01:49 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Rayla_Felana View Post
Well I mean and stay with me here:

What if it was a just a master plan? to trick the force, the prophecy and everyone else into thinking he's dead and six years later: "NOPE I'm back, HAHAHAHA! you should see your faces, oh dearie me." *trollface*
He must have learned Trollesu from Obi-Wan at some point. Only Sid couldn't use "ONE WITH THE BEARD, n00by n00by n00by n00blet!"
. OPOD
Shivalka: Darth Baras is quite large, isn't he?
Joran Karn: You, my dear Sith, have just mastered the art of understatement.

Lyer
05.22.2012 , 01:53 PM | #13
"I know we're trying to keep construction on schedule, but can we hold off on the work for a bit? I'm trying to make a sithy dark-side speech here."

"Well we're just covering up this hole here. We wouldn't want anyone to fall through it."

"Just put a rail around it and we'll be fine."
I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite post on the forum.

Slowpokeking
05.22.2012 , 01:57 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Captain_Zone View Post
He must have learned Trollesu from Obi-Wan at some point. Only Sid couldn't use "ONE WITH THE BEARD, n00by n00by n00by n00blet!"
Obi Wan was no match for Dooku.

Eillack
05.22.2012 , 02:04 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Solrac View Post
It's not a story any Jedi will tell you. It's a Sith legend. Darth Sidious was a Dark Lord of the Sith. He was so powerful, he could create planet wide Force Storms with his mind, before crushing them with worm holes. He had such a knowledge of the Dark Side. He could even display such a genius in strategy, & tact, that he turned The Chosen One to the Dark Side, made him his apprentice while ruling over his hated foe nation & order covertly.

Naturally, the only thing that could stop him was his own extreme noob arrogance. Which of course it did. For while on his Death Star, the fit noob arrogance was so overwhelming, he forgot what a crafty genius he was, & about the bond shared between father & son that he had previously even warned that very father about.

His apprentice then snuck up on him, & threw him down a miles wide shaft.

Be wary young Sithlings, if you can't see your apprentice in your current line of sight, turn about, & short him out before returning to torture his son until he turns like you should have.....
My reply: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9t_00CrJcxI
With unity, comes strength...with strength, comes power...with power...comes obedience.....
CE Owner '09 Account
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post
..I think it's ultimately our fault for not communicating enough.

Captain_Zone
05.22.2012 , 03:15 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post
Obi Wan was no match for Dooku.
Only because Dooku used the Catwalk Attack on Obi-Wan before he could use his Trollesu Face Defense.
. OPOD
Shivalka: Darth Baras is quite large, isn't he?
Joran Karn: You, my dear Sith, have just mastered the art of understatement.

Aurbere
05.22.2012 , 04:24 PM | #17
I think it's pretty obvious what happened. Vader was all and Luke was like and Palpatine was like and then Vader said 'You get away from him!' and then he picks up Palps and tosses him down the shaft.
Added Chapter 48 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Eillack
05.22.2012 , 04:28 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
I think it's pretty obvious what happened. Vader was all and Luke was like and Palpatine was like and then Vader said 'You get away from him!' and then he picks up Palps and tosses him down the shaft.
Lol that's what my link to youtube said (Robot Chicken III)
With unity, comes strength...with strength, comes power...with power...comes obedience.....
CE Owner '09 Account
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post
..I think it's ultimately our fault for not communicating enough.

Mordegrus
05.22.2012 , 05:48 PM | #19
Sidious: "When will you finish the second Death Star, Commander?"
Commander: "We will finish in about two months sir, but we have a problem..."
Sidious: "What?"
Commander: "Our budget is too small to fit the big statues you want in your throne room."
Sidious: "Well, what will you put instead of the statues of me?"
Commander: "Since our Wookie workers went on strike, we can't continue construction on your throne room, so there will be holes in the ground, but we will but up guard rails for Your Majesty."
Sidious: "Vader!"
Vader: "Yes, Master?
Sidious: "Make sure someone doesn't sneak up on me, and throw me down those bottomless pits, will you?
Vader: "Yes, my Master..."
“Equality is a lie…A myth to appease the masses. Simply look around and you will see the lie for what it is! There are those with power, those with the strength and will to lead. And there are those meant to follow—those incapable of anything but servitude and a meager, worthless existence.”

Darth_Omega
05.22.2012 , 05:58 PM | #20
I only started disliking Darth Sidious when he was given ridiculous powers. Otherwise he was pretty cool
"A day, a year, a millennium -- it matters not. I hold the patience of stone and the will of stars" - Sith Emperor