Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Long Customer Service Wait times

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Long Customer Service Wait times

Korllan's Avatar


Korllan
12.18.2011 , 03:15 AM | #1
What Happened to the thread about long Customer service wait times.....did EA remove the thread cause it was so large.

So far today I have been on hold for 6.5 hrs trying to resolve this security question issue as EA obviously have no one working in CS the week of launch.

It has been extremely frustrating as all I have wanted to do all day is play.

And before anyone says anything YES I do know my security questions.

Keep trying I suppose and waiting for an email response or something

renegadeimp's Avatar


renegadeimp
12.18.2011 , 03:22 AM | #2
If you have a account security related problem, you need to call them. They won't help you by email.

They have plenty of cs reps, but there are tens of thousands of people contacting them for all kinds of things.
That's why there is a queue.
Streamline - A guide to speeding up low - mid range Computer systems.
Latency Thread - Latency issue gathering thread..
Have a tech issue you need help with? You can nomally find me on the Customer Support forum.

Darth-Malkaevian's Avatar


Darth-Malkaevian
12.18.2011 , 03:23 AM | #3
it was removed because it was becoming apparent that bioware is endanger of SWTOR flopping even before it launches, as 90% of the posts out over 20,000 replies were negative and condemning of biowares inability to function on even a basic support level to its customers.

The Forum mods remove any posts which statistically proves bioware is *********** up on a major level so people who haven't bought the game will buy it not realizing they are *********** themselves and loosing money on it.

I mean would you purchase a game if you logged onto their forums and 90% of posts screaming 6 hour phone wait times, no customer service, and inability to log into your account or even get real support without days and weeks of waiting?

Oh, and there is absolutely no refund for a pre-order as it is considered a digital order (Unless you order the boxed disc version). So once you hit pay, your ****ed.

Trust me if I could get my 70.00 refunded I would. Because I need the money, not some game I can't log into and play.

Korllan's Avatar


Korllan
12.18.2011 , 03:28 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by renegadeimp View Post
If you have a account security related problem, you need to call them. They won't help you by email.

They have plenty of cs reps, but there are tens of thousands of people contacting them for all kinds of things.
That's why there is a queue.
I have been on the phone for well over 7hrs now. The current stint is 2.5 hrs.
The calls mysteriously disconnect.

I hope this is sorted out soon.I would hate to see what happens on the 20th

Bellin's Avatar


Bellin
12.18.2011 , 03:38 AM | #5
I waited 3 hours last night, and finally got this issue resolved.

As far as I understand noone counted on that security question **** up, so phone lines are busy. Anyway according to a rep, security questions should have been reset for people who locked their accounts this way. It did not work for me...

Only thing I can say is to be patient and wait...

P.S.
Generally issue is just until you receive your product key. You can always create new account and use product key there, so you WILL get in on 20th!
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇)

renegadeimp's Avatar


renegadeimp
12.18.2011 , 03:39 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth-Malkaevian View Post
it was removed because it was becoming apparent that bioware is endanger of SWTOR flopping even before it launches, as 90% of the posts out over 20,000 replies were negative and condemning of biowares inability to function on even a basic support level to its customers.

The Forum mods remove any posts which statistically proves bioware is *********** up on a major level so people who haven't bought the game will buy it not realizing they are *********** themselves and loosing money on it.

I mean would you purchase a game if you logged onto their forums and 90% of posts screaming 6 hour phone wait times, no customer service, and inability to log into your account or even get real support without days and weeks of waiting?

Oh, and there is absolutely no refund for a pre-order as it is considered a digital order (Unless you order the boxed disc version). So once you hit pay, your ****ed.

Trust me if I could get my 70.00 refunded I would. Because I need the money, not some game I can't log into and play.
First curb the abusive language it doesnt achieve anything. Also it is better if you didnt state your somewhat flawed opinion as fact.
Streamline - A guide to speeding up low - mid range Computer systems.
Latency Thread - Latency issue gathering thread..
Have a tech issue you need help with? You can nomally find me on the Customer Support forum.

Jist's Avatar


Jist
12.18.2011 , 03:56 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by renegadeimp View Post
First curb the abusive language it doesnt achieve anything. Also it is better if you didnt state your somewhat flawed opinion as fact.
I can understand the use of abusive language.......perhaps if you couldn't log in and were waiting on the phone on hold for hours on end listening to the same phrase over and over along with the same music.....or given the run around by tickets and e-mails, to no avail. Perhaps you wouldn't be so quick to dismiss the anger and frustration we feel. Because the abusive language is posted on a public forum perhaps that is his way of venting.....everyone has a right to do so.

renegadeimp's Avatar


renegadeimp
12.18.2011 , 03:57 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Jist View Post
I can understand the use of abusive language.......perhaps if you couldn't log in and were waiting on the phone on hold for hours on end listening to the same phrase over and over along with the same music.....or given the run around by tickets and e-mails, to no avail. Perhaps you wouldn't be so quick to dismiss the anger and frustration we feel. Because the abusive language is posted on a public forum perhaps that is his way of venting.....everyone has a right to do so.
I understand it too, but my point was it is not allowed on these forums, and will result in the poster getting banned from these forums. They wouldnt be able to get any help then.

As for everyone has a right to do so.. Nope. They do not. You have agreed to abide by the rules of this forum. Those rules state no abusive language.

You can still get your point across perfectly well without resorting to immaturity.

On a side note: I have been on hold with them twice now for over 2 hours at a time for account related issues. It is annoying sure, but i'm one of the few people that understand that they need to verify that you are who you say you are, before they will take any action on the account.
Streamline - A guide to speeding up low - mid range Computer systems.
Latency Thread - Latency issue gathering thread..
Have a tech issue you need help with? You can nomally find me on the Customer Support forum.

dauntaeisback's Avatar


dauntaeisback
12.18.2011 , 03:59 AM | #9
alright, look noobies, you are all probably to young to remember this, but sit right there and let me tell you a story; of how star wars Galaxy launched(almost the same as wow, matrix online, warhammer 40k, everquest one and 2............ wow expatiation(so much server crashes).......... and pretty much every mmorpg ever............ and bf3 mw3 mw2 mw1, counter strike, counter strike souse, tf2, and tf2 when they made it ftp) it crashed, it *********** crashed everywhere, the lines fell, the webpage was out of order for a week, the game had wait times of days, and if you were inactive at your computer it would boot you from que(so you could not just que and sit, nor could you que and do something else with those old computers, lust sit there, for hours, jiggling the mouse..... this **** is normal, and the fact that bio's web page is still working is great. also, yes i am on hold for a security quest, yes for 2 hours, you knew this would happen when you got a preorder, thats what preording means, we get to play it first, we encounter the bugs, we get ****ed so they can fix them........... this is true of all games, from skyrim to the old republic, every game has its bugs when it launches, hell, i remember boarderlands launch, and not being able to play because the floor would disappear. so yes, this **** sucks, but the game is good, now we have to wait for them to fix he problems; one person at a time, one computer at a time, one server at a time. thats all they can do, and trust me, this game will not flop........ played beta extinsivly(not just the weekend crap, i was in full beta) its to good all round to flop, word of mouth from those who are willing to wait out this storm will spreed.
no power in the verse can stop me
everyone fights, no one quits, you run I'll shot you my self, no regrets
i will, because i must.i must, because i am.i am, because i know.i know, because i am a god

Artthen's Avatar


Artthen
12.18.2011 , 04:04 AM | #10
Hi everyone,

Since there is an existing thread on this topic, we’ve closed this thread. You can find the existing thread here:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=44516

Please continue your discussion at the above link. Thanks!