Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What species can mingle?

Crezelle
05.19.2012 , 02:33 AM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by Taalbert View Post
Well good. Glad I am not the only one, then.
my mind is like the purest virgin snow:
give it just a little time, and its in the gutter
Crezelle De'Chimera, of the Shadowlands
" Secret Agent Blue Booty, at your service. You Lead the way; I bring the kolto. "

theoleon
05.19.2012 , 04:04 PM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by Path-x View Post
Human and Sith have been known to interbred. Most powerful Sith such as Marka Ragnos, Naga Sadow and Ludo Kressh were all human-sith hybrids. Over the centuries the pureblood Sith disappeared in this process. Though a some small percentage of SIth genes remained in the humans whose distant ancestors we hybrids (this is even mentioned in Foundary flahspoint).

Well then the question is, would the offspring still be Sith or Human from a game play perspective.? For more thought, could 2 siblings each have traits of one of the parents where one "looks" like a "Pureblood" Sith and another completely "normal" Human?

JJDrakken
05.19.2012 , 11:15 PM | #43
Well this post went wild, lol.

Lets say my Cybernetic Agent wanted to start wee ones with Kaliyo(I know right?), then I make new toon to link into the family tree.

Should it be Rattaki? Human? These things bug me, that's all.

JJ
GUILD: LEGACY Server: The Harbinger
A man walks down the street in that hat, people know he ain't afraid of anything.
This Jawa is hiding something!

DeutschGamer
05.19.2012 , 11:25 PM | #44
According to the latest canon on the Star Wars wiki, Rattataki are noted as unable to breed with humans without gene modification. Now whether Kaliyo would even be willing to have a kid is another world entirely, but in this case if you did some gene splicing in theory you could make the kid human or Rattataki since its an artificial birth to begin with.
Its all the force's fault.

Corso is my sidekick..or more specifically that little monkey you dress up in a tux and sit in a corner to look interesting but in reality doesn't really do anything.

Captain_Zone
05.19.2012 , 11:25 PM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by Taalbert View Post
Well good. Glad I am not the only one, then.

I am not sure that my character's lifestyle would be very suitable for a baby. All that killing, and saving the galaxy, and important stuff like that. So we can still um, do the deed, but biologically cannot breed. And that suits my character just fine right now. Plus my crew would make terrible babysitters.
I dunno. Vector would make a good babysitter for me and Raina's little smurfs. So would Doc Lokin, for that matter. Kaliyo is the crazy aunt, and SCORPIO is... well.... SCORPIO.
. OPOD
The New Jedi Code: "Keep Calm & Carry a Lightsaber"

Captain_Zone
05.19.2012 , 11:27 PM | #46
Quote: Originally Posted by Crezelle View Post
my mind is like the purest virgin snow:
give it just a little time, and its in the gutter
*waits for the inevitable lightning strike*

>.>

<.<
. OPOD
The New Jedi Code: "Keep Calm & Carry a Lightsaber"

JJDrakken
05.20.2012 , 11:04 AM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by DeutschGamer View Post
According to the latest canon on the Star Wars wiki, Rattataki are noted as unable to breed with humans without gene modification. Now whether Kaliyo would even be willing to have a kid is another world entirely, but in this case if you did some gene splicing in theory you could make the kid human or Rattataki since its an artificial birth to begin with.
Hrmm, ok. Maybe I'll do adopted kids then or something. Since my Warrior & Jaesa are couple, that's easy, both humans. My Sorc is Pureblood, should be easy for that one(ok maybe not, stupid Ashara.), & my Twi'lek seems destined with Twi'leks.

JJ
GUILD: LEGACY Server: The Harbinger
A man walks down the street in that hat, people know he ain't afraid of anything.
This Jawa is hiding something!

MammonHoole
05.20.2012 , 01:15 PM | #48
Quote: Originally Posted by theoleon View Post
Well then the question is, would the offspring still be Sith or Human from a game play perspective.? For more thought, could 2 siblings each have traits of one of the parents where one "looks" like a "Pureblood" Sith and another completely "normal" Human?
I would imagine that they would look more like the Sith Purebloods. As was mentioned, Naga Sadow and Ludo Kressh were 'hybrids' and they looked like Purebloods. The 'Pureblood' moniker itself seems to be more geared toward looks than actual bloodline, since the Dark Jedi outcasts that originally conquered Korriban intermingled with Sith quite frequently (usually unofficially). If you read The Lost Tribe of the Sith series, you get an idea of how the Dark Jedi humans wanted to keep their human look (and therefore their dominant 'Dark Jedi' stature) by keeping the breeding between humans.

Spoiler

So I would say that they would both look more Sith than human. The sith features are probably more dominant genetically

Path-x
05.21.2012 , 02:16 PM | #49
Quote: Originally Posted by theoleon View Post
Well from a roleplay perspective, if you wanted to make an offspring of your Sith and Human parents it would be the best to make a character Sith Pureblood with a fair skin colour (light orange) and as few sith additions as possible. While the pure Sith have red skin colour.
Jedi: You won the day, Sith. So, kill me if you must.
Warrior: I must.

Eanelinea
05.22.2012 , 02:03 PM | #50
I usually go with the easiest thing to do in the game since we can't make official half breeds. My agent and Vector's daughter is half human and half Chiss. But since I can't make an actual half human/half Chiss character, she's completely Chiss (via the selection thing I mean).

She has her mother's coloring, facial features, and makeup, but her hair is black instead of that light blue color. She has freckles like her mother, but she has the all over freckles while her mother has just the cheek freckles. The all over freckles and facial features she got from her mother make her look completely naive and innocent compared to her mother.

My agent:

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a2..._09_410382.jpg

Her daughter:

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a2..._23_189129.jpg

You can see the similarities and also the differences.

This was as close as I wanted to get to making her half human. Wanted to show her mother in her without making her too different. In my head though, she looks more like Vector in the face.