Operation loot should actually be an upgrade

I just want to point out that I think that the current operation loot (Campaign) is good enough to be hardmode loot.

It happens way too often that when we kill a boss people actually have to compare if the campaign is better than their rakata. A new tier of set items should always be better and the difference should be bigger than few main stat or switching secondary stats around. I know many of you know what i'm talking about but just for an example some gunslinger campaign items reduce cunning and increase endurance or healers get reduced power and increased crit or surge. New items should increase stats across the board.

Few players from our guild have already stopped raiding becouse raiding just isnt fun when the rewards are so bad.

I do hope bioware addresses this issue with itemization. I know that with smaller item upgrades the operation can still be a challenge even with full campaign but getting loot just isnt fun :(

10 less main stat

20 more endo

thats an upgrade??????

45 secondary stat

45 secondary stat

new:

57 secondary

57 secondary

also an upgrade????

maybe you're guildies can't do simple math.

Edited by Kaisies

Kaisies, have you actually compared all of your Rakata set to your new Campaign set?

Alot of items for most classes are barely, or sometimes even not an upgrade at all.

We have our entire guild in Rakata from previous content, and alot of people pass on the campaign gear that drops in hardmode because it is simply not an upgrade for them. (Perhaps one single mod out of it, but is that really what we should take the loot for?)

I've done some research and I wasn't able to find anything about why our loot is like that. (And yes, most people do care about loot, raiding should be upgrading your character, not just progression in content.)

All the new tier really does is increase endurance. Giving a bigger healthpool without giving better heals is not all that of an upgrade to the raid team.

I really hope we can get an answer on the thoughts behind the stats on the new loot from Bioware!

Thanks,

Porthundax

Edited by Porthundax

Kaisies, have you actually compared all of your Rakata set to your new Campaign set?

Alot of items for most classes are barely, or sometimes even not an upgrade at all.

We have our entire guild in Rakata from previous content, and alot of people pass on the campaign gear that drops in hardmode because it is simply not an upgrade for them. (Perhaps one single mod out of it, but is that really what we should take the loot for?)

I've done some research and I wasn't able to find anything about why our loot is like that. (And yes, most people do care about loot, raiding should be upgrading your character, not just progression in content.)

All the new tier really does is increase endurance. Giving a bigger healthpool without giving better heals is not all that of an upgrade to the raid team.

I really hope we can get an answer on the thoughts behind the stats on the new loot from Bioware!

Thanks,

Porthundax

You and your guild aren't doing it right then. Yes, for a lot of classes, a campaign piece might not be an upgrade compared to the rakata piece; however, if you strip out the entire campaign piece and distribute it across multiple pieces of armor it becomes far more valuable. Campaign mods > rakata mods and that isn't even up for debate.

Hell black hole gear is an upgrade from rakata if you can do simple math.

I'm not saying that some pieces would not be an upgrade. I'm saying that the upgrade isnt big enough. If you get +15 secondary stat and a bit more health that's like who cares.

Then multiply that by 7 armor slots + implants/earpieces and you have a pretty significant stat increase. Or if you don't care about BiS just wait until the next armor set comes out.

Yeah, what the others said - sometimes it appears as if it's a small upgrade but if you consider the whole set, then you notice a big upgrade.

That and the fact that playing around with the mods etc slipping some Black Hole enhancements/mods into rakata and eventually replacing with the best Campaign ones leads to a big upgrade.

And well to some degree - we dont want the difference to be too huge, or you very quickly run into becoming too powerful.

You and your guild aren't doing it right then. Yes, for a lot of classes, a campaign piece might not be an upgrade compared to the rakata piece; however, if you strip out the entire campaign piece and distribute it across multiple pieces of armor it becomes far more valuable. Campaign mods > rakata mods and that isn't even up for debate.

Hell black hole gear is an upgrade from rakata if you can do simple math.

Yes. Quoting it 'cause it's true.

I have yet to swap a campaign/black hole piece straight over to replace Rakata. Pull the mods and distribute across your gear.

Yes. Quoting it 'cause it's true.

I have yet to swap a campaign/black hole piece straight over to replace Rakata. Pull the mods and distribute across your gear.

I think it would be cool if things sprouted from the gear you put mods in from. For example, my lightsaber should have boots sticking out of it, my head has I think has some robes & boots...

... okay maybe that wouldn't be COOL, but it would be funny :p

Anyway, over the course of 2 weeks I increased my willpower by ~200 using BH comms & a drop. I also increased my power by 200. With some quick napkin math, that's roughly +60 healing power or +90 damage. That doesn't sound like a whole lot until you realize that's about a 10% increase. Seems pretty substantial to me :)

The bh bracers and belt are actually alot better then their campaign equivalents for ia snipers.

When looking at the new tier gear, it's only good for ripping out a few mods to put into crafted orange gear for my sniper. They are not an upgrade, I'd loose dps if I wore full campaign gear over a rakata set.

Plus their stat distribution makes no sence. It's like a total reversal from what the devs considered important in rakata.

I hope somebody in a clown suit wasnt hired to make these stats up becuase thats the way it appears to me.

The bh bracers and belt are actually alot better then their campaign equivalents for ia snipers.

When looking at the new tier gear, it's only good for ripping out a few mods to put into crafted orange gear for my sniper. They are not an upgrade, I'd loose dps if I wore full campaign gear over a rakata set.

Plus their stat distribution makes no sence. It's like a total reversal from what the devs considered important in rakata.

I hope somebody in a clown suit wasnt hired to make these stats up becuase thats the way it appears to me.

Lol, I have an IA sniper as well. My dps has gone up significantly from the base rakata set when I started to transplant in BH and Campaign mods.

The main advantage to the campain armor set is not the small overall stat increase the set carries compaired to Rakata but the fact that you can pull the armorings and transfer the set bonus by droping them into a crafted orange armor part with an augment slot.

To some extent I think BW designed the stat distribution on campain gear with the expectation that players would do this then fill the aug slots.

Yeah, as long as the stats are comparable to Rakata gear, it's an upgrade, because you can get set bonus on augmented oranges.

So right now it's moving Campaign mods into augmented crafted gear that gives it the noticeable edge over Rakata?

What happens after 1.3 when we can add augment slots to Rakata gear?

Will this narrow the gap between Campaign and Rakata?

The question here is why do we even have to rip out mods and swap them around (excluding augmented Orange gear).

To make my Rakata set "better" (Powertech, Supercommando) I really need to replace the mods in the Chest (and possibly legs) with the ones from Gloves. It shouldn't work like that. I assume that Campaign gear will be a similar story.

Black Hole implants / ear and Belt are all an upgrade on Rakata ('cause Rakata belt has no shield stats, only defense), however the Bracer's aren't really an upgrade.

I understand that BH and Campaign gear are upgrades from a numerical stand point. I don't argue that point at all.

That being said...the fact that I need to buy the piece, and then spend 120,000 credits pulling the mods out of one complete ********.

I understand the game needs sinks, but this is a terrible place to have them. Many of us who do weekly operations don't have a surplus of extra credits because we do weekly operations. Repair bills, stims, adrenals, It all adds up.

And yes, I've seen that the cost is being tuned down slightly, but it's still a B.S. surcharge. It's like paying to have your cable installed, or uninstalled.