Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Mandalorians and Sith

Mandorain
05.21.2012 , 10:43 PM | #1
Why do Mandos keep teaming up with the Sith? Dont they get screwed over in every big war they jump in.

BenjaminminU
05.22.2012 , 05:19 AM | #2
Not sure why they did the first time, but i know that the previous mandalore was actually a sith empire puppet, in order to bring all the mandalorian clans together to support the sith empire, then after he was killed by the current mandalore, he decided that they would stay allied with the sith empire, for now at least.
"Declaration: Assassination protocols active. Greetings, master" - HK-51

Rayla_Felana
05.22.2012 , 05:26 AM | #3
The first time Ulic-Qel Droma killed Mandalore and earned his command over the Mandalorians.

The second time, the Sith had tricked the Mandalorians into the Mandalorian War.

This time the Sith are the very reason the Mandalorians are gathered as a clan.

LeeC
05.22.2012 , 06:43 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Rayla_Felana View Post
The first time Ulic-Qel Droma killed Mandalore and earned his command over the Mandalorians.

The second time, the Sith had tricked the Mandalorians into the Mandalorian War.

This time the Sith are the very reason the Mandalorians are gathered as a clan.
Theres also the clone wars too. the clones being of mando descent.

I think it's really just the sith being the great manipulators of the galaxy. It's usually not an alliance of sorts. in fact I do believe the Mandos fought on the side of the republic for a time during the new sith wars.

Kanshan
05.22.2012 , 09:44 AM | #5
I bet the Sith Empire pays better.
Want to post feed back of why you're quitting? For the love of all that is good, post here http://www.swtor.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=349

DeutschGamer
05.22.2012 , 10:47 AM | #6
Mandalorians are always seeking a challenge; turns out the Jedi are considered more of a challenge than the Sith.
Its all the force's fault.

Corso is my sidekick..or more specifically that little monkey you dress up in a tux and sit in a corner to look interesting but in reality doesn't really do anything.

OldVengeance
05.22.2012 , 02:39 PM | #7
Truth be told I wasn't happy about the game having the Mandalorians ally with the Sith again. After Kotor 2 I was kind of looking forward to seeing them finally come to the aide of the Republic against the Sith. But I guess they wanted everything to be as familiar and unchanging as possible for players in TOR.

ToEasy
05.22.2012 , 05:03 PM | #8
Well there are some Mandalorians who support the republic during this time period. And I do believe that the Mandalorians fought the sith during the New sith wars so they don't always side with the sith.
"Jedi do not fight for peace. That's only a slogan, and is as misleading as slogans always are. Jedi fight for civilization, because only civilization creates peace. We fight for justice because justice is the fundamental bedrock of civilization: an unjust civilization is built upon sand. It does not long survive a storm." - Mace Windu

Aurbere
05.22.2012 , 08:30 PM | #9
Well Mandalorians are always seeking a challenge and what greater challenge is there than to defeat the legendary knights of the Jedi Order. The jedi have not been defeated until the Clone Wars. Even then the order comes back in the form of Luke Skywalker.
Added Chapter 35 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

EnsignSorrow
05.22.2012 , 08:37 PM | #10
Well, they aren't that bright.
"To be Jedi is to face the truth, and choose. Give off light, or darkness, Padawan. Be a candle, or the night, Padawan: but choose!"