Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

How to kill Stormcaller and Firebrand in Hardmode Denova?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
How to kill Stormcaller and Firebrand in Hardmode Denova?

seektravota
05.20.2012 , 08:19 PM | #1
the title says. want to know what strategy you guys are using? do you do tank swap etc?

Glorionn
05.20.2012 , 09:03 PM | #2
Yet to do this on 16 man, but for 8 man, we run a shadow on Firebrand, and a Vanguard on Stormcaller. The shadow uses his stealth to drop threat on the incinerate (so a DPS will get incinerate), or he uses a CD to take it (resiliance I think). If his stealth is on CD, or his CDs arnt up, we tank swap. We have the healer on firebrand stand off the tank, everyone else stands on the tanks.

That's pretty much it.
Glor - CommandoGlorion - Guardian
Glory - SageGlorific - Gunslinger
Harlequin of Master Dar'nala

AngelFluttershy
05.20.2012 , 09:43 PM | #3
For hardmode we just tank swap. Both tanks focus target Firebrand and when Incinerate is cast both tanks just charge and taunt the other boss once one tank gets the debuff.

Typeslice
05.20.2012 , 10:29 PM | #4
Get both of their health down to 0.
Xaph'an / A'baddon - GM of Undercon
The Shadowlands
http://undercon.guildlaunch.com

Typeslice
05.20.2012 , 10:31 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by AngelFluttershy View Post
For hardmode we just tank swap. Both tanks focus target Firebrand and when Incinerate is cast both tanks just charge and taunt the other boss once one tank gets the debuff.
Or have a DPS that can taunt on Firebrand. Have that DPS focus target Stormcaller. Firebrand casts IA a couple of seconds after Stormcaller finishes casting his debuff. DPS taunts Firebrand, takes IA and tank taunts him back.
Xaph'an / A'baddon - GM of Undercon
The Shadowlands
http://undercon.guildlaunch.com

Fracta
05.21.2012 , 10:20 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Typeslice View Post
Or have a DPS that can taunt on Firebrand. Have that DPS focus target Stormcaller. Firebrand casts IA a couple of seconds after Stormcaller finishes casting his debuff. DPS taunts Firebrand, takes IA and tank taunts him back.
That seems much more likely to wipe your raid than tank swapping.

I'd rather not have the bosses ever be targetting dps.
Vossen / Ascendancy

alifaraaz
05.21.2012 , 07:21 PM | #7
It actually works quite nicely, but to each their own.

When our powetech dps taunts off me, he times it do its done as storm finishes DD and usually he doesn't take a single hit from firebrand. Once or twice he has, but never dropped under 50% as firebrand generally isn't doing much if anything at that time.
Kazar - Powertech, [Tomb of Freedom Nadd EU]

AngelFluttershy
05.21.2012 , 08:18 PM | #8
I can see that working well but we typically have DPS on Firebrand that cannot taunt on most occasions, and tank swapping is what we're used to now. If it isn't broken don't try to fix it I say!