Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Ninja Crafting Mats

uniz
05.17.2012 , 05:52 PM | #11
was the person you sent the mats been in game the last three days? does he have any guildies you could ask about his offline status? if he hasnt been online perhaps something not under his control happened.

there are alot of other possible reasons other than thinking you got ripped off.

but if you sent him tons of mats for the first time and did get ripped off i guess you just learned a lesson.

GnatB
05.17.2012 , 06:31 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Honeygurl View Post
I never gave him the Money, i gave him the mats. I've done about 20+ HM OPS and have never seen it drop so take your smart comments somewhere else. My post was that this could be a major issue.
ooooh, well yeah. providing your own mats was probably a mistake, instead of just paying for them as part of the CoD purchase price.

Mordekiem
05.17.2012 , 07:09 PM | #13
Caveat Emptor.

Buyer Beware.
-Mordekiem

Lady_Alyria
05.18.2012 , 11:07 AM | #14
I'd only hand mats over to a guildie, that way if they are cheating scum they can at least be kicked from guild. Otherwise you should have just paid credits for the item. Live and learn.

Iscariotone
05.18.2012 , 11:48 AM | #15
I never gave him the Money, i gave him the mats. I've done about 20+ HM OPS and have never seen it drop so take your smart comments somewhere else. My post was that this could be a major issue.
The major issue here is you trusted a stranger and got taken for some mats. Next time don't be so trusting to a stranger. The van may say free candy but that may not be the case

Thundergulch
05.21.2012 , 12:07 PM | #16
This whole crafting system is screwed up. Sunday i asked someone to make me Exotech Reflex Stims they take 50min to craft, I told them they could COD them to me in case I was on a run. After 3 days i reported them because I never received my items and I got a response of there is nothing they can do about it. There needs to be an option where we the player can craft the item in say 5min.
What server are you on, I can make those, and will COD them to you if you still need them... if the price is right of course.

Grayseven
05.21.2012 , 07:25 PM | #17
I'm really baffled by the responses of some of the people in this thread, but what I'm really baffled about is Bioware's lack of action on this.

A major staple of MMO's is having items made by crafting and a long standing part of that involves giving the crafter the materials for an item you want. I've seen this in every MMO I've been involved with so this is NOT a rare occurrence but something that happens quite frequently.

In other MMO's this theft of goods would result in the goods being stripped from the offender and that offender getting a few days suspension for their behavior. Tracking trades and chat isn't rocket science, it is done as a matter of course.

Unless you are playing with real life friends, we are ALL strangers here. Saying not to trust someone is anathema to what MMO's are.

Bioware should have investigated and actually done something about the theft instead of just blowing it off.
"50 Grades of Shae", a heart-warming novel about a Mandalorian that delivers beat-downs and assigns grades to her victims.

Aloro
05.21.2012 , 08:38 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Grayseven View Post
A major staple of MMO's is having items made by crafting and a long standing part of that involves giving the crafter the materials for an item you want. I've seen this in every MMO I've been involved with so this is NOT a rare occurrence but something that happens quite frequently.
Sure, it happens frequently in other games, and it happens frequently here. But that doesn't mean that there are game systems for this elsewhere, nor does it mean that there ought to be game systems here for this.

In WoW, I know of no mechanic that allows for what the OP is requesting. Nor do I know of any such mechanic in EQ or EQII or LotRO or AoC or DCU or CO or STO or... actually, no games do that, that I know of.

Quote:
In other MMO's this theft of goods would result in the goods being stripped from the offender and that offender getting a few days suspension for their behavior. Tracking trades and chat isn't rocket science, it is done as a matter of course.
This is utter nonsense. If you engage in a trade with another character, and they somehow found a way to hack the game and force the trade window to cheat you... then sure, devs would step in. But if you get a random stranger to promise to make you something, and you send that total stranger some materials in advance, and then that total stranger rips you off... it's all on you. It's up to you to make sure that your trades are fair. That's not the devs' business, nor should it be. They have other things to spend their time on, besides mediating between parties in trades.

The bottom line is always CAVEAT EMPTOR: "Let the buyer beware". It's your responsibility to ensure that you're happy with the details of the trade. And again, other than hacking or other explicit cheating, the devs have nothing to do with this sort of thing, here or in any other game.

Quote:
Unless you are playing with real life friends, we are ALL strangers here. Saying not to trust someone is anathema to what MMO's are.
Hardly. I've played over two dozen MMOs in the last thirteen years. At no point, in any of those games, have I felt that it would be wise or prudent to send cash or valuables to a stranger. In all cases, I either dealt with friends, or over the AH, or arranged to buy a finished product (for which I might pay cash or materials or some combination thereof). And I've never experienced this as a problem; I'd do the same in real life, after all.

I'm genuinely sorry the OP went through this. I'm not being callous; I don't enjoy the suffering of others. But the OP was foolish and the devs are not responsible for that. Sorry. Next time, please be more careful. That's all that anyone can offer you here: good advice, well intended.

Grayseven
05.22.2012 , 08:14 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Aloro View Post
Sure, it happens frequently in other games, and it happens frequently here. But that doesn't mean that there are game systems for this elsewhere, nor does it mean that there ought to be game systems here for this.

In WoW, I know of no mechanic that allows for what the OP is requesting. Nor do I know of any such mechanic in EQ or EQII or LotRO or AoC or DCU or CO or STO or... actually, no games do that, that I know of.

This is utter nonsense. If you engage in a trade with another character, and they somehow found a way to hack the game and force the trade window to cheat you... then sure, devs would step in. But if you get a random stranger to promise to make you something, and you send that total stranger some materials in advance, and then that total stranger rips you off... it's all on you. It's up to you to make sure that your trades are fair. That's not the devs' business, nor should it be. They have other things to spend their time on, besides mediating between parties in trades.

The bottom line is always CAVEAT EMPTOR: "Let the buyer beware". It's your responsibility to ensure that you're happy with the details of the trade. And again, other than hacking or other explicit cheating, the devs have nothing to do with this sort of thing, here or in any other game.

Hardly. I've played over two dozen MMOs in the last thirteen years. At no point, in any of those games, have I felt that it would be wise or prudent to send cash or valuables to a stranger. In all cases, I either dealt with friends, or over the AH, or arranged to buy a finished product (for which I might pay cash or materials or some combination thereof). And I've never experienced this as a problem; I'd do the same in real life, after all.

I'm genuinely sorry the OP went through this. I'm not being callous; I don't enjoy the suffering of others. But the OP was foolish and the devs are not responsible for that. Sorry. Next time, please be more careful. That's all that anyone can offer you here: good advice, well intended.
In WoW, if you engaged in a trade transaction through chat, and you are ripped off, and you report it, there will be an investigation and if the investigation shows you got ripped off, you will get your items back and the offender will be punished. I know this as fact as having had it happen to me. Chat logs showed what was agreed to and trade logs showed what was traded.

It is little different than agreeing to a loot system in pre-made groups only to have the loot distributor go against the agreed upon rules and give an item won by roll to his buddy instead of the roll winner.

Simply put, a system IS in place in WoW to prevent these types of actions.
"50 Grades of Shae", a heart-warming novel about a Mandalorian that delivers beat-downs and assigns grades to her victims.

CIKShock
05.22.2012 , 10:44 PM | #20
Nvm, was stated later.