Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Are Alt Crafters Effective?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Are Alt Crafters Effective?

Trauglodyte
05.21.2012 , 03:35 PM | #1
I've got a lvl 50 Armormech and a lvl 50 Armstech (btw, I'm a 100% PvPer. I've given thought to leveling up a few lvl 15 toons and grinding out Artificing, Biochem, and Cybertech to fill in the holes of what I'd be missing. As I understand it, all mods and such are BoP for pre-1.2 gear but everything released after 1.2 can be pulled out and REed to learn the schematic. Aside from grinding a ton to get what I want, is this correct and possible?
To die is simply to end the cycle of pain!

GnatB
05.21.2012 , 04:37 PM | #2
Pre1.2
Crafted items, other than the rakata bracers belts, are NOT BoP.
Dropped "high end" items are BoP. Cannot be RE'd/crafted. (but apparently schematics do occasionally drop, and said schematics are BoP)

post 1.2 items
Nothing crafted is BoP.
Dropped "High end" items are BoP. Mods can be extracted but (I believe) remain BoP. Can be RE'd to learn the schematics to craft them. No idea on whether or not raw schematics for stuff even drops. Unclear if you can RE somebody elses high end crafted item to learn the schematic for it.

(pre 1.2 stuff remains mostly as was, with the exception of being able to extract all mods.. though set bonus remain on the shell, not the mod)

I'm under the impression that as it currently stands, in order to craft any of the highest end stuff, you have to "earn" the original stuff yourself, with that character. High end crafting is (unfortunately) for adventurers only.

Spaj
05.21.2012 , 05:53 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by GnatB View Post
post1.2
Nothing crafted is BoP.
Are you sure? I dont recall seeing a change for Rakata Belt, Bracers and Relics being BoE
Shanque

GnatB
05.21.2012 , 06:32 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Spaj View Post
Are you sure? I dont recall seeing a change for Rakata Belt, Bracers and Relics being BoE
I guess I should have clarified the heading, post 1.2 items.

All pre 1.2 stuff stayed exactly the same. NO changes made to them (except can pull mods out, but since slot bonus doesn't come with, not a big deal)

Spaj
05.21.2012 , 07:16 PM | #5
My post was more hope than correction. Would love to see that - but unfortunately it would negate some artifice + synth viability.
Shanque