Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Guide-Video] Shinarika 9 and Introduction to 23/1/17 and 13/28 "Arika" Hybrid

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Sith Inquisitor > Assassin
[Guide-Video] Shinarika 9 and Introduction to 23/1/17 and 13/28 "Arika" Hybrid

Dollyllama_
05.16.2012 , 08:44 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Wulfra View Post
What is the preferred rotation on this build? And I can't quite make out the abilities on the bar. If someone could list that out that would be awesome. I wanna use these builds!

Im on my phone so its nigh impossible to make heads or tails of it.
EVERYTHING in pvp is situational and I don't like calling it a "rotation" per say but in a nutshell here's what you want to be using in each spec:
23-1-17
- Shock on energize proc
- Maul on a Duplicity proc
- Death Field when its CD is up.
- Thrash/Assassinate to proc energize.
- Ideally, recklessness/adrenals/relic popped when energize is available/DeathField is ready/and Duplicity is up...= huge burst on your target.

0-13-28
- Shock on 2x Induction stacks
- Maul on Duplicity proc (will proc more often in this spec due to 30% chance)
- Death Field when CD is up
- Thrash/Assassinate to proc Induction and as a filler when you're setting up for burst (next step)
- Ideally, recklessness/adrenals/relic popped when 2 stacks of induction is available/DeathField is ready/discharge is ready and Duplicity is up...= huge burst on your target.

Wulfra
05.16.2012 , 08:46 AM | #12
Greatly appreciated dolly!
The Voidhunter Legacy
Wulfra Lvl 50 Assassin
Foxera Lvl 18 Sentinel
Atomysk Lvl 18 Gunslinger

Xinika
05.16.2012 , 10:04 AM | #13
My pleasure helping you all out and I hope you enjoy.
Added a link to the OP that will help you in understanding what is what ability concerning your mirror class.

http://jedi.well-of-souls.com/abilities_consular.html

Good luck
Assassin Representative
Aeonneta | Shinarika | Semjase
Guides - Videos - Action
WATCHMEN

breynded
05.17.2012 , 12:45 PM | #14
Hey Shinarika, your vids are fantastic. Could you tell me where you can get Q27 armoring mods for the sash and bracers?

Xinika
05.18.2012 , 02:50 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by breynded View Post
Hey Shinarika, your vids are fantastic. Could you tell me where you can get Q27 armoring mods for the sash and bracers?
Cybertech.
Assassin Representative
Guides - Videos - Action
WATCHMEN

Pestulan
05.21.2012 , 03:09 PM | #16
Regarding the 0/13/28 build, is it really worth 3 talent points to get 30% crit damage on FiB/DF? That and why put a point in Sharpened mind? It doesn't seem like you're using DoTs at all, so that half of the talent seems wasted. Do you hard cast Mind Crush often enough to be worth those points?

Is the force management so good that Masked Assault or just more DPS/Defense (say Technique mastery, Security Breach, or Shadowy Veil) from KC or Inf? Dropping those 4 points from Balance would also let you grab one of the T4 talents in Inf.

I know FiB is relatively high damage AoE, but I just wonder about 4 talents to get 50% of 3 talents value.

Xinika
05.21.2012 , 05:55 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Pestulan View Post
Regarding the 0/13/28 build, is it really worth 3 talent points to get 30% crit damage on FiB/DF? That and why put a point in Sharpened mind? It doesn't seem like you're using DoTs at all, so that half of the talent seems wasted. Do you hard cast Mind Crush often enough to be worth those points?

Is the force management so good that Masked Assault or just more DPS/Defense (say Technique mastery, Security Breach, or Shadowy Veil) from KC or Inf? Dropping those 4 points from Balance would also let you grab one of the T4 talents in Inf.

I know FiB is relatively high damage AoE, but I just wonder about 4 talents to get 50% of 3 talents value.
I know it may look like a waste but trust me it's worth it.
You're not using DoTs as this spec. So, no, I do not use Mind Crush.
You're also using Shadow Technique.

Just take it for a spin
Assassin Representative
Guides - Videos - Action
WATCHMEN

Fallerup
05.21.2012 , 07:08 PM | #18
so what is your take on the "traditional" 31/0/10 spec that almost every Assassin/Shadow runs around with? And yes, that is an assumption as almost every assassin I click on has Dark Charge on

Some claim it is Op, because it does so much damage, I dont know, haven't played my assassin much since release of 1.2, I made a Juggernaut and have been busy with him (as you can see in my signature). But I was thinking of going back to my assassin at some point. might try one of these. if I dont like them, I can always go back to the damagetank spec (31/0/10 with dps gear).

I really like deception, but its a glass cannon and it's not worth it doing high burst if you die every 30 seconds now is it?
Gagota Class: Arsenal Mercenary
Member Of
Dark Brotherhood
Server: Tomb Of Freedon nadd EU

Pestulan
05.22.2012 , 08:01 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Xinika View Post
I know it may look like a waste but trust me it's worth it.
You're not using DoTs as this spec. So, no, I do not use Mind Crush.
You're also using Shadow Technique.

Just take it for a spin
I still don't buy it. I said it was 4 talents for 50% worth of a 3-pt talent, but it's actually 5-6. I forgot about Deathmark/Force Suppression. Since you're using no dots, the 20% from that talent is also wasted. And, if you don't have to get to the 5th tier, you can also pull a point out of one of the filler talents lower in the tree (like stun c/d reduction or dot dmg mitigation).

Clearly, you get slightly higher burst by increasing the crit damage on FiB/DF. Assuming you have a 35% crit rate buffed, you're increasing FiB/DF dmg by about 10.5% overall. Where you could instead put those 5-6 talents in Deception/Infiltration and go 18/23 or 19/22, and pick up some actual Force regen (which 13/28 has none of beyond the minor bonus right out of stealth), AoE dmg reduction and/or a c/d reduction on Force Cloak.

But it seems like, if you wanted more burst, going deep Infil/Deception would be better. You lose the range of FiB/DF, but buff Project/Shock heavily.

Isaccard
05.23.2012 , 09:25 AM | #20
What really brings all of this together is the way she's optimized her gear.

How much expertise/power/willpower do you have total with buffs?
MurderMayham