Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Game Update 1.3 preview now on ign

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Game Update 1.3 preview now on ign
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

TUXs
05.21.2012 , 11:52 AM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by Rhysling View Post
LFG Finder will be useless since its server side only.
Not if it comes with transfers.

Geezus...if he thinks 1.2 was such a huge success, I'd hate to see a failure.
All warfare is based on deception • If his forces are united, separate them • If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near • A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer • 7-day FREE sub • FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

Jandi
05.21.2012 , 11:53 AM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by Elboc View Post
This is common practise, calm down. IGN pays to get to talk about this first and get the traffic. Happens all the time with games. Someone always posts on the forums and in the off chance you missed it it will be all over this site by the end of the week.
There was literally 0 new info about anything. Yeah, how dare BW not repeat themselves 20 times a month. /facepalm

Mallorik
05.21.2012 , 11:53 AM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by HelinCarnate View Post
Agree. It will only be handy on a few servers. Maybe with server transfers it will help things.
With server transfers it will work for a few days, but only at peak play time. and if servers stay full. Anyone who plays wow or rift as a dps knows how long a cross server lfg tool can take.

immagine how long it will take if it was same server, wow server caps are 3k-3.5k? swtor is 1k-1.5k?

Or that wow has one extra spot for dps per group.

Not to mention dual specs so people can easily switch roles to fill out groups.

I really dont see how people think a same server tool will work in swtor, my guess is the anti x server people dont care if it doesnt work,

JediZenn
05.21.2012 , 11:57 AM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by Mallorik View Post
With server transfers it will work for a few days, but only at peak play time. and if servers stay full. Anyone who plays wow or rift as a dps knows how long a cross server lfg tool can take.

immagine how long it will take if it was same server, wow server caps are 3k-3.5k? swtor is 1k-1.5k?

Or that wow has one extra spot for dps per group.

Not to mention dual specs so people can easily switch roles to fill out groups.

I really dont see how people think a same server tool will work in swtor, my guess is the anti x server people dont care if it doesnt work,
Queue for EVERYTHING at your level range
Proceed to solo as normal
If something pops, all the better.

Even if you get to do MAYBE 50% of the content, thats a HELL of a lot more than most people are seeing having to LFG in general chat for 3 hours.

JovethGonzalez
05.21.2012 , 11:57 AM | #35 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hey folks, IGN has the exclusive news and video for now (which is why you didn't see this here on our site), but you'll see all of it on our site soon. For now, please go ahead and use this as the official discussion for this news.

Thanks!

Dyvid
05.21.2012 , 11:58 AM | #36
I love the forums lol.

People are mad because of no new info > people are mad because BW didn't release the info first

People are mad because of no LFG > people are mad because it's not the LFG they wanted

People are mad because of low server > people are mad because it's not the transfer they wanted.

I guess the saying is true, haters just want to hate.

Mallorik
05.21.2012 , 11:58 AM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by JediZenn View Post
Cross server LFG promotes ninja looting and general dick-headedness.

Just look at WoW as an example.

If BW ever goes cross-server LFG, I'll cancel.
well infortunately if you look at the threads youre in the minority, if you take into account all the people that already left the game anti x-server people probably dont make up enough of the population to make a server register as "standard"

it would be great if they made one server with no x server to put all of you people on, i would have absolutely no problem with that.

Urael
05.21.2012 , 11:59 AM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by Elboc View Post
This is common practise, calm down. IGN pays to get to talk about this first and get the traffic. Happens all the time with games. Someone always posts on the forums and in the off chance you missed it it will be all over this site by the end of the week.
Last week was the week of multiple threads on lack of communication by BW on these sites and we have this happen this week? I just don't understand why this site is not their primary means of communication with the people that pay to play their game rather than "game sites" and "twitter".

Pompeia
05.21.2012 , 12:00 PM | #39
There are 2 things in the article that are new at least for me, and I keep browsing the forum now and then daily to see if there is an update about transfers.

1- Some leaked info pointed 1.3 to introduce a companion equivalent to HK-47 assassin droid. This may mean nothing to many of you, but to those that played the original KotOR it means a lot - he was one of the best companions to have around due to hes sarcasm speaches.

2- I dont see anything pointing to the transfers hapening before the patch is released, unlike some info we got earlier this week. I can live with that, but I cant do FPs or Heroics untill then - i'm also on a deserted server (sith'ari).

Chesty_Jake
05.21.2012 , 12:01 PM | #40
Um transfers coming to 1.3 is great news, this was never confirmed before that I saw. It would appear they're listening after all to pack that into 1.3 day 1.

That's what's needed most.
www.kickingtotalass.com
Streaming here at twitch.tv/guy_gamer/
Server: The Shadow Lands (Republic, Main: Yørk)
Guild: <The Meatbags> (Republic, originally of Tarro Blood & Corellian Run)