Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Best Class For PVE AOE Damage?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Best Class For PVE AOE Damage?

Ledden
12.18.2011 , 12:06 AM | #1
I want a class that does the better AOE damage in a PVE setting.

Would it be BH/Trooper or Agent/Smuggler?

Thanks in advance.

allencoded
12.18.2011 , 01:08 AM | #2
I know the Sorcerer has some AOE lightning skill apparently I haven't gotten to it yet.

Noth
12.18.2011 , 02:09 AM | #3
Probably Bounty Hunter Mercenary
╼S T D╾
◈Get Infected◈
Sith Empire│PVP│PST
STD Guild HQRecruitment ThreadGuild Site

misieek
12.18.2011 , 02:10 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Noth View Post
Probably Bounty Hunter Mercenary
BH merc dead from above and other one spammable forgot its name
sith marauder - annihilation tree

Kotli
12.18.2011 , 06:12 AM | #5
BH Merc and Trooper Commando both get mega AOE nukes. Both get a skill that fire a barrage that does enough damage to wipe out a whole pack of standard mobs in one volley (Its called mortar for Commando it just takes a few secs to aim it right oh and its AOE is 1.5x as big as the targeting marker).

Crogga
12.18.2011 , 08:39 AM | #6
Merc/commando seems best but my sniper seems faster with single target- at least right now. Boom! headshot.
Not played it but Sorc looks like somewhere in between. In fact the more I look into this class the more it looks like a balanced 'hybrid', even as assassin. Hmm interesting to see what lvl 50 brings/

pezit
12.18.2011 , 09:53 AM | #7
The Gunslinger/Sniper has an entire tree dedicated to AoE so that would be my guess.

Shockerpwns
12.18.2011 , 10:31 AM | #8
Early game I'd say BH/Trooper /bc they get their massive AoE early, lvl 10, but later in game lightning sorc has same pretty nice AoE w/ force storm and chain lightning. Gunslinger/sniper has some nice AoE too if they go engineering, plasma probe, 2sec frag, suppressive fire, orbital strike.
Fear. Fear attracts the fearful... the strong... the weak... the innocent... the corrupt. Fear. Fear is my ally.
--Darth Maul