Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Blackhole Gear

CrAcKKiE
05.19.2012 , 10:02 PM | #1
Bioware I am really getting tired of having to get augmented gear pull out mods look like a level 10 toon because you can't optimize your end game gear for players.

This is really bothering me I like the look of the new BH blackhole gear but due to crappy stats on it I can't use the gaer, you force players to get augmented gear which looks horrible.

why not make all gear augmented slots? like have an item to upgrade the gear so has augmented slot? Why force me to wear crafted ugly augmented gear makes me look like a level 10 toon?

This is horrible game design if you are going to make it worth running operation for end-game gear make it valuable.

Modding your gear should not be a necessity as it stands with-out modding end game gear and getting augmented slots all your design on end=game gear is worthless as I cannot wear it regardless.

GG bioware.

JuicyJustice
05.19.2012 , 10:08 PM | #2
In patch 1.3 you can add an augment slot into your existing blackhole gears.

Kaisies
05.19.2012 , 10:20 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by CrAcKKiE View Post
Bioware I am really getting tired of having to get augmented gear pull out mods look like a level 10 toon because you can't optimize your end game gear for players.

This is really bothering me I like the look of the new BH blackhole gear but due to crappy stats on it I can't use the gaer, you force players to get augmented gear which looks horrible.

why not make all gear augmented slots? like have an item to upgrade the gear so has augmented slot? Why force me to wear crafted ugly augmented gear makes me look like a level 10 toon?

This is horrible game design if you are going to make it worth running operation for end-game gear make it valuable.

Modding your gear should not be a necessity as it stands with-out modding end game gear and getting augmented slots all your design on end=game gear is worthless as I cannot wear it regardless.

GG bioware.
bh gear isnt' supposed to be bis anyway.

ShadowAxx
05.19.2012 , 10:39 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by JuicyJustice View Post
In patch 1.3 you can add an augment slot into your existing blackhole gears.
Who can add augments? Every one or just specific crafts?

TheRealCandyMan
05.20.2012 , 03:15 AM | #5
It isn't Biowares fault you haven't got good looking augmented geared. I, for one, was able to find very nice looking augmented gear.

I also don't see the hate for BH. Tionese/Columi/Rakata all had very severe itemization issues as well and required the user to modify the base set if they wanted to maximum their DPS for that item set. It's the same thing with BH...

Stop being lazy.
Member of SuckaFish
Roovin - SniperOhmygerd - PT Ciphas - Marauder Frodo'swaggins - Juggernaut

The Hashtagyolo Legacy

CrAcKKiE
05.20.2012 , 04:39 AM | #6
Stop being lazy?

Are you a bioware employee?

End-Game gear means u should be receiving the best not a half *** baked set requires you spend credits and time modding.

I don't agree with this at all. It should only give a slight improvement to people willing farm same item over and over just to pull out the stats. Bioware needs to stop being lazy and optimize the end game gear.

Karasuko
05.20.2012 , 06:33 AM | #7
I raided extensively for 5 years in that other game, I don't think that at any point in time BiS was ever catered for.
Tier 6,10 and 13 were as close to BiS as you would ever get. Even then there was badly itemised pieces of gear spattered throughout your tier sets that you only took for set bonuses.

I think that the modable system is far superior to being FORCED to take inferior pieces of gear that stay inferior to others.Atleast you have the option of taking mods from another piece and using them rather than being stuck with haste as a class that doesn't scale well with it for example.
It also rewards a player aesthicatally (spelling grrr) now that set bonuses are moveable.

I wouldn't stress it, the next "tier" of gear will probably be alot better itemised.