Is Darth Traya/Kreia the best teacher of Force Users?

She trained both great Jedi Masters and Sith Lords.

Including

Revan

Meetra Surik

Darth Nihilus

Darth Sion

Considering that Sion was already a Sith Lord, seasoned warrior and Dark Side devotee and Nihlus was already a Sith Lord, Kreia was their Master in name only and probably taught both very little.

Revan had many Masters, and I doubt you could pinpoint one as being the best and most influential.

She probably had the most affect on Meetra, but this came only when dealing with the wound in the Force stuff, and reconnecting to the Force and much less with Meetra's other abilities which were taught to her as a Jedi or from the Jedi Masters she defeated on her quest to see why she was exiled.

Throw in the fact that 3 of her 4 known 'students' turned on her and I'd say she has a terrible track record as a teacher.

No, she's crazy and full of herself. The only person out of the list you mentioned that learned something noteworthy from her is the Exile and even that is in question. She was also still a Jedi when she taught Revan, I don't think she fell to the darkside and became what we know her as until after Revan did. Edited by OldVengeance

Considering that Sion was already a Sith Lord, seasoned warrior and Dark Side devotee and Nihlus was already a Sith Lord, Kreia was their Master in name only and probably taught both very little.

What? she taught Nihilus everything he knew.

Revan had many Masters, and I doubt you could pinpoint one as being the best and most influential.

She was Revan's main master of them all and taught him a lot of the knowledge he knew about Bonds, etc... she also was the reason he didn't stay full Jedi or full Sith.

She probably had the most affect on Meetra, but this came only when dealing with the wound in the Force stuff, and reconnecting to the Force and much less with Meetra's other abilities which were taught to her as a Jedi or from the Jedi Masters she defeated on her quest to see why she was exiled.

She was the catalyst for teaching Surik her wide range of abilities, and taught her a hell of a lot about persuasion, bonds and how to read other's thoughts, also Surik never fought any Jedi masters, that is part of the non-canonical Dark Side version of the game.

Throw in the fact that 3 of her 4 known 'students' turned on her and I'd say she has a terrible track record as a teacher.

Two of them turned on her in typical Sith fashion, the other two didn't, one was forced to fight her and the other just left.

I definately would not say she was the best teacher of force users..... but she did teach many people

As for this quote here, true Sion was already a sith lord, and I'm not sure she really taught him much, but her teachings did make him a bit stronger, and she was able to make him bow to her. And for Nihilus, he actually was not already a sith (well actually i cant remember everything, but im pretty sure he was a soldier). He happened to be on Malachor V when it was destroyed with the Mass Shadow Generator. He somehow survived and discovered he could "feed" on other people with the force, and did that to many other survivers to get the hunger to go away, but it kept coming back stronger and stronger. Traya found him and taught him how to control his hunger, and how to become stronger so he could feed in greater quantities at a time (like devouring a planet full of force sensitives). So Traya did teach Nihilus a lot.

Regarding her teaching Revan, she did teach him enough for for the council to blame her and her teachings for Revans and the other jedi's fall. Though that still doesn't say how much she taught him.

Sure, some of her students turned on her, but you kinda got it wrong there. Sion and Nihilus turned on her not because her teachings didnt help them, but because they were getting sick of her bossing them around. And the exile did not betray her, she betrayed the exile.

She taught him how to eat planets? Why would she do that?

She taught him how to harness and satiated his hunger, why? probably her blind hatred of the Jedi Order or she just didn't understand just how powerful that feeding would become.

She was Revan's main master of them all and taught him a lot of the knowledge he knew about Bonds, etc... she also was the reason he didn't stay full Jedi or full Sith.

She was the catalyst for teaching Surik her wide range of abilities, and taught her a hell of a lot about persuasion, bonds and how to read other's thoughts, also Surik never fought any Jedi masters, that is part of the non-canonical Dark Side version of the game.

Two of them turned on her in typical Sith fashion, the other two didn't, one was forced to fight her and the other just left.

Wow, you posted this right before i posted mine..... haha

Good to see another person who likes Traya

I had forgotten that Kreia found Nihilus after he survived the MSG on Malachor V, I'm pretty sure it isn't known if he was a civilian, soldier or possibly even a Sith. So you can't say for sure she taught him every thing he knew or that he wasn't possibly a trained Sith at the time. I will concede she taught him how to control his hunger,which was a new thing to him.

Revan had way too many Masters to call Kreia his "main Master". She was his first, and he left to train under Master Zhar, he left Zhar, and went on to train under many masters, including Zhar again. He finally went back to Kreia when "he realized there was nothing more to be learned from the Jedi—except how one could leave them forever."

So that's Kreia twice, Zhar, twice, numerous other Masters, at least once. I don't know how you arrived at Kreia being his main master from that unless you are inferring this from her being his first Master and thus the "main" or most important, which is subjective.

Shewas the catalyst for teaching Surik her wide range of abilities, and taught her a hell of a lot about persuasion, bonds and how to read other's thoughts, also Surik never fought any Jedi masters, that is part of the non-canonical Dark Side version of the game.

It's been quite a number of years since I have played KOTOR II, and admittedly I chose to play Meetra more DS than LS on my playthroughs. I could be misremembering but while Kreia did set the wheels in motion for the plot, it was mostly about the Exile rediscovering her connection to the Force, the resulting abilities from each rediscovery and a focus on the wound in the force and Kreia's plan involving this.

You are very knowledgeable about KOTOR II and Meetra, so I'll just defer to you on this.

While it is typical Sith fashion to turn upon your Master, they turned on her and cast her out because they had tired of her teachings. Yes, Revan had left her long ago and yes, Meetra was forced to fight her. However you word it or describe the circumstances, 3 out of her 4 known students tried to kill her.

Regarding her teaching Revan, she did teach him enough for for the council to blame her and her teachings for Revans and the other jedi's fall. Though that still doesn't say how much she taught him

When the fecal matter hits the fan in a major way, heads will always roll, and there will always be a scapegoat. Who better to blame for Revan's fall than his first and last Master? kreia got to be the scapegoat this time, but again it is not known if this is because of the importance placed on her training with him or she was handy to lay the blame at her feet. Their time together is virtually unknown, and what little we do know comes from Kreia, who is a master manipulator and liar.

Edited by Temeluchus

I had forgotten that Kreia found Nihilus after he survived the MSG on Malachor V, I'm pretty sure it isn't known if he was a civilian, soldier or possibly even a Sith. So you can't say for sure she taught him every thing he knew or that he wasn't possibly a trained Sith at the time. I will concede she taught him how to control his hunger,which was a new thing to him.

The Campaign Guide tells us that Traya found him and taught him everything.

Revan had way too many Masters to call Kreia his "main Master". She was his first, and he left to train under Master Zhar, he left Zhar, and went on to train under many masters, including Zhar again. He finally went back to Kreia when "he realized there was nothing more to be learned from the Jedi—except how one could leave them forever."

So that's Kreia twice, Zhar, twice, numerous other Masters, at least once. I don't know how you arrived at Kreia being his main master from that unless you are inferring this from her being his first Master and thus the "main" or most important, which is subjective.

You misunderstand, the rest of the masters never truly taught Revan anything he just perfected his powers, Kreia modelled him after herself al of his core beliefs and teachings came from Kreia.

It's been quite a number of years since I have played KOTOR II, and admittedly I chose to play Meetra more DS than LS on my playthroughs. I could be misremembering but while Kreia did set the wheels in motion for the plot, it was mostly about the Exile rediscovering her connection to the Force, the resulting abilities from each rediscovery and a focus on the wound in the force and Kreia's plan involving this.

Don't you remember the multiple times on the Ebon Hawk where Kreia taught you a whole range of powers and other times like when she teaches you Beast Control on Dxun? she also taught Meetra a whole range of philosophical teachings from all sides, she ended up being the first real Jedi since the Sunriders.

While it is typical Sith fashion to turn upon your Master, they turned on her and cast her out because they had tired of her teachings. Yes, Revan had left her long ago and yes, Meetra was forced to fight her. However you word it or describe the circumstances, 3 out of her 4 known students tried to kill her.

When the fecal matter hits the fan in a major way, heads will always roll, and there will always be a scapegoat. Who better to blame for Revan's fall than his first and last Master? kreia got to be the scapegoat this time, but again it is not known if this is because of the importance placed on her training with him or she was handy to lay the blame at her feet. Their time together is virtually unknown, and what little we do know comes from Kreia, who is a master manipulator and liar.

Well she had two Sith Apprentices who betrayed her, as is their way, Sith who were on the verge of destroying all life in the galaxy, the best true jedi seen since the days of Exar Kun and an icon.

What we do know is this, Revan's own views are very similar to the views Kreia held and it is clear from the obvious knowledge the Jedi had that she was indeed major influence in the order and they blamed her and her teachings specifically for everything that happened, hell Atris even knew what Kreia's real name was, it could be Arren Kae for all we know.

Edited by Rayla_Felana

It's been a long time since I played Kotor 2 but Where was it confirmed that Revan's Machiavellian schemes came from Kreia? Revan already had a "sith like" attitude even during the Mandalorian Wars. I thought I remembered reading on Kotor 2's website back when the game came out that Krea fell to the darkside when she visited Malachor V because she was troubled by Revan's fall or something which would have been after the Jedi Civil War began.

I don't remember anything in the game that says that Sion and Nihilus learned everything they knew exclusively from her either. They both seem to have mastered techniques that she has not.

And regarded the Exile, I don't know how much significance Kotor 2 actually had on whatever character they made up in Meetra. If the canon story was a lightside female then obviously she disregarded a lot of what Kriea said. I fail to see how the Exile became the first "true Jedi" (why was she the only one?) because of anything Kreia taught. Most of what she says is absolutely antithetical to any Jedi teaching.

Edited by OldVengeance

It's been a long time since I played Kotor 2 but Where was it confirmed that Revan's Machiavellian schemes came from Kreia? Revan already had a "sith like" attitude even during the Mandalorian Wars. I thought I remembered reading on Kotor 2's website back when the game came out that Krea fell to the darkside when she visited Malachor V because she was troubled by Revan's fall or something which would have been after the Jedi Civil War began.

You are referring to Revan falling to the Dark Side, I am not.

I don't remember anything in the game that says that Sion and Nihilus learned everything they knew exclusively from her either. They both seem to have mastered techniques that she has not.

I didn't suggest Sion, and it isn't in the game it is in the Campaign Guide that states Nihilus was taught completely by Kreia and Kreia seems to have similar powers to Nihilus, when she devoured the Jedi Council members on Dantooine, she had shades of her former apprentice.

And regarded the Exile, I don't know how much significance Kotor 2 actually had on whatever character they made up in Meetra. If the canon story was a lightside female then obviously she disregarded a lot of what Kriea said. I fail to see how the Exile became the first "true Jedi" (why was she the only one?) because of anything Kreia taught. Most of what she says is absolutely antithetical to any Jedi teaching.

You missed the point, she did not embrace the teachings of kreia, she was shown the philosophies of both the Jedi and the Sith by Kreia, and basically chose the Light Side, chose to do what was right in the moment rather than follow blindly what was a pretty sad excuse for a Jedi order by that point.

The Campaign Guide tells us that Traya found him and taught him everything.

You misunderstand, the rest of the masters never truly taught Revan anything he just perfected his powers, Kreia modelled him after herself al of his core beliefs and teachings came from Kreia.

Don't you remember the multiple times on the Ebon Hawk where Kreia taught you a whole range of powers and other times like when she teaches you Beast Control on Dxun? she also taught Meetra a whole range of philosophical teachings from all sides, she ended up being the first real Jedi since the Sunriders.

Well she had two Sith Apprentices who betrayed her, as is their way, Sith who were on the verge of destroying all life in the galaxy, the best true jedi seen since the days of Exar Kun and an icon.

What we do know is this, Revan's own views are very similar to the views Kreia held and it is clear from the obvious knowledge the Jedi had that she was indeed major influence in the order and they blamed her and her teachings specifically for everything that happened, hell Atris even knew what Kreia's real name was, it could be Arren Kae for all we know.

Thank you for the clarification. I'm still not convinced on the Kreia being his main Master thing though. I don't really think he learned nothing from the other Masters, if that were the case why would he study under Zhar twice? Seems kind of stupid of Revan to study under a guy again when he didn't teach you anything the first go around.

Slightly off topic, if you have played the SW story, what are your thoughts on the Entity?

Is it Kreia in some shape or form?

We are led to believe it is by the Codex and things she says and things people say about the Entity, if it is her I'm excited to see the role she plays now that she is free.