Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Stealth in HMs

Kellour's Avatar


Kellour
05.18.2012 , 05:09 PM | #1
Having just recently leveled a Scoundrel to 50, I'm now setting about gearing him for Ops and I noticed recently while doing a couple HMs that Stealth seemed a bit...odd? So, not having played a Stealth class before I wasn't sure if this was intended or not. I mean, I get that its a Hardmode, I do. At the same time, without Stealth, the only non-Droid CC I have access to, Tranquilizer, isn't useable.

My group makeup in Taral V HM might have been a tad unconventional (a Vanguard, 2 Commandos, and myself a Scoundrel) but with our limited ability to CC, and the ability of the Vinecats to detect my stealth from over 30m away, it left us unable to adequately complete the first mini-boss, Handler Gatten.

Is it just a matter of us needing a more class-balanced group? Can most mobs detect your Stealth at 30+ meters? It honestly left me feeling a tad useless...

Aurojiin's Avatar


Aurojiin
05.18.2012 , 05:42 PM | #2
Commandos should have 60 second in-combat mezzes, so you're hardly lacking for CCs in that party. Either way it's not relevant to the encounter you're referring to, because all three enemies are immune iirc.

That encounter is just a tank and spank, basically. Let the tank gain threat, then burn down Gattan; just eat the damage from the vinecats (they basically random aggro).

Alternatively, just hug the wall to the right and squeeze between the tree and the cliffside, skipping the encounter entirely.

uniz's Avatar


uniz
05.18.2012 , 06:45 PM | #3
done that fight two different ways.

cc both or one cat(s) and burn him down

dont cc and burn him down first and then the cats. dont aoe as you will then own both kitties and die real fast

either way get close to him when fighting.

cats bounce agro alot. not sure why so dont whine at the tank for not keeping them with him.

loot your one crystal and move on.

if you can skip them do so.

edit: cats can be mezed. our sage, commando, and assn has all done it. unless it was changed recently.

Aurojiin's Avatar


Aurojiin
05.18.2012 , 10:05 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by uniz View Post
edit: cats can be mezed. our sage, commando, and assn has all done it. unless it was changed recently.
Hmmm. Tbh I haven't done the fight in months, so I guess my memory is failing me.

BlastingGravy's Avatar


BlastingGravy
05.19.2012 , 08:35 AM | #5
Are you using sneak before approaching the vine cats? It should make detection virtually impossible.
Official My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Guild
Help spread love and tolerance across the galaxy.
Guild HQ | Guild Thread | Forum
Pinkiepi: Shield Specialist Vanguard

Kellour's Avatar


Kellour
05.19.2012 , 09:38 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by BlastingGravy View Post
Are you using sneak before approaching the vine cats? It should make detection virtually impossible.
I didn't really get a chance to try. They seemed to detect my stealth at such a far distance, but I'd be curious to try it again.

Thanks for all the input!

Rerkk's Avatar


Rerkk
05.19.2012 , 05:38 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Kellour View Post
Having just recently leveled a Scoundrel to 50, I'm now setting about gearing him for Ops and I noticed recently while doing a couple HMs that Stealth seemed a bit...odd? So, not having played a Stealth class before I wasn't sure if this was intended or not. I mean, I get that its a Hardmode, I do. At the same time, without Stealth, the only non-Droid CC I have access to, Tranquilizer, isn't useable.

My group makeup in Taral V HM might have been a tad unconventional (a Vanguard, 2 Commandos, and myself a Scoundrel) but with our limited ability to CC, and the ability of the Vinecats to detect my stealth from over 30m away, it left us unable to adequately complete the first mini-boss, Handler Gatten.

Is it just a matter of us needing a more class-balanced group? Can most mobs detect your Stealth at 30+ meters? It honestly left me feeling a tad useless...
when i did HM taral V, the shadow we had that was going to CC one of the cats kept getting detected and attacked as well. so its not only u haveing that problem
Zadi'an Legacy
Rerkk - Geyo - Zekan - Xek'o
Company