Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Mercenary PVP: When BW will buff?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Bounty Hunter > Mercenary
Mercenary PVP: When BW will buff?

Agooz's Avatar


Agooz
05.19.2012 , 01:09 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by SerAlexStark View Post
Yeah just like how Hunters continually were the lowest ranked class for years and people claimed it was EVERYONE PLAYING THE CLASS that needed to learn to play. The massive amount of people playing the other classes just happen to be way more skilled than the masses of Mercenaries. There's a better chance of being struck by lightning than that being true.

This is good information. Mercs are broken and need fundamental fixes. Don't delete my post again Bioware, that's an order.
Your post got deleted because you resorted to name calling, not because your argument was sound or game breaking. lol

T-Assassin's Avatar


T-Assassin
05.19.2012 , 02:56 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by SerAlexStark View Post
Yeah just like how Hunters continually were the lowest ranked class for years and people claimed it was EVERYONE PLAYING THE CLASS that needed to learn to play. The massive amount of people playing the other classes just happen to be way more skilled than the masses of Mercenaries. There's a better chance of being struck by lightning than that being true.

This is good information. Mercs are broken and need fundamental fixes. Don't delete my post again Bioware, that's an order.
be constructive and positive and see how that goes...i bet it'll go over a lil' better.

i will say this. it is a L2P issue.

some classes have better burst, some can heal...

pvp is a team concept, and i believe Merc is probably the closed to a well put together class than most others.(because it fits my playstyle).

get over your inability to play the class successfully, or to its full potential, and reroll a faceroll class or FoTM.

^that's all it boils down to.
"Ib'tuur jatne tuur ash'ad kyr'amur."
"Today is a good day for someone else to die." -

Diddley's Avatar


Diddley
05.19.2012 , 03:08 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by T-Assassin View Post
be constructive and positive and see how that goes...i bet it'll go over a lil' better.

i will say this. it is a L2P issue.

some classes have better burst, some can heal...

pvp is a team concept, and i believe Merc is probably the closed to a well put together class than most others.(because it fits my playstyle).

get over your inability to play the class successfully, or to its full potential, and reroll a faceroll class or FoTM.

^that's all it boils down to.
If you refuse to accept that imbalances exist in swtor, which you are basically doing because mercs are at the bottom of the pile at the moment, you are unconscionably naive. Mercs are not a L2P issue, they suck at the moment in terms of utility, defense, and for such a lack of these, they fall woefully short on dps.

The fact you think they are the one of the closed (closest?) to a well put together class because it fits your play style shows how utterly subjective and therefore worthless your opinion is.

It is the overwhelming majority, good/bad players and players of other classes that see mercs as broken for pvp and a free meal in WZs. The "adjust/L2P" people like yourself just sound ignorant, dumb or noobish to be honest.

T-Assassin's Avatar


T-Assassin
05.19.2012 , 03:12 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Diddley View Post
If you refuse to accept that imbalances exist in swtor you are unconscionably naive. Mercs are not a L2P issue, they suck at the moment.

The fact you think they are the one of the closed (closest?) to a well put together class because it fits your play style shows how utterly subjective and therefore worthless your opinion is.

It is the overwhelming majority, good/bad players and players of other classes that see mercs as broken for pvp and a free meal in WZs. The "adjust/L2P" people like yourself just sound ignorant, dumb or noobish to be honest.
which is precisely why your, and everybody else's, complaints are not valid.

how come i have no problem killin healers and 1v1'n marauders and PT/VG's? sure, some are darn good and get me...but, i SHOULDN'T win ever time!!

perhaps your understanding of the class, or how to play it, is n00bish.
"Ib'tuur jatne tuur ash'ad kyr'amur."
"Today is a good day for someone else to die." -

T-Assassin's Avatar


T-Assassin
05.19.2012 , 03:14 PM | #15
sorry...i should be more specific..

PT/Merc, nothing more...i am not speaking on healing or arsenal..

Firebug from day 1.
"Ib'tuur jatne tuur ash'ad kyr'amur."
"Today is a good day for someone else to die." -

Diddley's Avatar


Diddley
05.19.2012 , 03:19 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by T-Assassin View Post
which is precisely why your, and everybody else's, complaints are not valid.

how come i have no problem killin healers and 1v1'n marauders and PT/VG's? sure, some are darn good and get me...but, i SHOULDN'T win ever time!!

perhaps your understanding of the class, or how to play it, is n00bish.
Do you have video evidence of this? The way you post in such a cocksure way saying you have "no problem" against healers, maras and PTs in 1v1s makes me think you play against bads. Good players of said classes dominate mercs.

Bbizzle's Avatar


Bbizzle
05.19.2012 , 03:27 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by RedKubrick View Post
every BH chose PT....a tank that make more dps than a dps...incredible...wake up BW..too many players are leaving the game
False. Play both to 50 and wake up out of your dream.

T-Assassin's Avatar


T-Assassin
05.19.2012 , 03:44 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Diddley View Post
Do you have video evidence of this? The way you post in such a cocksure way saying you have "no problem" against healers, maras and PTs in 1v1s makes me think you play against bads. Good players of said classes dominate mercs.
no video evidence...i could ask a couple friends to come in here and give eye witness acounts if that would appease the court.

the best evidence i can produce is a few random SS's of WZ's. and, to be completely honest, open, and forthcoming with you, those are mainly late night SS's. there is a pretty good repub guild on my server, with a group that seems intent on shutting me down, so i have my low # WZ's. not in damage tho...i always top that...(all these are solo q's):

http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/885...2051023464.jpg
http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/555...2051018155.jpg
http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/7...2051017372.jpg
http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/4...2050221405.jpg
http://img717.imageshack.us/img717/6...2050122150.jpg
http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/8...2042500535.jpg
http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/1572/...2041821022.jpg


***EDIT: buff me, PLEASE!!!
"Ib'tuur jatne tuur ash'ad kyr'amur."
"Today is a good day for someone else to die." -

Diddley's Avatar


Diddley
05.19.2012 , 04:47 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by T-Assassin View Post
no video evidence...i could ask a couple friends to come in here and give eye witness acounts if that would appease the court.

the best evidence i can produce is a few random SS's of WZ's. and, to be completely honest, open, and forthcoming with you, those are mainly late night SS's. there is a pretty good repub guild on my server, with a group that seems intent on shutting me down, so i have my low # WZ's. not it damage tho...i always top that...(all these are solo q's):

http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/885...2051023464.jpg
http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/555...2051018155.jpg
http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/7...2051017372.jpg
http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/4...2050221405.jpg
http://img717.imageshack.us/img717/6...2050122150.jpg
http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/8...2042500535.jpg
http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/1572/...2041821022.jpg


***EDIT: buff me, PLEASE!!!
A set of screens showing high dps, I grant you that, but doesn't take into account things like objectives, 1v1s or skill of your/opposing team. You could just be tab-dotting and finishing people off for all I know. With scores like that I expect you were just mindlessly pushing dps anyway.

No offense, but If every player saved screens of their best scores we'd all have a similar folder. FYI, it's the utility and defense that mercs most crave in pvp, not more dps.

T-Assassin's Avatar


T-Assassin
05.19.2012 , 05:00 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Diddley View Post
A set of screens showing high dps, I grant you that, but doesn't take into account things like objectives, 1v1s or skill of your/opposing team. You could just be tab-dotting and finishing people off for all I know. With scores like that I expect you were just mindlessly pushing dps anyway.

No offense, but If every player saved screens of their best scores we'd all have a similar folder.
no offense taken...those are my average SS's. i got some crazy Assassin pre 1.2's, some <50 insane PT/Merc #'s...

the thing u gotta look for is...

the wins. u see the 2 loses? 2 HB ties! 1 dude ran into the fire <10s and got stunned...the other was rushing their goal with <30s left...(u sit on it).

objectives:
-own middle in HB (hockey defensman)
-kill healers in all others.

so...i'm really having a difficult time wrappin my head around where all these problems lie. i'm not having them.

as far as what the scoreboard says...LOL...i would bet you $500 i've scored more goals in HB pre 1.1 than 99% of the playerbase...and had a healer following me (shout out to the best healer, RealRanger, MZL server), while we wone 99% of our matches...

he averaged 3-4 medals...and like 1000-1500 objectives...yet, i carried the ball, and he carried our team.

VL & HRS- "winning isn't everything...it's the only thing."
"Ib'tuur jatne tuur ash'ad kyr'amur."
"Today is a good day for someone else to die." -